Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: My Wii isn't working, can you guys help? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1192595-my-wii-isn-39-working-you-guys-help/

Author:   GodIsMyRock
Date:   Jul 12, 08 at 7:32pm (PST)
Subject:   My Wii isn't working, can you guys help?
-------------------------------------------
alright, for the past week my little brothers have been over at my house and I let them play with the Wii. 5 times they stupidly walked away with one of my gamecube controllers still in hand and pulled my Wii off my desk which is about 3.5' tall.

Today my Wii's power started randomly cutting off. After about 10 minutes of being on it will just turn off. The red light won't even be on. If I unplug the power cord though and plug it back in the power will come back on and the same loop will happen if I try to play again.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the problem is? Is it internal? Do I need a new power cord?

Plz help. Thx

Author:   JugJug
Date:   Jul 12, 08 at 8:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: My Wii isn't working, can you guys help?
By the sounds of it, it may be an internal problem. All the falling might have made the port that plugs in the cord become loose, thus why it comes out. You can try buying a power cord, and if it doesn't work, you can always get a refund.

Author:   Gangey
Date:   Jul 13, 08 at 2:32am (PST)
yeh, if that dosnt work.
get a refund for thecord, then take the wii back where you got it and tell them a slight lie... it just stopped working like that..
Hope that helps
good luck

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   Jul 13, 08 at 2:57am (PST)
quote JugJug
By the sounds of it, it may be an internal problem. All the falling might have made the port that plugs in the cord become loose, thus why it comes out. You can try buying a power cord, and if it doesn't work, you can always get a refund.
I agree, tahts probably it.

Author:   Menkoy
Date:   Jul 13, 08 at 5:48am (PST)
Call either Nintendo or wherever you got your Wii and tell them it just started doing that and hasn't suffered any abuse ^^

~Menk ~

Author:   DusktoDawn
Date:   Jul 13, 08 at 11:00pm (PST)
Does the wii get hot?? If it does..it overheated.

I fixed mine by rotating the fan

Note: Overheating can warp and ruin disks!!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.