Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Don't give up, Wii GD XI! Fight!! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1349125-don-give-up-wii-gd-xi-fight/

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 2:32am (PST)
Subject:   Don't give up, Wii GD XI! Fight!!
-------------------------------------------
Join the Nintendo fun club today! Wii GD XI.

Previous Threads:

{GD I} Viva la revolution!!! Er... I mean Wii.

{GD II} Why the $@#!! won't they tell us the price/rel. date?

{GD III} Wii will, Wii will, Rock you!

{GD IV} Wii = Sonic Flash

{GD V} Wii Came, Wii Saw, Wii Kicked Ass

{GD VI} Wrist Wriggling Fun

{GD VII} Nunchuck All over Again

{GD VIII} It's Unbewiivable! (Get Ready...1...2...ThreWii!)

{GD IX} YOU GOT Wii GD 9!!!

{GD X} Wii GD X - There is a Dragon in my Quest

Author:   Pwnige
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 2:45am (PST)
Subject:   re: Don't give up, Wii GD XI! Fight!!
First post!

Back on topic, the only Wario game I ever played was Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, or whatever it's called. It was fun, but I'm not really that big of a fan of the series.

Kirby's Air Ride was an epic game, as was DK 64.

Author:   KYOOBIKLEEZ
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 3:16am (PST)
So, when am I going to get my Metroid Prime: Hunters Wii? I've been waiting patiently.

Author:   Murray3
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 4:23am (PST)
Don't worry, if Nintendo doesn't make it (or something similar) by the time I work there, I'll make it. I've already designed it, basic programming, story, gameplay, everything. It's unique, it uses classic Metroid exploration and time limits, yet focuses primarily on FPS over FPA.

I would explain more, but any one of you could take it and use it for yourselves... And I will get into Nintendo, my grades show my only weakness is hardware.

Author:   Luigi614
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 7:11am (PST)
I thought the Metriod Prime series was ended after Corruption?

Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 8:56am (PST)
Doesn't mean another 3D Metroid can't be made altogether. Plus, Hunters was a spin-off, just like Pinball.

Plus, corruption's 100% hinted at a new game. I hope that really was the Delano 7. I liked Sylux.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 10:59am (PST)
quote Murray3
Don't worry, if Nintendo doesn't make it (or something similar) by the time I work there, I'll make it. I've already designed it, basic programming, story, gameplay, everything. It's unique, it uses classic Metroid exploration and time limits, yet focuses primarily on FPS over FPA.

I would explain more, but any one of you could take it and use it for yourselves... And I will get into Nintendo, my grades show my only weakness is hardware.
Wow, an Australian bent on making a decent game. I never knew they existed.

Author:   Gangey
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 12:28pm (PST)
quote Big A2
quote Murray3

Wow, an Australian bent on making a decent game. I never knew they existed.
De blob was a decent game, wait.. is that what your trying to say? Aussies suck at making games? cos your 99% correct there

Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 12:49pm (PST)
I have so many game ideas down at a practical level.

True, both of my earliest ideas for games were actually used and sucked (Sonic Heroes, elements of another game I imagined were used in Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06). But one of my ideas that was used is now one of the most popular of its genre... JK Rowling stole Harry Potter from me!

I think like a Nintendo developer too...

I had a long conversation with a friend about Zero Suit Samus being in her own game (please don't point out the flaw in this sentence).

He didn't really beleive a word I said, but the general gist was: 'You don't make a game just to use a character, first you make the game. You develop characters around the gameplay, not the other way around!' I then pointed out the very small number of decent games where people had used his line of thinking: Super Princess Peach.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 1:21pm (PST)
I'm not sure you can blame the failure of the recent Sonic games on anything but Sonic Team itself. Most of the ideas aren't inherently bad, just poorly executed and deviant from the classic Sonic formula.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 1:25pm (PST)
quote Gangey
De blob was a decent game, wait..
That's because de Blob was a Dutch concept, it was just developed in Australia.

Author:   DusktoDawn
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 7:13pm (PST)
quote Murray3
....my grades show my only weakness is hardware.
I love how my High school specializes in hardware...and I am taking the course.

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 7:22pm (PST)

quote Murray3
had a long conversation with a friend about Zero Suit Samus being in her own game (please don't point out the flaw in this sentence).
At least you have friends to talk to about that kind of stuff

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 7:29pm (PST)
quote Murray3
He didn't really beleive a word I said, but the general gist was: 'You don't make a game just to use a character, first you make the game. You develop characters around the gameplay, not the other way around!' I then pointed out the very small number of decent games where people had used his line of thinking: Super Princess Peach.
Worthy counterpoint, but for the most part, your friend is right.

Author:   KYOOBIKLEEZ
Date:   Apr 15, 09 at 8:20pm (PST)
quote Murray3
Doesn't mean another 3D Metroid can't be made altogether. Plus, Hunters was a spin-off, just like Pinball.

Plus, corruption's 100% hinted at a new game. I hope that really was the Delano 7. I liked Sylux.
Yes I'm pretty sure that was the Delano 7, I played MPH on DS and saw it meself. Wait... awesome idea moment... Sylux in his own game! And online multiplayer with the rest of the hunters! Yes!!!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.