Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Backlog Commitment Thread - A Summer Special - page 16

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1388667-backlog-commitment-thread-summer-special/16.htm

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Aug 25, 09 at 1:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Backlog Commitment Thread - A Summer Special
-------------------------------------------
quote therealNgamer
I can't believe you managed to insult both Metroid Prime and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in the same day.
Hmmmmmm? Oh no, I liked SOTN. I just can't say it is the best game ever like some people say.

Author:   captain boo
Date:   Aug 26, 09 at 8:41pm (PST)

quote therealNgamer
Aw c'mon, you can stay in. Don't get all worried just cause Brolynick09's kicking the crap out of you; he's doing that to everybody!
I'll stay in, but I can only see completing Earthbound at the moment, this game is just way too good. Rune Factory is a lost cause because I'm really not in the mood for it right now.

I think I'm almost finished Earthbound, and the game only keeps getting better now. I mean, I have such a wide array of PSI abilities, and Jeff is inventing stuff that seems invaluable, like the Heavy Bazooka and the Shield Killer.

Oh, and I think Earthbound is the only game that I managed to completely kill a boss in a single turn, which I did last night. PSI Shield Omega deflected ALL of the Starman Deluxe's Starstorm Alpha back at him. I lol'd very hard.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Aug 26, 09 at 8:52pm (PST)
Man, I was getting ready to try and play some of the games on my backlog, but picked up Final Fantasy Tactics A2 instead. I've put another 15 hours into the game since Saturday, for goodness sake! I also have to say, I think this game has done the most to annoy me, yet I still enjoy it. It's as if the developers took everything that could possibly annoy you in a strategy game, and threw it on top of one of my favorite battle systems ever. Darn you Square Enix, just darn you.

Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 12:00am (PST)
Splosion Man beat. Dear God one of the best games I've ever played, period. It was fantastic, everything about it. The ending was also hilarious.

Add Shadow Complex. I might be able to beat it, nothing else though. Summer's done

Author:   therealNgamer
Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 1:52am (PST)
I just beat Knights in the Nightmare and am finally back on track! But believe the hype; it's one of the most uniquely awesome games you'll ever play.

Once I figured out how to do all the complex stuff like optimizing Transouls (I seriously sat down and played this game along with my trusty TI-89) and clever things like using a Duelist to move into position one round and then switching to a Warrior to use his skill to obtain some ridiculously rare item, I realized the sheer genius of this game. It all clicks now. I can't wait to do my second play through of this.

Now it's time to finish Star Ocean (I'm right about to start disc 2) and then I'm thinking I'll start Phoenix Wright when that's done

Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 1:33pm (PST)
quote therealNgamer
I just beat Knights in the Nightmare and am finally back on track! But believe the hype; it's one of the most uniquely awesome games you'll ever play.
But isn't it really, really hard? I don't like hard games usually, I find them frustrating, usually because the definition of hard to a lot of people is little to no checkpoints. I can play hard games like Splosion Man and love it because frequent checkpoints keep frustration down. The only exception are Retro games like Mega Man, which I can stand for some reason.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 3:41pm (PST)
It seemed more complicated than hard, from what I played. I imagine once you understood all the intricacies of the game, the difficulty would be reasonable for that type of game.

Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 6:52pm (PST)
quote Dragon ZERO
But isn't it really, really hard? I don't like hard games usually, I find them frustrating, usually because the definition of hard to a lot of people is little to no checkpoints.
There are multiple difficulty levels, so it depends on what you choose. For my first play through, I chose easy so I could focus on learning the mechanics of the game and all its intricacies. But after about 10 scenes (levels), I felt that I could probably bump the difficulty up because easy is ridiculously easy once you grasp everything.

On the lowest difficultly, the hardest thing for me was not killing enemies or anything like that, but figuring out how to make the most of the Transoul system. But if you can't figure out how to efficiently use that, I imagine that you would get destroyed on harder difficulties.

Date:   Aug 28, 09 at 4:49am (PST)
Okay, double post time (gasp!):

Today I decided to go ahead and start Phoenix Wright even though I haven't finished Star Ocean. And damn is this game awesome! I played it for like 5 hours straight today. The characters, the style...it just all flows so well together. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I find an inconsistency in a testimony. I just think it's funny, though, that none of the witnesses ever get busted for perjury cause they pretty much all lie multiple times in court... But I'll try to complete this by September 4th.

Author:   Brolynick
Date:   Aug 28, 09 at 10:36am (PST)
So I decided, *bleep* Megaman for now, I went back to playing MadWorld. I just have to say this: Those undead *bleep*ers with scepters, they're annoying as shit. They touch you, you die. *bleep* OFF TWATS

Date:   Aug 28, 09 at 1:00pm (PST)
quote therealNgamer
oday I decided to go ahead and start Phoenix Wright even though I haven't finished Star Ocean. And damn is this game awesome! I played it for like 5 hours straight today. The characters, the style...it just all flows so well together. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I find an inconsistency in a testimony. I just think it's funny, though, that none of the witnesses ever get busted for perjury cause they pretty much all lie multiple times in court... But I'll try to complete this by September 4th.
Told you it would be awesome

This is the first game I presume? I finished it in a few days, it's very short. But like Portal, the length is an advantage because it doesn't grow stale.

Date:   Aug 29, 09 at 6:18am (PST)
Yep, I'm doing the first game since I've never played the series before. I found it at Game Crazy a few weeks ago for only $7. I'm gonna try to finish the first four Ace Attorney games before Miles Edgeworth comes out in February.

But yeah, it does seem a little on the short side since I'm already halfway through the third case. But I gave myself a decent time to finish it since I'm going to have to work quite a bit this week.

Author:   Audioslave
Date:   Aug 29, 09 at 9:06am (PST)
quote Brolynick09
So I decided, *bleep* Megaman for now, I went back to playing MadWorld. I just have to say this: Those undead *bleep*ers with scepters, they're annoying as shit. They touch you, you die. *bleep* OFF TWATS
Lol theres not even a scenario for them they just come out of nowhere and hit and run until you're dead.

The game as a whole is pretty short though so you should be able to complete it soon. Once you get to the second bike level you know you're close to finishing it

Date:   Sep 08, 09 at 4:46am (PST)
I downloaded Contra Rebirth and will beat that by tomorrow.

Also, I finally got FFVII again after losing it a long time ago, so now I will finally finish that. I'm aiming for September 21.

Public Service Announcement: Summer ends September 21 as does this contest! It's the finishing stretch!

Author:   Brolynick
Date:   Sep 08, 09 at 5:41am (PST)
Oh man, I'm not going to be doing a lot of gaming as of now. It's 07:41 AM and it's the first official day of school again and already have a shitload of work to do.

*bleep*ing tired as hell

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.