Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Official Club Nintendo Thread - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1383502-official-club-nintendo-thread/

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 9:39pm (PST)
Subject:   Official Club Nintendo Thread
-------------------------------------------
In case anyone doesn't know there is a special reward for those in Club Nintendo that are Gold or Platinum status. Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? Also, does anyone know how to link your Wii Shop Channel to your Club Nintendo account? I'm trying to get to Platinum and am stuck at 370 coins(300 for Gold, 600 needed for Platinum). Looks like I'll be heading down to my brother's house to get a codes for a couple games he's borrowing from me.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 10:03pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
You can link your account inside the Wii Shop Channel, it should be in one of the options.

They haven't shown what the Gold/Platinum prizes will be.

Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 10:09pm (PST)
Yeah I know they haven't shown what the prizes will be what I was just asking if anyone had some thoughts of what to expect, that's all.

Author:   therealNgamer
Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 9:17am (PST)
Five bucks says the prize is gonna be Wiimote wrist jackets for all.

Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 2:51pm (PST)
Hijacking thread to make it the official Club Nintendo thread. Any and all Club Nintendo discussion should go here.

I'll snazzy up the OP in due time.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 2:58pm (PST)
I'm hoping for one of those snazy SNES classic controllers, or even better, a N64 classic controller would be awesome as the platinum level prize.

I'm also hoping the gifts you can get will update with the new Club Nintendo year, or at least give you the ability to redeem coins as Wii points.

Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 6:56pm (PST)
quote Akira_EX
Hijacking thread to make it the official Club Nintendo thread. Any and all Club Nintendo discussion should go here.

I'll snazzy up the OP in due time.
Good idea. I was surprised that no one has talked about the club at all yet.

quote bbb7002004
I'm hoping for one of those snazy SNES classic controllers, or even better, a N64 classic controller would be awesome as the platinum level prize.

I'm also hoping the gifts you can get will update with the new Club Nintendo year, or at least give you the ability to redeem coins as Wii points.
It would be sweet if we got rewarded with the "snazzy SNES classic controllers" but I doubt Nintendo would give those away, even though we technically get all the coins through purchasing their products loyally. They are great to us so who knows for sure. Once I buy Punch-Out!! and get my PIN for Galaxy from my brother as well as the Wii Fit PIN(he's borrowing them) I will only need 50 for Platinum. Anybody got an easy way to get that? I've already got the big hits other than Punch-Out!!. How many coins do you get for VC games? And which VC games get you coins? Mario games please?

Author:   Ground
Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 7:04pm (PST)
10 for VC but they can't be older than like 12/1/08.

And DS is 30.

Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 7:07pm (PST)
Ok. Well maybe I'll buy 5 VC games to get it, but I'll need to go find a list of games that were released on it after that date you posted.

Author:   therealNgamer
Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 7:11pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Yes, that would be the best thing they could add. Hopefully the conversion rate from coins to Wii points would be 1:10. Now, I can't quite remember for certain, but doesn't Europe have the ability to do that already with Stars they earn?

Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 8:06pm (PST)
quote JonnyPotSmoker
Good idea. I was surprised that no one has talked about the club at all yet.
Going by the search, there's a year-old thread from when it went live.

quote JonnyPotSmoker
I will only need 50 for Platinum. Anybody got an easy way to get that? I've already got the big hits other than Punch-Out!!. How many coins do you get for VC games? And which VC games get you coins? Mario games please?
Best way for now is to get DS games, or maybe some of the New Play Control! games? Pikmin and DK Jungle Beat are the better two of the three.

You get around 10 coins for VC games IIRC, but you don't get the coins straight up; they come from the post-play survey, so if you buy any games now, the survey will show up after the end of the month. You're stuck buying retail if you want to boost your coin count for Platinum.

Author:   Zeta
Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 8:51pm (PST)

Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 9:18pm (PST)
It won't be Wii Remote jackets, unless they're special colored-ones. Every since they introduced the jackets, every new Wii Remote has come with one.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 10:17pm (PST)
Nintendo also offered every Wii owner up to four jackets for free after they first introduced them.

Author:   Tainted
Date:   Jun 26, 09 at 2:00am (PST)
The gift will probably be a Kirby stylus or something. They have extras from way back when.

I am actually more interested in the new prizes after the switch, tbh. They will be worth more than the Platinum freebie in my opinion.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.