Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Homebrew Guide and Discussion - page 15

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1155226-homebrew-guide-discussion/15.htm

Author:   Sakuraba Neku
Date:   Aug 03, 10 at 4:11am (PST)
Subject:   re: Homebrew Guide and Discussion
-------------------------------------------
quote Mew
I read comments on youtube

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Aug 03, 10 at 4:47am (PST)
quote Sakuraba Neku
quote Mew

my thoughts exactly, youtube is not exactly a trusty source unless its from the official guys, if the guys of bootmii had their own channel, then it should be decent info.

smash stack is the way to go for now as people are trying to crack a more direct way like with 4.2 (and what a pain was to install that) darkcorps is a good idea for what i've heard on a site that is not youtube and that im not allowed to mention due to neo rules (clue its not wiihacks)

Author:   Mew
Date:   Aug 04, 10 at 9:59pm (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
quote Sakuraba Neku
quote Mew

my thoughts exactly, youtube is not exactly a trusty source unless its from the official guys, if the guys of bootmii had their own channel, then it should be decent info.

smash stack is the way to go for now as people are trying to crack a more direct way like with 4.2 (and what a pain was to install that) darkcorps is a good idea for what i've heard on a site that is not youtube and that im not allowed to mention due to neo rules (clue its not wiihacks)

xP Not to install it, just what other people's problems were. I installed it on mine on 4.3u.

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Nov 10, 10 at 10:11pm (PST)
Does anyone know where I can download hackmii/bootmii and the smash stack? I tried to go to the bootmii download page but it won't load and same with the wiibrew site. Used to have homebrew but it got deleted from an update a long time ago and I'm in the mood to play around with it over my Thanksgiving break coming up. I can't remember the rules so if nobody can post where to download them then just pm me. Thanks.

Author:   Benedict
Date:   Nov 10, 10 at 10:34pm (PST)
wiibrew

Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 1:00am (PST)
just go with darkcorps, its an auto patcher for the wii.

Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 6:57am (PST)
Thanks guys. Now all I want to do is find a Goldeneye rom, wad, or learn how to inject one lol. And if I'm not supposed to say that here just delete this post.

Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 6:31pm (PST)
quote JonnyPotSmoker
Thanks guys. Now all I want to do is find a Goldeneye rom, wad, or learn how to inject one lol. And if I'm not supposed to say that here just delete this post.
there is no goldeneye wad

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 6:44pm (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
quote JonnyPotSmoker
there is no goldeneye wad
And if there was, we couldn't link you to it or tell you how to obtain it.

Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 9:10pm (PST)
Damn. Was hoping someone knew of an injected one. And I know it couldn't be posted but a pm is what I would have wanted. I've just been playing the new one and am missing the original too haha.

Author:   Name Undisclosed
Date:   Dec 28, 10 at 7:20pm (PST)
I'm having serious trouble downloading Homebrew. Even just having the HackMii installer on the computer screws it over. I've tried it twice in the past few years. Both times, I've downloaded from the site the WiiBrew page links to.

The first time, I had managed to download Bannerbomb and HackMii (this was when my Wii was still version 4.2) before problems started happening. It ultimately culminated in a locked computer. After recovering it, I got a Blue Screen of Death. Since I had an SD card that said "For Wii" on it, I assumed that it was incompatible with the computer I'm using (Dell Inspiron 1545).

The second time, I used a typical 16GB SDHC card (which I only later found out would not work with Smash Stack, the only way around version 4.3 I can use). No specifics as to whether or not it was compatible only with the Wii. I got as far as downloading HackMii before the computer screwed up. The SD card window wasn't responding, and not even entering Task Manager and clicking "end process" worked. I logged out, and the computer took forever to actually log out. I closed it and opened it, and nothing would work. I left it alone for a while, and it booted up again. I'm using it now with no problems, after having deleted HackMii. No BSoD.

Since this Inspiron is the only computer in my house that has an SD card slot, I seem to be at a crossroads. Do I get a regular SD card and risk going at it again? Do I wait for a new computer to be bought that doesn't *bleep* up when HackMii is downloaded? Or do I simply forget about Homebrew and leave it at that? Any help would be much appreciated.

Author:   ohta
Date:   Jan 02, 11 at 8:55am (PST)
the homebrew is kool but now my wii doesnt even read disks any more

Author:   Name Undisclosed
Date:   Jan 02, 11 at 2:11pm (PST)
quote ohta
Can you still load other channels, like the Mii channel or the Photo channel? Can you still turn the Wii on?

Date:   Jan 02, 11 at 2:59pm (PST)
quote ohta
which CIOS are you running? if youa re running the CIOSrev 20 and the v8 of the MIOS patch you need to downgrade the CIOSrev 20 to rev 14 and uninstall MIOS patch and reinstall it as v8

Author:   Beth18
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 5:58am (PST)
will it allow you to use ac tool kit the homebrew chanle

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.