Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Nintendo Wi-Fi using your Download Limit? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1118356-nintendo-wi-fi-using-your-download-limit/

Author:   Aussie Legend
Date:   Mar 20, 08 at 10:31am (PST)
Subject:   Nintendo Wi-Fi using your Download Limit?
-------------------------------------------
Just a quick question, does using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to play games such as Guitar Hero and Brawl online count towards the download limit of your broadband supplier? I'm assuming it probably does...

Thanks in advance.

Author:   Candersen
Date:   Mar 20, 08 at 1:44pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Nintendo Wi-Fi using your Download Limit?
Ive been using it and it hasn't made any differences with my download usage. Even if it used up some of the limit I doubt it would be that much... could be wrong though.

To test if it does you could check with your download manager if your provider shows it. I'm with bigpond and they have a daily usage thing to log onto at their website.

Author:   Gwaihir78
Date:   Mar 20, 08 at 4:04pm (PST)
All internet usage will require packets to be sent (back and forth) and will make use of your bandwidth allowance. If you search google with 'how much bandwidth does my online game use' then you will find a lot of help. You can of course add specific game names to the search.

I found sources that say 'about 10 to 20 kbps [2.5KB (per second)] is needed for on-line gaming'. Or 'about 10MB download and 6MB upload / hour for online play'

Author:   Aussie Legend
Date:   Mar 21, 08 at 2:33am (PST)
I thought it would use some, is really as much as 10MB? Oh well, not going to go over my limit anyways... now I just gotta get the damn thing working...

Thanks

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.