Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Backlog Commitment Thread - A Summer Special - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1388667-backlog-commitment-thread-summer-special/5.htm

Author:   Ready Start L_Arc
Date:   Jul 15, 09 at 4:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Backlog Commitment Thread - A Summer Special
-------------------------------------------
quote Akira_EX
Tales of Monkey Island Episode 1 Cleared!

Next game:

No deadline because I'm gonna savor this one =D
sweet, I liked Trace Memories so I'm getting this for sure

Author:   Zeta
Date:   Jul 15, 09 at 10:02pm (PST)
Okay guys, I beat Kingdom Hearts 2, and now I get what all the hype is about with the sries. I am going to try and get the first one soon, the game was very enjoyable.

The next game I am working on is Megaman Battle Network 4: Blue Moon. I will probably finish by July 20th.

As for game updates...

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Jul 16, 09 at 12:07am (PST)
KH2 was more fun to play, but KH1 was harder, had a better story, and more explorable areas.

Author:   therealNgamer
Date:   Jul 16, 09 at 12:18am (PST)
Alright, I just finished Disgaea DS and the final boss is a beast! I had to do some serious grinding to beat him with lv. 101 Laharl. I'm not gonna worry about all the extra stuff like the Cave of Ordeals now, cause you need like level 1000 characters to beat that, and that's waaaay too much grinding for me.

Anyways, I need a break from RPGs for a bit, so my next game will be Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis version, of course). I'll beat that by July 18.

Quick question for Zeta, was your goal to beat EBA on any difficulty, or a specific difficulty?

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jul 16, 09 at 12:19am (PST)
It took you a lv. 101 Laharl to beat him? I was only like level 70 or so when I beat him on the PS2 oO

A "beaten" in Ouendan/EBA is clear all difficulties, or at least that's the way I see it. It sounds like he's going with that definition, but I'm not too sure.

OMG Another Code: R is awesome

Author:   therealNgamer
Date:   Jul 16, 09 at 12:28am (PST)
I tried fighting him with all my level 70s characters, but I just couldn't last without my only healer . And I didn't read about the strategy where you pick him up and end your turn to prevent him from attacking until after I got Laharl to lv. 101. That strategy made it really easy. But it only took like 15 minutes to get Laharl from lv. 75 to 101 using my 241 Statistician and Valgipus IV, so it's not like it was a total waste of time.

Date:   Jul 16, 09 at 1:22am (PST)
Unrelated, But I'm getting the Monkey Island remake (never played the original). Should I get the 360 or PC one?

Date:   Jul 16, 09 at 1:49am (PST)
I'm double dipping, but getting the PC one first.

Reminds me to go get it =X

Author:   DXD
Date:   Jul 16, 09 at 5:49am (PST)
quote Zeta
Okay guys, I beat Kingdom Hearts 2, and now I get what all the hype is about with the sries. I am going to try and get the first one soon, the game was very enjoyable.
Going straight to the sequel of any game is usually pretty confusing and/or frustrating, wouldn't you think?

Date:   Jul 16, 09 at 1:52pm (PST)
Im leaning towards the 360 for more comftorable (albiet clunkier) controller, achievemnts, HD, comftorable counch, and I prefer console to PC games.

Author:   Brolynick
Date:   Jul 16, 09 at 5:23pm (PST)
*bleep*. Didn't meet the deadline. Ah well, I'm almost done with Pogeymanz Firered.

You can add these games:

Swords & Soldiers, all skirmishes + achievements(July 20th)
Skate It - 100%(July 25th)
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 100%(July 28th)

Author:   Zeta
Date:   Jul 16, 09 at 11:39pm (PST)
quote DXD
quote Zeta
Going straight to the sequel of any game is usually pretty confusing and/or frustrating, wouldn't you think?
Not really, I read up a lot about the Kingdom Hearts series before I played the second one, and it isn't that confusing to be honest. They recap a lot of the events of Kingdom Hearts I anyway. :\

Game Updates:

Author:   Razentsu
Date:   Jul 16, 09 at 11:50pm (PST)
Well, I'mma post stuff regarding where I am too.

Date:   Jul 17, 09 at 3:08am (PST)
Everyone's encouraged to give status updates and stuff like that. Thread gets kind of boring if people only post when they beat a game

Author:   DXD
Date:   Jul 17, 09 at 3:59am (PST)
quote Akira_EX
Everyone's encouraged to give status updates and stuff like that. Thread gets kind of boring if people only post when they beat a game
I'm not starting anything until my summer school course has ended on the 24th of July. *sigh*

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.