Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: What should I get: 360 or PS3? - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1181196-should-get-360-ps3/5.htm

Author:   Slumpy monkey
Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 12:25am (PST)
Subject:   re: What should I get: 360 or PS3?
-------------------------------------------
quote Akira_EX
quote Donnelly
quote gamerguy21
-PS3 doesn't need a $100 accessory to connect to the internet wirelessly.
I hate how microsoft gave gamers the choice. Wired gaming is infinitely better than wireless, so why would a hardcore gamer want to pay an extra $80 to have it built in when they don't need it.
Depending on how the setup is going to be, wireless may be a godsend.
Look, If ms Added wireless that would add like $100 onto the price tag anyway, Thats not fair on those who do not need it. People who DO need it can pay for it if they want it.

I dont see how this is a disadvantage. Its an advantage if anything because if you do not need it you dont have to pay more cash for it.

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 12:32am (PST)
quote Corrupt Hero
My friend came over with his PS3, and today I got a 360 and you know what.....The 360 rocks I sold my Wii and Ds, got $500s' and went nuts with all the money. I bought games and the console and I found myself saying..."*bleep* THE PS3" LOL. I mean if you are looking for a real Console {not the Wii} then the 360 is the best.
Today on how its made we will be showing how fanboys are made...

Author:   Slumpy monkey
Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 12:33am (PST)
quote kirbyhyrule
quote Corrupt Hero
My friend came over with his PS3, and today I got a 360 and you know what.....The 360 rocks I sold my Wii and Ds, got $500s' and went nuts with all the money. I bought games and the console and I found myself saying..."*bleep* THE PS3" LOL. I mean if you are looking for a real Console {not the Wii} then the 360 is the best.
Actually you tard, He only got his 360 today. So how can he be a fanboy after one day of owning it.

Grow some brains next time, Idiot.

Author:   canderson
Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 12:42am (PST)
I'd personally choose the Playstation 3. The games appeal to me much more than the Xbox 360.

Author:   gamerguy21
Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 1:15am (PST)
quote Donnelly
quote gamerguy21
-Playstation Network is free.
Playstation Network is also vastly inferior to XBL. You get what you pay for.
I don't get why people bash PSN so much. What do you want? You want online play? You got online play. You want an online store? You got an online store. You want an online friends list? You got an online friends list.
Plus, Playstation is launching "Playstation Home" this Fall. And it's all free.

quote slumpy monkey
quote Akira_EX
quote Donnelly
quote gamerguy21
-PS3 doesn't need a $100 accessory to connect to the internet wirelessly.
I hate how microsoft gave gamers the choice. Wired gaming is infinitely better than wireless, so why would a hardcore gamer want to pay an extra $80 to have it built in when they don't need it.
Depending on how the setup is going to be, wireless may be a godsend.
Look, If ms Added wireless that would add like $100 onto the price tag anyway, Thats not fair on those who do not need it. People who DO need it can pay for it if they want it.

I dont see how this is a disadvantage. Its an advantage if anything because if you do not need it you dont have to pay more cash for it.
I highly doubt that it would cost that much for MS to put built in wireless in the 360. Look at the Wii. It has built in wireless, and it's only $250.

Author:   Donnelly
Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 1:26am (PST)
quote gamerguy21
I don't get why people bash PSN so much. What do you want? You want online play? You got online play. You want an online store? You got an online store. You want an online friends list? You got an online friends list.

I want to be able to chat to my friend playing a different game than me.

Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 1:35am (PST)
quote Donnelly
quote gamerguy21

I want to be able to chat to my friend playing a different game than me.
IMO Online chat isn't a very good reason to pay for XBL. If you want to talk to your friend who's playing another game, just use a cell phone.

Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 1:49am (PST)
quote gamerguy21
IMO Online chat isn't a very good reason to pay for XBL. If you want to talk to your friend who's playing another game, just use a cell phone.
Use a 30p per minute phone? Or 5p per day XBL?

THAT SURE IS A TOUGH DECISION.

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 1:51am (PST)
quote slumpy monkey
quote kirbyhyrule
quote Corrupt Hero
Actually you tard, He only got his 360 today. So how can he be a fanboy after one day of owning it.

Grow some brains next time, Idiot.
I'm joking...
maybe if you didn't fail you'd understand that -_-
I WAS JOKING

Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 2:05am (PST)
quote Donnelly
quote gamerguy21
Use a 30p per minute phone? Or 5p per day XBL?

THAT SURE IS A TOUGH DECISION.
30p? 5p? Isn't that some type of pricing in the UK? Sorry I live in the US, so I have no clue what that means.
Anyway, if you don't have a cell phone, just use a regular phone. Also, the PSN is getting the PS Home, which is better than online chat (which you can use a phone for) IMO.

Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 2:15am (PST)
quote gamerguy21
30p? 5p? Isn't that some type of pricing in the UK? Sorry I live in the US, so I have no clue what that means.
Anyway, if you don't have a cell phone, just use a regular phone. Also, the PSN is getting the PS Home, which is better than online chat (which you can use a phone for) IMO.
How do you know what Home is like? Have you tried it out?

Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 2:29am (PST)
quote Donnelly
quote gamerguy21
How do you know what Home is like? Have you tried it out?
Home is a 3D online service where you get to customize your online avatar, customize his/her living space, play games (pool, bowling, etc.) with other people online, chat with other people online, and more. And it's free.

IMO, it sounds much better that talking to people playing different games, which can be done using a phone.

Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 2:46am (PST)
So you're saying Home is great despite having not used it?

Do you have any idea how *bleep*ing stupid that is?

Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 2:48am (PST)
quote Donnelly
So you're saying Home is great despite having not used it?

Do you have any idea how *bleep*ing stupid that is?
I'm not saying it's great. I'm just saying it sounds better than paying Microsoft to use a phone.

Author:   Mikstaslaya
Date:   Jun 30, 08 at 2:56am (PST)
Well, I think gamer is trying to say that while XBL is better than PSN, the price difference is not worth it. I own a 360 and personally, I think Xbox Live has pretty much everything you need specifically so you DON'T have to use cell phone minutes. That's why you are paying $50 for an account. Aside from that, if you bought a PS3 for 400-500, you honestly must be willing to drain out your pockets for your own gaming needs, therefore you have no right to bash XBL for it's costly online service.

I do agree that charging $100 for a wireless adapter is costly, however. Hopefully we will see a price drop in the future.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.