Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Getting a Wii - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1191193-getting-wii/

Author:   blazeboy11
Date:   Jul 10, 08 at 9:07pm (PST)
Subject:   Getting a Wii
-------------------------------------------
I've saved up enough for a Wii. Whats an easy way to check if local stores have one in stock, short of going around to all of them or calling them individually.

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   Jul 10, 08 at 9:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Getting a Wii
quote blazeboy11
I've saved up enough for a Wii. Whats an easy way to check if local stores have one in stock, short of going around to all of them or calling them individually.
This really helped me

Date:   Jul 10, 08 at 9:14pm (PST)
The only plain Wii, that doesn't come with a game or anything, is out of stock . Also I don't quite understand that website. Does it track my IP to find nearby stores, or are those all online sales? Because unfortunately, I have to buy it from an actual store.

Author:   SilentScream
Date:   Jul 10, 08 at 9:30pm (PST)
I hate to break it to you but calling the stores individually is the best way to go. Do a google search for each store's phone number, call 'em up and ask. Try your local stores first then move your way down to the further ones. I had to wait a couple of weeks before I found a Wal-Mart that had like 3 consoles in stock. I had to drive 40 miles to another town to get it.

So if you don't want to wait, order a Wii from amazon.com. It'll cost like $50 more though.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jul 10, 08 at 9:34pm (PST)
There's someone on Cheap Ass Gamer that posts the weekly ads for Target, Circuit City, and Best Buy a week in advance. If it's in the ad, it will be available in the store for that ad week. Someone else also does Toys R Us.

Toys R Us and Best Buy have it in stock this week, so it might be worthwhile to check your local stores and see if they have any.

None of the three aforementioned retailers (Target, CC, BB) will be guaranteed to have it in stock next week.

Date:   Jul 10, 08 at 11:01pm (PST)
Alright, thanks both of you. I'll start calling up stores tomorrow then I guess.

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   Jul 11, 08 at 12:09am (PST)
Yeah, I had a list of every storenearby that sold Wiis and I called them everyday. Also, Wiitracker trackers your IP or whatever, so it shows the stores by you.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.