Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii Wireless Range - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1117019-wii-wireless-range/

Author:   Jesh
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 2:11am (PST)
Subject:   Wii Wireless Range
-------------------------------------------
Try saying it five times fast...

But seriously, does anyone here know how it compares to the DS's? Like how far the WiFi can extend away from it?

Author:   Gogetenks
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 2:43am (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii Wireless Range
I'm not sure how it compares to the DS, but I can't imagine it being too different. To be honest, the range of the Wii or DS doesn't really matter, it's the range of the router itself that does. The range of the wireless reciever is insignificant compared to the range of the access point. I wouldn't worry about it, if the DS can recieve the signal well, then chances are the Wii can.

Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 2:59am (PST)
I was actually hoping it was a little stronger, my DS only gets 1 bar.
I was assuming it would be a little stronger since it is a console.

Author:   chaos
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 12:33pm (PST)
I don't know. When I first got my Wii, I tried to hook it upstairs in my bedroom, which is farther away from my router/modem, and I couldn't get a signal. However, that was when I first got it, and it took me forever to get it connected downstairs as well, which is just a few feet from my router/modem. My DS on the other hand, I used to be able play it in my bedroom with two bars, and outside in certain spots with one bar.

Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 7:27pm (PST)
I hoping it can reach like 100 feet, do you think it can? The DS is supposed to reach up to like 60, so I am hoping the Wii's is a little stronger.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.