Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Homebrew Guide and Discussion - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1155226-homebrew-guide-discussion/7.htm

Author:   slaythebad
Date:   Aug 17, 08 at 2:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: Homebrew Guide and Discussion
-------------------------------------------
here's the filepath on the sd card:

code
SD|-private
   |-wii
    |-don't worry about stuff in here
  |-apps
   |-*homebrew program name*
    |-boot.dol or boot.elf
    |-data.xml (displays name and summary of program in the hbc, not needed)
    |-icon.png (picture file displayed on the hbc, not needed either)
    |-other file folders/items that you don't need to mess with (not necessarily there, but if they are, don't mess with them)

so you need to make an "apps" folder in the root of the sd card, and then put program folders in it.

~slay

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Aug 17, 08 at 5:31am (PST)
Anybody besides me use that Homebrew Browser yet? That thing is pretty nifty, kind of like a Wii Shop type of thing. I have a question about the Homebrew stuff though. What happens when the next Wii update comes out? And more specifically I am wondering what stop working? The Homebrew Channel, just the Twilight hack, anything that I put on using the HBC like any kinds of WADs, or what? Also, does it mean that my Wii would get bricked if I used any of those if they do stop working from an update? Thanks.

Author:   Gogetenks
Date:   Aug 17, 08 at 2:55pm (PST)
Yeah, the Homebrew browser is a useful little program. Much easier than downloading stuff from your PC and transferring. My only complaint is that there is absolutely nothing to do while programs are downloading, and they can be a bit slow. Besides that, it's great.

And the Homebrew Channel can be used for the Wad Manager, which you use for .wad files (those show up on your Wii Menu as channels). And as for updates, just don't download them until you know it's safe. Just wait until you find out online.

And Slaythebad, some people physically modded their Wii to run DVDs a few months ago. According to them, it will wear out the lens over time (not after a few uses, but continuous use). It's a cheap lens, and movies require it to be read the entire time (unlike a game, which read the disks only periodically for a few seconds). So an hour of a movie will not be like 2 hours of a game, it will be much more than that, and it will be non-stop.

Author:   JugJug
Date:   Aug 17, 08 at 7:19pm (PST)
Does anyone know if I can change the wii's light color or is it only the blue color it uses?

Author:   Paper Mario Dude
Date:   Aug 17, 08 at 7:26pm (PST)
yea, thats what i was wondering..
and i just figured out how to make the user made wii games work...they suck.
anyhoo, the Wii-DVD player is nice, but useless to me since i have an HD DVD/VCR recorder and a PS3 next to my wii.
and my TV automatically switches inputs when something is turned on.
i have on real complaint about the DVD player on the Wii though, it doesnt do full screen.it only goes in the middle and leaves the sides black.

Author:   slaythebad
Date:   Aug 17, 08 at 7:40pm (PST)
the wii dvd player is still in the earliest of stages, and it will continue to be updated until it is as good as possible.

~slay

Date:   Aug 17, 08 at 11:03pm (PST)
quote JugJug
Does anyone know if I can change the wii's light color or is it only the blue color it uses?
You can, but not through homebrew. That would be a physical modification, but I remember there being a company that sold various light colours. I'm not sure whether the blue light had to be taken out or not, but I'll try to dig it up. I'm having trouble finding it at the moment, though.

Author:   JugJug
Date:   Aug 18, 08 at 10:25pm (PST)
Guys, I have a question. can I make different music when the homebrew channel pops up?

Author:   Spazerman
Date:   Aug 19, 08 at 1:23am (PST)
lol i set this up ages ago i got all the ware games for free and need-less too say they all arent very good not worth my money ^^

Author:   Ready Start L_Arc
Date:   Aug 21, 08 at 9:48pm (PST)
quote Barmy Brat
... Make your own video of it?
pls. I'm confused =/

Date:   Aug 22, 08 at 12:22am (PST)

High quality version available here

This is the video I used. It's pretty simple once you know what to do. I had mine running in no time. He also has a video up for the Wad Manager, which is used to install .wad files (basically, channels, such as the Tetris channel).

EDIT: Just to make sure, Akira, but would anything in the second video be a bit too much, or is it still within the rules of the thread? If it's not, I'd be happy to remove it.

This message was edited by Gogetenks on Aug 21 2008.

Author:   Barmy Brat
Date:   Aug 26, 08 at 5:02am (PST)
Does anyone have any idea when Wii Miidia will be released? It is looking like the best option for playing media of the Wii, however on Wiibrew's page it is saying it has not been released officially yet - but doesn't give any links to unofficial releases.

So what's the go with this project? Anyone know?

Author:   Shoshi17
Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 7:41pm (PST)
I know this is a stupid question but if I do this will I lose the save on my copy of twilight princess?

Date:   Aug 29, 08 at 8:21pm (PST)
You will lose your copy of Twilight Princess if you delete it. Your other option is copying it to your SD card, which, no, will not delete your save. You can delete the Twilight Hack after installing the Homebrew Channel.

Author:   Gangey
Date:   Aug 31, 08 at 9:00am (PST)

quote Spazerman
i set this up ages ago i got all the ware games for free
DO you wii-ware games?
if yes, whered you get these?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.