Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Wario Land: Shake It! Hype Thread of Awesome Animation and 2D Goodness - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1188398-wario-land-shake-hype-thread-of-awesome-animation-2d-goodness/

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jul 07, 08 at 3:33am (PST)
Subject:   The Wario Land: Shake It! Hype Thread of Awesome Animation and 2D Goodness
-------------------------------------------
I'm a couple days late, but a bunch of gameplay videos hit the interwebs.

Wario Land: Shake It! (Wario Land: The Shake Dimension) is the latest Wario game for the Wii. It's a 2D platformer where you shake the Wiimote to get treasure out of bags or to attack enemies. The Wiimote will be held on its site for some classic gameplay.

Check out the videos below.

Hype+1

Author:   Dio
Date:   Jul 07, 08 at 3:45am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Wario Land: Shake It! Hype Thread of Awesome Animation and 2D Goodness
I'm hoping this is for WiiWare.

Is it?

Date:   Jul 07, 08 at 3:49am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Wario Land: Shake It! Hype Thread of Awesome Animation and 2D Goodness
It's a retail game.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Jul 07, 08 at 5:12am (PST)
I just hope it'll be better than his last platforming game...

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Jul 07, 08 at 6:29am (PST)
I never got Master of Disguise, I might get it, meh.

But Shake it looks awesome, can't wait. I also saw it in my Nintendo Power book iirc.

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Jul 07, 08 at 6:35am (PST)
I never got Master of Disguise, but I remember that one where you had to collect the treasures and there was this big hub for the levels. It took like 2 hours to beat. The last good Wario game I played that wasn't minigames was this one for the GBC, *bleep*ing fun for 8 year-olds

Author:   DusktoDawn
Date:   Jul 07, 08 at 1:22pm (PST)
quote Demonfurby
I never got Master of Disguise, but I remember that one where you had to collect the treasures and there was this big hub for the levels. It took like 2 hours to beat. The last good Wario game I played that wasn't minigames was this one for the GBC, *bleep*ing fun for 8 year-olds
I remember a game just like that. Was it wario land? For the gba?

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Jul 07, 08 at 8:44pm (PST)
The first game I was talking about was for the GC, and the second game I can't remember the name, but it was for the GBC

Date:   Jul 09, 08 at 3:41am (PST)
New trailer:

http://www.wipido.com/video/1720

This game is pure sex.

Author:   Gogetenks
Date:   Jul 09, 08 at 4:59am (PST)
I was somewhat interested in the game before, but after watching the trailer and getting a better idea of the game, I'm sold. The sprites look great and the animation is top-notch, so it pulls off the 2D look very well. Although some of the motions (namely the "shake") move a bit towards waggle territory, that should be fine as long as it isn't overdone. I like the other motions, though, such as aiming the cannon, tilting the cart and controlling the submarine. Those look like a lot of fun, and they seem to use the Wii remote well. The platforming looks like fun, the boss fights look fantastic and the game has a ton of little touches.

I've never played a Wario Land game, but this one looks like a lot of fun. The fact that they are going for a very high-end 2D game is very interesting, since 2D is always left to relatively weak systems. I really like what I'm seeing.

Date:   Jul 09, 08 at 5:02am (PST)
quote Akira_EX
New trailer:

http://www.wipido.com/video/1720

This game is pure sex.
Geez, Wario's looking a bit fatter than usual in this one eh?

This game looks awesome, I'm certain we'll see something at E3 about it.

Author:   Murray3
Date:   Jul 09, 08 at 5:29am (PST)
I'm glad I'm not the only one looking forward to this, I got my GBA with Wario Land 4 despite several other deals that would normally be considered much better and I spent so many hours on Wario Land 3. But sadly, I predict this game to last 3-4 hours. The plot no matter how stupid, actually seems pretty awesome.

Date:   Jul 09, 08 at 5:56am (PST)
quote Murray3
But sadly, I predict this game to last 3-4 hours. The plot no matter how stupid, actually seems pretty awesome.
Why's that? The 2D graphics leave heaps of space for a long story.

Author:   Murray3
Date:   Jul 09, 08 at 7:18am (PST)
I don't know, I may just be pesimistic, hopefully though it will be roughly twice the length of Wario Land 3, without 100%. And 100% to be challenging not just time-consuming.

I hope for an enemy museum/enemy information in the form of a card or in a book. Some sort of mulitplayer mode wouldn't go a-miss either, hopefully with extra playable characters.

Author:   canderson
Date:   Jul 09, 08 at 1:03pm (PST)
After watching that video, I'm actually interested in this game. I have a feeling the game will be really short unfortunately.

quote Akira_EX
This game is pure sex.
You scare me.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.