Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Resident Evil 2 Remake Coming To Wii?! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1224540-resident-evil-2-remake-coming-to-wii/

Author:   Miss Razz
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 9:32am (PST)
Subject:   Resident Evil 2 Remake Coming To Wii?!
-------------------------------------------
Could a remake of Resident Evil 2 be coming too Wii? That's what the latest Famitsu issue has apparently revealed.

The remake is said to feature additional story elements, new "swordsman" enemies, and a "Resident Evil 4 viewpoint" which suggests some parts of the game will have an over-the-shoulder camera angle.

more info
Here's hoping this is true! I loves me some more horror games! <3

Can't say I'm too thrilled about parts having the RE4 camera angle. But the rest sounds absolutely fantastic.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 10:02am (PST)
Subject:   re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Coming To Wii?!
I'm a bit disapointed it's going to be Resident Evil 4 style, but holy, this is magical (L)

They best do this to the rest of the series too, or at least 3 seeing as that hasn't had a remake at all.

Edit: Wait, didn't they do something like this with Resident Evil 0 but not release it outside of Japan? D:

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by Celes Leonhart on Aug 29 2008.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 12:27pm (PST)
Yeah, they ported RE0 to the Wii, but it was more of a straight unimagined port, unlike the RE4 port.

Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 1:20pm (PST)
Ah okay, would have been pointless me buying in then seeing as I've already got it on Gamecube. I really do hope this gets released outside of Japan though.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 1:28pm (PST)
Yeah. Although the astounding thing is that it's (RE0) managed to sell around 50k copies in Japan, which is alot higher than many people would've thought.

Author:   Miss Razz
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 1:30pm (PST)
I'll cry a little if RE2 isn't released outside of Japan. Just a little.

I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see a RE3 remake down the track too. (that was my favorite in the series).

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 1:36pm (PST)
RE2 was my least favorite of the series, so it doesn't excite me.

Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 2:25pm (PST)
I must be the black sheep in Resident Evil 2 being my favourite haha. Maybe it's just 'cause I thought Leon was awesome in it.

Author:   DusktoDawn
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 2:40pm (PST)
RE2?

Ah the memories.

Author:   Enigmatic Man
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 3:35pm (PST)
This could be one of the best things to happen to the Wii, a REmake2 (sorry that's bad) would truly cement Resi for Nintendo for another gen.

Any of the additional stuff would be an added bonus.

--

Me thinks it could be like the RE4 prototype. I only hope this goes beyond a rumour.

Author:   dwg14390
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 6:00pm (PST)
OMFG I hope this is true!!!

I am after all a HUGE claire fan, and the city theme was the best (though RE3 was better only because of nemisis....oh and jills costume, you've got to love that costume)

I'm actually excited for the RE4 camera, if anything they can make the game scarier.

You finally see whats in front of you but you can't see whats behind you now.....unless the zombies scream "detras de tí imbecíl!!"

Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 6:06pm (PST)
quote dwg14390
I'm actually excited for the RE4 camera, if anything they can make the game scarier.
No way. RE2 was the scariest RE because of Nightmare mode. This version, I doubt, will have it. Add in the RE4 camera, which made that game weak as hell, and you've got a un-terrifying shooter.

Author:   dwg14390
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 6:12pm (PST)
quote Demonfurby
quote dwg14390
No way. RE2 was the scariest RE because of Nightmare mode. This version, I doubt, will have it. Add in the RE4 camera, which made that game weak as hell, and you've got a un-terrifying shooter.
You can make any game a horror game despite the camera. Sure it helps, but that doesn't mean that just because it's like RE4 it won't ever be scary.

Now then add a few dozen more zombies in each room, TAKE AWAY THAT MOFO ABILITY OF DROPPING AMMO!!!, and add better and smarter enemies with new locations.

They can make it scary, in fact they can (probably) make it one of the scariest of RE's. I doubt it since the "fanbase" (if thats what you can call it) is roaring over RE4 and 5.

oh and forget nightmare mode, if they put in a nightmare mode be lucky if ninty even THINKS about putting this game up in JAPAN!!!

Look what happened to FF

Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 6:22pm (PST)
quote dwg14390
Now then add a few dozen more zombies in each room, TAKE AWAY THAT MOFO ABILITY OF DROPPING AMMO!!!, and add better and smarter enemies with new locations.
So adding 2 dozen enemies in each room will make it terrifying? Three tyrants, fours lickers, six hunters, tweleve zombies is what people would want from it? That will make the reveiwers hate the game, people will listen and in turn, hate it for that. It would be too frustrating, one of the best things about RE are knife runs. You would take that away completley. It would be an impossible game to beat. Zombies aren't smart, they aren't organized, they can't speak.

They can make it scary, in fact they can (probably) make it one of the scariest of RE's. I doubt it since the "fanbase" (if thats what you can call it) is roaring over RE4 and 5.
Hmm, is that what you thought when playing RE4? One of the 'scariest REs'? There is a reason why the originals were scary, the controls and camera. The controls made it feel like you had limited control over the characters, as did the camera, since you couldn't see where the zombies were coming from easily.

Author:   therealNgamer
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 6:22pm (PST)
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Apparently, this 2ch site is notorious for posting garbage rumors. When asked about this on the Capcom-Unity boards, Christian Svensson, Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development at Capcom, said "This isn't even worth a comment." Take from that what you will.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.