Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Kid Icarus Wii Predications - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1229540-kid-icarus-wii-predications/2.htm

Author:   Simon the Nekonin
Date:   Sep 07, 08 at 10:18am (PST)
Subject:   re: Kid Icarus Wii Predications
-------------------------------------------
Because I like that style of game.

I'm not saying make it a Zelda game, I was trying to explain how I thought it might look.

Are they even going to make one, or is this just us hoping they will since he was in Brawl?

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Sep 07, 08 at 11:17am (PST)
quote Simon the Nekonin
Are they even going to make one, or is this just us hoping they will since he was in Brawl?
It's on the first freakin' line of the first freakin' post. The post that you're meant to read before posting.

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Sep 07, 08 at 3:14pm (PST)

quote Simon the Nekonin
First line, AND thread title answers that.

If they had to make Kid Icarus 3-D, I would want it to be like a 3rd person shooter.

You move Pit with the nunchuk, and the wiimote moves on screen kind of like the star bit counter in SMGalaxy. You press B and Pit shoots an arrow. You can press Z to change from bow to sword, which is stronger, but you leave yourself more vulnerable. This way it uses sword Pit without making his main weapon, the bow useless.

There should be a variety of stages, like flying stages where you move with the nunchuk, but up and down is reversed and can only shoot arrows. Dungeon stages similar to Zelda, minus the puzzles and keys. Vertical stages were your goal is to reach the top. And horizontal stages where the goal is to get from end to end.

So it would be a linear 3-D action platformer.

Author:   therealNgamer
Date:   Sep 07, 08 at 7:16pm (PST)
quote dwg14390
And if anything they can always make the flight parts like this.
That's exactly how I was imagining it! It would be a lot like how Dead Phoenix was supposed to be.

quote Simon the Nekonin
There are some very big rumors going around that Nintendo is indeed working on a new Kid Icarus for Wii. By this point, it won't even be a surprise when Nintendo reveals it.

Date:   Sep 07, 08 at 9:32pm (PST)
quote Dragon ZERO
If they had to make Kid Icarus 3-D, I would want it to be like a 3rd person shooter.
I don't want a first person shooter, we have Metroid Prime for that. Heck, why even have a new Kid Icarus? So many of Nintendo's franchises will be similar to it if you make it 3D.

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Sep 07, 08 at 9:54pm (PST)
If they're making a new game from a classic series, make it Punch Out!, not this.

Date:   Sep 07, 08 at 11:12pm (PST)

quote Big A2
I don't want a first person shooter, we have Metroid Prime for that.
Ummmmm. I said 3rd person shooter:

quote Dragon ZERO
See

quote Demonfurby
If they're making a new game from a classic series, make it Punch Out!, not this.
Then make "Punch Out!!!" predictions thread

But they should make both. Puch Out with WiiMotion Plus..... man that would be awsome with 2 motion plus Wiimotes

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Sep 07, 08 at 11:27pm (PST)
Yeah, no announcement or speculation at all, and I can make a thread of that game?

Date:   Sep 07, 08 at 11:53pm (PST)

quote Demonfurby
Yeah, no announcement or speculation at all, and I can make a thread of that game?
I guess, there no official proof this is real.

On topic, I hope we get this before that new Mario Miyamoto promised us. If they release the new Mario because it would sell better before this (again, assuming this ever comes out), I would almost as mad if Reggie telling me to live with our current wii storage.

Date:   Sep 08, 08 at 6:09am (PST)
quote Dragon ZERO
quote Big A2
I don't want a first person shooter, we have Metroid Prime for that.
Ummmmm. I said 3rd person shooter:

quote Dragon ZERO
See
Oh, sorry.

Author:   Simon the Nekonin
Date:   Sep 08, 08 at 11:40am (PST)
So I guess you guys don't take someone not reading the first post very well, huh? Judging by your reactions, anyway.

I don't think a 3D person shooter would work.

Date:   Sep 08, 08 at 8:31pm (PST)

quote Simon the Nekonin
I don't think a 3D person shooter would work.
Why not

I cant image anything else for Pit in 3-D.

I'm still wishing for a WL: SI/D style game.

With Mega Man 9 difficulty (i've heard that games tough).

Author:   Impulse
Date:   Sep 08, 08 at 9:44pm (PST)
I'm not too bothered about this at the moment. Rather see an F-Zero or StarFox game before Kid Icarus Wii.

Date:   Sep 08, 08 at 10:48pm (PST)
Guys, please.

This is athread for your HOPES for this, not wheter you actually want it or not.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Sep 09, 08 at 2:02pm (PST)
Threads evolve, Dragon, and "stuff I want" threads tend to get old and boring quick.

Anyway, I don't want any huge F-Zero or Starfox fans to feel offended, but those games would have nothing to do with Kid Icarus Wii. If IGN is to be believed, Factor 5 is making this game, not an internal Nintendo team. So, this game isn't taking development resources from any other Nintendo software, unless you have some want of a Factor 5 Starfox. Also, both series aren't really suited to a Wii interpretation, in my opinion.

After the last iterations on Gamecube, GX and Assault, there isn't a ton new the Wii can do. F-Zero can't look much, if any better on Wii. Its gameplay does not lend itself well to Wii either. Even with WMP, I doubt motion controls can provide the very fast and delicate controls required for the game. This means that we either get classic control support, making it a complete rehash of X or GX, or we get motion control that every one of you will whine about for the next million years, just like Mario Kart. The only other thing Wii could offer to F-Zero is online play, and the chances of a graphically intense, fast paced 30 player oriented racing game running smooth on any online system, especially NWC, is practically nil. While they could scale back both racers and graphics, this would cause even more of an uproar in the gaming community, since everyone has their minds set for that game.

Starfox fares a little better, since I think a Wii control scheme could fit the game really well. However, Starfox has failed to impress with its last few games, and the story has become somewhat tired and overdrawn. Once again, this game would live and die by internet play, which isn't Nintendo's forte nor focus. Looking in the Starfox thread, some people want epic single player campaigns, some want only online Warhawk style, and still others want another Adventures. Just like F-Zero, I think a Wii Starfox would be destined for a letdown.

On the other hand, Kid Icarus has a completely clean slate. It is probably in the greatest position a franchise could be at this point for a rebirth.

Since the last console game was for NES, Factor 5 would have pretty much full freedom in the game they designed, meaning KI could have any number of new and interesting gameplay designs that are really designed for Wii, unlike other Nintendo franchises that were designed with the classic console design in mind. However, KI has an advantage in old school nostalgia and cult classic status, giving it an edge over a new, unknown IP. Old school "hardcore" gamers are crying out for a game, and KI is classic enough for them to get excited. Even beyond the murky depths of the internet fanboy, Pit is now well recognized thanks to Smash Bros. Brawl, where his reimaging has reached millions of gamers, new and old, across the world. He is a well recognized mascot, giving him a distinct marketing advantage over new IPs.

Sorry, but I much prefer the idea of a new game with an old face over another tired N64 copy. If I wanted to play prettier N64 games, I would own a 360, not a Wii.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.