Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: DS to Wii Question - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1114901-ds-to-wii-question/

Author:   Boro24
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 7:23am (PST)
Subject:   DS to Wii Question
-------------------------------------------
Hey guys I know that the DS can hook up to the Wii with the Wi-Fi Connection but my question is for the older Gameboy Advanced games does this still work and will your GameCube disk be able to pick this connection up to get the bonuses and extras in many games? For example I just beat Metroid Prime 100% and would love to play the original Metroid that comes in the bonuses when you upload your Metroid Fusion file from GBA. Since Metroid Fusion was a GBA game I'm not sure if this will work through the Wi-Fi connection that the DS uses? Does anyone know if this can work? Any help would be appreciated!

Author:   pokemonsnap66
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 5:13pm (PST)
Subject:   re: DS to Wii Question
erm if you want to connect gba to wii you have to use the cable you would use for a gamecube, by plugging it in the top of the wii. The wii to ds connectivity is only for ds games, the only one i can think of off the top of my head is pokemon battle revolution and Diamond/Pearl. Hope this clears up any questions you had.

Author:   Boro24
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 8:04pm (PST)
quote pokemonsnap66
erm if you want to connect gba to wii you have to use the cable you would use for a gamecube, by plugging it in the top of the wii. The wii to ds connectivity is only for ds games, the only one i can think of off the top of my head is pokemon battle revolution and Diamond/Pearl. Hope this clears up any questions you had.
So I can't put a GBA game in a DS connect it wirelessly and then get the extras from GameCube games? If that's the case then that's pretty gay since the DS plays GBA games so Nintendo shoudl have handled it better but oh well thatnks for the tip.

Author:   pokemonsnap66
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 8:08pm (PST)
yep its the case, and yes its crappy. And no probs..

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.