Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Little Wii GD XIII's Story - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1397258-little-wii-gd-xiiis-story/

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jul 20, 09 at 11:45pm (PST)
Subject:   Little Wii GD XIII's Story
-------------------------------------------
Onward to world domination!

Previous Threads:

{GD I} Viva la revolution!!! Er... I mean Wii.

{GD II} Why the $@#!! won't they tell us the price/rel. date?

{GD III} Wii will, Wii will, Rock you!

{GD IV} Wii = Sonic Flash

{GD V} Wii Came, Wii Saw, Wii Kicked Ass

{GD VI} Wrist Wriggling Fun

{GD VII} Nunchuck All over Again

{GD VIII} It's Unbewiivable! (Get Ready...1...2...ThreWii!)

{GD IX} YOU GOT Wii GD 9!!!

{GD X} Wii GD X - There is a Dragon in my Quest

{GD XI} Don't give up, Wii GD XI! Fight!!

{GD XII} Tatsunoko vs. Wii GD XII: Cross Generation of GDs

Author:   Lost in Azure
Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 12:15am (PST)
Subject:   re: Little Wii GD XIII's Story
Best title so far. Tomorrow at 2 LKS will finally be mine, I just hope I don't regret not pre-ordering.

Author:   DXD
Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 12:16am (PST)
I never knew that your limit was 25 pages, Akira_EX. Oh well, it doesn't really matter.

Author:   therealNgamer
Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 12:17am (PST)
First post!

Edit: Beaten. Oh well, there's always the next GD...

quote Dragon ZERO
Characters is the most opinionated section, while stories and execution (with no character personality involvement) is something that can be separated as "good" and "bad" not "I like" and "don't like."
Whether you like a story or not is just as opinionated as whether or not you like characters. Some people like some types of stories while others like others. But usually people generally agree that certain stories are good while others are bad. However, this does not change the fact that it's highly opinionated. And you cannot have a story with no characters, good sir.

quote Akira_EX
After all the retrospect, FFVII is very overrated. FFIX is definitely the better game in the PS1 mainline FFs.

I've seen the light after I played the masterpiece (no sarcasm) that is FFXII. <3 that game.
I haven't played FFVIII (despite owning it-backlog) or FFIX, so I can't really say. But the only thing I didn't like about FFVII was that every single character was an indistinguishable slate aside from Limit Breaks and which weapons they could equip. Sounds like I would like FFIX, though, since it fixes that problem.

I personally think that FFXII is overrated. It has the same problem as FFVII in that every single character is essentially the same, except they are even MORE indistinguishable since anyone can use any weapon and the Quickenings are all just damage inflicter. Also, Espers are completely worthless in FFXII. The pacing between plot and gameplay is awful in that you would spend about 5 hours going through some dungeon only to be greeted at the end with only 6 minutes of plot. This problem was only made worse by fairly repetitive level design, especially in areas like the Ogir-Yensa and Nam-Yensa Sandsea. The characterization for many characters (except Balthier, he kicked ass) was very weak as the game focused too much on the political aspects of the story rather than personal connections. Also, Gambits were spread waaay too thin, so you couldn't get the actual useful ones until far later in the game. Now what's the point of advertising being able to fully customize AI if the game doesn't let you have good AI until near the end of the game?

/end rant. The game is still enjoyable (heck, I've logged about 110 hours on it), but it is plagued by many simple problems that prevent it from being the masterful game it could've been.

quote Murray3
You sir, need to play more Fire Emblem. Or maybe Kirby's Air Ride... Actually, I'd recommend the latter.
I don't see how Kirby Air Ride would teach him the Weapon Triangle...

Author:   Murray3
Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 12:20am (PST)
quote therealNgamer
quote Murray3
You sir, need to play more Fire Emblem. Or maybe Kirby's Air Ride... Actually, I'd recommend the latter.
So? Kirby's Air Ride is awesome, so awesome, that it would grant him infinite wisdom, which is one wisdom more than you need to understand the Weapon Triangle.

Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 12:28am (PST)
quote therealNgamer
First post!

Don't worry, I know how you feel(probably moreso).

Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 12:41am (PST)
quote therealNgamer
quote Akira_EX
After all the retrospect, FFVII is very overrated. FFIX is definitely the better game in the PS1 mainline FFs.

I've seen the light after I played the masterpiece (no sarcasm) that is FFXII. <3 that game.
I personally think that FFXII is overrated.
wat If anything it's vastly underrated because it gets hated on so much.

Also, Little King's Story thread preview, just finished this a few minutes ago:

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 12:41am (PST)
Personally, I hate the title.

quote Murray3
So? Kirby's Air Ride is awesome, so awesome, that it would grant him infinite wisdom, which is one wisdom more than you need to understand the Weapon Triangle.
^this. Kirby Air Ride is win.

But what is Space Lance from?

Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 12:45am (PST)
Tekkaman. Wiki it.

Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 12:45am (PST)
I love the header, I also didin't expect the "@" sign.

Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 1:00am (PST)
quote Murray3
quote therealNgamer
quote Murray3
Only if he played City Trial.

quote DXD
quote therealNgamer
First post!

Don't worry, I know how you feel(probably moreso).
We should just knock out Akira and post spam from 25 pages and make a new GD to be first.

quote Akira_EX
quote therealNgamer
quote Akira_EX

I personally think that FFXII is overrated.
wat If anything it's vastly underrated because it gets hated on so much.
Depends on who you talk to. Most critics gave it 9.5s and stuff, but lots of hardcore FF fans totally trash it. I think it's not quite as good as what most critics say, but not as bad as some fans make it out to be.

Guys? Problem: Little King's Story comes out tomorrow, I didn't preorder, and it's an XSEED game. How will I get it at launch?

Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 1:08am (PST)
Amazon/Gamestop

I have my preorder that's in the process of getting shipped from Amazon, but I don't know when it'll get here.

If you order from Amazon I can try to get a 10% off code for you, which are obtainable if you sign up for the Electronic Consumers Association (US only). With a .edu or .mil email address, it costs $15 a year. If you don't want to pony up just to order LKS, I can try to help you out, but I don't feel comfortable doing it.

I order a bunch of games from Amazon now (boo incoming sales tax increase), so I've pretty much paid it off already

quote therealNgamer
We should just knock out Akira and post spam from 25 pages and make a new GD to be first.
Man don't do that, I actually have a good idea for the next GD title that I decided not to use for this one.

Author:   Murray3
Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 1:24am (PST)
I made the most recent Majora's Mask GD title (we went through our last GD in about three weeks).

Off-topic Majora's Mask GD 6: My Arwing laid some weird eggs... Baby!

Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 2:24am (PST)
To prevent myself from going crazy while I make this thread:

EDIT -

NOW LIVE

Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 6:41am (PST)
quote Akira_EX
If you order from Amazon I can try to get a 10% off code for you, which are obtainable if you sign up for the Electronic Consumers Association (US only). With a .edu or .mil email address, it costs $15 a year. If you don't want to pony up just to order LKS, I can try to help you out, but I don't feel comfortable doing it.
The ECA...a video game advocacy interest group? LOL, that's kinda of ridiculous. In my political science class last year, we never learned all about foreign policy, economic policy, energy policy, etc... but not once did we cover video game policy.

In all honesty, though, those benefits are pretty good. So that's how you were able to offer me and bbb in that other thread the 10% off on Amazon. And I thought you were just getting "inside information" Martha Stewart-style. But does that 10% off work on all game purchases? Like even...a brand-spanking new copy of Valkyrie Profile for $200?

And you don't have to get me a code; wouldn't want you to abuse the membership. I'll probably have to wait until at least Friday anyways cause that's my pay day. But it probably will have to be through Amazon. I couldn't find the last couple XSEED or Atlus games I wanted at even Gamestop, so I cracked and went on Amazon. The cool thing, though, is Amazon gave me all the preorder bonuses for Knights in the Nightmare even though I didn't preorder it!

quote Akira_EX
Man don't do that, I actually have a good idea for the next GD title that I decided not to use for this one.
Alright, but I'm counting on you for an effin' AMAZING GD title next time! Don't fail me.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.