Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: A cancled or new Kirby game? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1192176-cancled-new-kirby-game/

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   Jul 12, 08 at 8:19am (PST)
Subject:   A cancled or new Kirby game?
-------------------------------------------
I'm sure some of you know about this video but, is this going to be a Kirby game on th Wii or was it a canceled one on the GC?

The video

Author:   MusiKon
Date:   Jul 12, 08 at 1:19pm (PST)
Subject:   re: A cancled or new Kirby game?
Nintendo stated that development of the game has shifted over to the Wii. However, we've yet to see anything of the Wii version.

Author:   DusktoDawn
Date:   Jul 12, 08 at 3:14pm (PST)
E3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were working on it for the GC. Most kirby games get canceled. Air ride was supposed to come out on the N64 and it came out on the GC.

Why do they get canceled? Mystery.

Author:   Menkoy
Date:   Jul 12, 08 at 3:24pm (PST)
There actually was an Air Ride for N64, just it was japan-only

Author:   therealNgamer
Date:   Jul 12, 08 at 5:35pm (PST)
No, Kirby Air Ride was originally slated to be an N64 game, but got bumped up to GCN. The same thing happened to Dinosaur Planet, which later became Star Fox Adventures on the GCN. Likely the same thing is happening to this Kirby game; hopefully we'll see more at E3.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jul 12, 08 at 5:44pm (PST)
I'm not sure about Air Ride, but I do know that Animal Crossing came out on the N64 in Japan before it came to GC. So, it is possible.

Author:   Gogetenks
Date:   Jul 12, 08 at 9:38pm (PST)
The situation with AC was a bit different, though. It was released in Japan as Dōbutsu no Mori Plus (Animal Forest Plus) and had a number of extra features that weren't in the N64 version. That was then localized, since the Gamecube had just been released. Seeing as it took nearly a year for them to release it here, I can see why they never localized the N64 version version (which was released in early 2001 in Japan).

Anyway, an untitled Kirby game for the Wii keeps popping up in Nintendo's release lists, so clearly they are still working on it. They have never mentioned the game at all, but I think being on the release list several times is enough of a confirmation. We don't know anything about it, though, besides it being a Kirby game on the Wii. It is probably that same game in the trailer. They also moved Super Paper Mario and Bongo Blast to the Wii, so I'd be surprised if this project isn't that game. I'd imagine they changed the project quite a bit over the past few years, but we know it's coming.

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   Jul 12, 08 at 10:30pm (PST)
quote Gogetenks
The situation with AC was a bit different, though. It was released in Japan as Dōbutsu no Mori Plus (Animal Forest Plus) and had a number of extra features that weren't in the N64 version. That was then localized, since the Gamecube had just been released. Seeing as it took nearly a year for them to release it here, I can see why they never localized the N64 version version (which was released in early 2001 in Japan).

Anyway, an untitled Kirby game for the Wii keeps popping up in Nintendo's release lists, so clearly they are still working on it. They have never mentioned the game at all, but I think being on the release list several times is enough of a confirmation. We don't know anything about it, though, besides it being a Kirby game on the Wii. It is probably that same game in the trailer. They also moved Super Paper Mario and Bongo Blast to the Wii, so I'd be surprised if this project isn't that game. I'd imagine they changed the project quite a bit over the past few years, but we know it's coming.
Alright thats cool then. I hope they mention it at E3.

Author:   DusktoDawn
Date:   Jul 12, 08 at 11:32pm (PST)
Looking so Damn forward to E3

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.