Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Starfox for wii? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1215036-starfox-for-wii/

Author:   Lazer Hawk
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 12:12am (PST)
Subject:   Starfox for wii?
-------------------------------------------
Will nintendo be creating a starfox game for wii?

Author:   Order66
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 12:15am (PST)
Subject:   re: Starfox for wii?
I'm not aware of it. Is there any information on it? if not i'm sure they'll make one eventually.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 12:44am (PST)
Nothing announced as of yet, but I would not be surprised to see a Star Fox on Wii at some point in the future.

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 12:57am (PST)
Nothing announced, but I can feel it sucking.

Imagine using the Wii Wheel for Star Fox. Makes me shiver just thinking about it. Sure it would be cool, but imprecise. It would be another story if it was optional like Mario Kart. GC support would make it better.

Unless it goes to SNES/N64 roots, I won't buy it.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 1:03am (PST)
The Ace Combat team is working on Sky Crawlers right now.

Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 1:04am (PST)
quote Dragon ZERO
Nothing announced, but I can feel it sucking.

Imagine using the Wii Wheel for Star Fox. Makes me shiver just thinking about it. Sure it would be cool, but imprecise. It would be another story if it was optional like Mario Kart. GC support would make it better.

Unless it goes to SNES/N64 roots, I won't buy it.
Wii MotionPlus says "Hi". Or even nunchuck/pointer combo is more likely than NES style.

Author:   Soul79
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 1:14am (PST)
This is an old article but it gives me some hope.

quote quote
Nintendo game designers including Shigeru Miyamoto have hinted at a Star Fox Wii sequel during past interviews. To quote Miyamoto in a 2006 interview: "The Wii controller could be easily used to control the airwing in Star Fox." While that may seem obvious, as Spong who translated the Famitsu interview says, why would Miyamoto even bother mentioning it unless Nintendo was already planning Star Fox Wii over two years ago.

Following later that year was a Nintendo of Europe interview with Star Fox Command (DS) producer Takaya Imamura, in which these further confirming words were publishedÂ…
Question: "Star Fox would be perfectly suited to Wii's controls. Are we ever going to see a Wii version?"
Answer: "I wonder how the adventure of Fox and friends is going to go next time?! I have come up with some idea in my mind, but it is still just a small one. I will try my best so that I can deliver it to you some time!"

Keep in mind there are no Nintendo titles announced yet for the second half of 2008 and beyond. Add to this that recently Marc Franklin, director of public relations at Nintendo, told Gamepro that Nintendo "will be announcing several new titles that core gamers will be interested in around the time of E3." — Since a Star Fox sequel on Wii is a shoe-in, expect the action-shooter title to be unveiled by Nintendo at the E3 Summit 2008 on July 15-17th.

PS: With Shigeru Miyamoto commenting that the past F-Zero and Star Fox collaborations with outside development houses (in Star Fox: Assault's case Namco) turned out to be a disappointment for Nintendo, Star Fox Wii will likely be internally developed at Nintendo. To quote him: "consumers got very excited about the idea of those games, but the games themselves did not deliver".

Link

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 1:34am (PST)

quote bbb7002004
Wii MotionPlus says "Hi"
How would that help

It would be more precise, but any accidental movements might ruin your chance of victory.

Author:   Lazer Hawk
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 1:43am (PST)
ugh..wii wheeled arwing? that would suck...maybe itd be better with landmaster but im not sure. i agree gamecube controller would be nicer.

Author:   Elliot Gale
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 1:45am (PST)
They'd probably offer a myriad of control options.

Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Adventures were both great games to me. Never played Assault, though I can't imagine it's as bad as people say.

Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 1:53am (PST)
quote Dragon ZERO
quote bbb7002004
Wii MotionPlus says "Hi"
How would that help

It would be more precise, but any accidental movements might ruin your chance of victory.

You can't blame the controller for player error. If you press the A button at the wrong time or push the analog stick too far and lose a game on a standard controller.

Author:   blazeboy11
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 2:18am (PST)
quote WiseLugia
They'd probably offer a myriad of control options.

Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Adventures were both great games to me. Never played Assault, though I can't imagine it's as bad as people say.

Really? I couldn't stand Adventures. I found Star Fox 64 way more fun. Ground exploration/fighting was a good idea, but not really what I wanted when I purchased a Star Fox game. If I want to go around and stab things with sticks, I'll play Zelda.

Author:   Elliot Gale
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 2:24am (PST)
I guess it's my RPG blood.

Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 2:28am (PST)
Adventures was a competent Action-Adventure, it just wasn't StarFox. I thought Assault was decent as well, but the single player campaign was very short with none of the branching paths of 64.

Author:   therealNgamer
Date:   Aug 14, 08 at 2:55am (PST)
I liked Adventures as well, it played just like Zelda so it was fine by me. Assault had the best multiplayer of the entire series, though.

If Star Fox happened on Wii I would envision it returning the to formula of Star Fox 64 and using the IR and tilt of the Wiimote to control your vehicles, kind of like that Pilotwings demo from E3 2006. Maybe it would also use the Nunchuck so you could aim and fly independently.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.