Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Homebrew Guide and Discussion - page 16

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1155226-homebrew-guide-discussion/16.htm

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Homebrew Guide and Discussion
-------------------------------------------
quote Beth18
will it allow you to use ac tool kit the homebrew chanle
Yes.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 12:58pm (PST)
quote Beth18
will it allow you to use ac tool kit the homebrew chanle
can you rephrase the question?

Author:   Zeromaster_14
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 9:16am (PST)
I've got questions.
Can you use any games that were originally downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel on the SD Card after installing Homebrew onto your Wii?

You know, the privateold folder that you might've renamed before you put the files onto the SD Card.

Plus, do I need any of those files after installation? As in, do I need to keep the files on the SD Card in order to load anything?

Also, if I do need those files still, anyway to combine privateold with the new files?

Been trying to Google this and either couldn't find anything or it's throwing me for a loop. Fairly new to this, thankfully everything was mostly smooth when it installed.

Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 9:59am (PST)
quote Zeromaster_14
I've got questions.
Can you use any games that were originally downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel on the SD Card after installing Homebrew onto your Wii?
Yes, it doesnt touches the shop channel content.

You know, the privateold folder that you might've renamed before you put the files onto the SD Card.

Plus, do I need any of those files after installation? As in, do I need to keep the files on the SD Card in order to load anything?

Also, if I do need those files still, anyway to combine privateold with the new files?

Been trying to Google this and either couldn't find anything or it's throwing me for a loop. Fairly new to this, thankfully everything was mostly smooth when it installed.
You could try renaming your current private folder to private1 and private old to private, but usually what you need to load the HBC are the files of the SD card, and as far as app's go all the file that are in the APP folder of your SD Card

Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 3:06pm (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
quote Zeromaster_14
I've got questions.
Yes, it doesnt touches the shop channel content.

You could try renaming your current private folder to private1 and private old to private, but usually what you need to load the HBC are the files of the SD card, and as far as app's go all the file that are in the APP folder of your SD Card
Just tried it and it works.
Thank you so much. :3

Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 3:30pm (PST)
quote Zeromaster_14
No problem!

Date:   Nov 17, 12 at 8:52pm (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
quote Zeromaster_14
No problem!
Actually another question.
If .iso files for ROMs are on the SD Card, will they work on the Emulators that can be downloaded?

Date:   Nov 17, 12 at 9:08pm (PST)
quote Zeromaster_14
quote Duncan Idaho
quote Zeromaster_14
No problem!
If .iso files for ROMs are on the SD Card, will they work on the Emulators that can be downloaded?
i cannot answer that, it's againts neoseeker policy to do so

Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 9:33am (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
quote Zeromaster_14
quote Duncan Idaho
quote Zeromaster_14
No problem!
i cannot answer that, it's againts neoseeker policy to do so
Gah.
Great. I was hoping to get the answer from here because Google and any Tutorial on Youtube is useless.
Forgot how Neoseeker is so strict with the ToS since I'm hardly on anymore. :/

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.