Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Homebrew Guide and Discussion - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1155226-homebrew-guide-discussion/14.htm

Author:   super michael
Date:   Jul 22, 10 at 7:43am (PST)
Subject:   re: Homebrew Guide and Discussion
-------------------------------------------
I was wondering is there any risk of getting homebrew? I had the nintendo wii from launch date I want to know if theres any risk in geting homebrew.

Wasn't this thread sticky before? I read in the 1st page it got sticky.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 9:08pm (PST)

worst case scenario you brick you wii, meaning you render it useless, but just installing HBC does not has any major risk if you install bootmii, so in case you screw up you can still fix the screw up

Author:   fall
Date:   Jul 29, 10 at 3:40pm (PST)
Hey
I got the new Black Wii and I can't dump my save game for Animal Crossing, I havn't updated my wii at all, and I heard about soft modding it? I don't know what the means... so could somone please help? =D

Date:   Jul 29, 10 at 3:50pm (PST)
quote fall
Hey
I got the new Black Wii and I can't dump my save game for Animal Crossing, I havn't updated my wii at all, and I heard about soft modding it? I don't know what the means... so could somone please help? =D

system version please

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jul 29, 10 at 4:08pm (PST)
quote fall
Hey

Just to make sure, are you running homebrew? Animal Crossing, along with any other Wifi enabled game, will not allow you to transfer save files from the get-go.

Date:   Jul 29, 10 at 4:26pm (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
quote fall
Hey

system version please
I don't know I havn't updated it& I only just got it =s

quote bbb7002004
Just to make sure, are you running homebrew? Animal Crossing, along with any other Wifi enabled game, will not allow you to transfer save files from the get-go.
Yes. Homebrew won't work, well it will work but when I save extract/ save install, it says Ok! on everthing except dumping save game/installing save game
I looked it up, it said somthing about cIOSCORP and needing to softmod the wii because it's different.
Confusing..

Date:   Jul 29, 10 at 4:30pm (PST)

look just go to the config menu and check the number, from there we can help you but i recomend you to be away from cioscorp

there is a better option its called darkcorps i can pm you a few stuff since im not sure if its ok with the mod to psot the link, basicalyl it will homebrew you wii, but you need hombebrew channel first

Date:   Jul 30, 10 at 1:10pm (PST)
Okay, thankyou.
It said; Ver.4.2E
So that's 4.2, providing I don't update my wii I can still have bannerbomb/Homebrew without it being deleted, right?
I used to use bannerbomb of the sd card, but from that I installed the Homebrew Channel.
(:

Date:   Jul 30, 10 at 6:18pm (PST)
quote fall
Okay, thankyou.
It said; Ver.4.2E
So that's 4.2, providing I don't update my wii I can still have bannerbomb/Homebrew without it being deleted, right?
I used to use bannerbomb of the sd card, but from that I installed the Homebrew Channel.
(:

now install bootmii

Date:   Jul 30, 10 at 8:46pm (PST)
I already did, I think

Date:   Jul 30, 10 at 10:12pm (PST)

when you turn on your wii with your SD card inserted does it shows the health screen or a white/blue screen with several icons?

Date:   Aug 01, 10 at 10:59am (PST)
I'm sorry I have no idea what you mean :s

Date:   Aug 01, 10 at 4:46pm (PST)

if bootmii is installed isntead of the screen where you must press the A button to go to the wii menu you get a different one with several squares one says wii other says homebrew channel

Author:   Poke_Master
Date:   Aug 02, 10 at 11:03pm (PST)
Is there a guide for Smash Stack? Because I have 4.3u and I heard that I need to install HackMii and Smash Stack to get Homebrew.

Author:   Mew
Date:   Aug 03, 10 at 12:41am (PST)
quote Poke_Master
Is there a guide for Smash Stack? Because I have 4.3u and I heard that I need to install HackMii and Smash Stack to get Homebrew.
No! You need to do it my way! Or it won't be able to install it. I read comments on youtube, and other people said that the same thing happened to them.

And yes, I've seen that. Reset button is the a button, and power button is right button on that screen. Just press reset on wii. For that to come up, the sd card must be inserted before you turn the wii on if you have bootmii installed.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.