Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Could the Wii handle Left 4 Dead? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1353688-could-wii-handle-left-4-dead/

Author:   Rawk
Date:   Apr 23, 09 at 7:41pm (PST)
Subject:   Could the Wii handle Left 4 Dead?
-------------------------------------------

From a graphical and technical point of view, do you think it could be done? Plus, what are Valve relations like with Nintendo? I've heard they are not too keen on Sony.

Author:   Fast Eddie
Date:   Apr 23, 09 at 7:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Could the Wii handle Left 4 Dead?
I doubt it could handle L4D. Maybe of the graphics weren't as good and less infected people.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Apr 23, 09 at 7:59pm (PST)
Can the game Left 4 Dead be done on the Wii? No.

Could a game like Left 4 Dead be developed for Wii by Valve? Sure.

Left 4 Dead was designed with the PC, and by extension 360 and PS3, in mind. Trying to replicate that exact game experience on Wii would probably not fair well, and certainly wouldn't be received well, like Dead Rising. However, I'm sure the folks at Valve are talented enough to put together a great Wii game, and could probably create something akin to Left 4 Dead on Wii.

Would they? probably not. Valve strikes me as a PC developer, pure and simple. They've been putting games on console in order to get sales from the more robust console market, as well as the fact that the 360 is basically a PC without a keyboard. PS3 ports are also along this money making line, and unfortunately no games have shown that the Wii audience will buy this type of game.

Though a little off topic, I think it would be a great idea for Nintendo to hire Valve to produce a Team Fortress-esque FPS base on the Galactic Federation and Space pirates of the Metroid Universe.

Author:   Zaraze
Date:   Apr 24, 09 at 9:18am (PST)
bbb Pretty much summed it up. You'd also have to factor the Wii's online, it'd never accomdate for anywhere near as many players without serious lag. To develop a L4D based game on the Wii from the ground-up would certainly be possible, but a port, even cut down would be a serious stretch and not very well recieved.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.