Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii,360, or PS3 - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1108872-wii-360-ps3/5.htm

Author:   Koloth
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 4:17am (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii,360, or PS3
-------------------------------------------
quote Gothic Girl
Why do people try to prove which console is better than another?
It is an attempt either consciously or not to justify that their purchase was the right one. After all in this world we all seek to own the best things we possibly can. Wen I got my HDTV I got exactly that the best one I could afford given my circumstances. And I love my HDTV, even though it isn't a 70" Sony Bravia 1080p. If I could have afforded that I certainly would have bought it though.

Because I can afford all 3 consoles I will get all three. However not everyone can afford all three. So they want to get the best console. What they fail to realize is there is no best, just the best for you. However because they want to feel superior in their choice they feel the need to bash the other consoles when ever the opportunity arises. Which is where the fanboy labels start to come into things.

But it is the nature of people to want to have what they think is the best. Even if intellectually they might realize that best is a matter of opinion when discussing this sort of thing.

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 4:37am (PST)
quote Koloth
quote kirbyhyrule
Popular opinion, meaning alot of people like that games, and those games you mentioned have no were near as many sales as Wii games do. Oh! Just to show you guys the opposite of what this guy says is the truth...
I never claimed any games were selling as well as the Wii games. You said name more than 2 games that are good on the PS3 by popular opinion and I did. Popular opinion doesn't mean everyone in the world or everyone on neoseeker or everyone where the heck ever. The only way to measure what games are popular on the PS3 are to look at the top sellers on that console. Which I listed.

I'm not going to bother to list what the Wii fanboys popular opinion of good PS3 games are, it would be a waste of time. The very concept of popular opinion is ridiculus. Once again the only opinion that matters when discussing which console is better is your own personal opinion. Frankly I'm smart enough not to care about which is better.

On top of that I have enough money to get all three so I don't have to waste time trying to justify my purchase by putting down the other consoles. And I would be happy to take suggestions of what Wii games I should get when I do finally get one. Of course I know all I'm going to see is Twiligt Princess, Galaxy, Metroid Prime, and Brawl. But of course I know about those. Perhaps just maybe someone with some innovative taste could give one or two unusual choices that actually keep things interesting. Heck you want to blast the PS3 for only having two good games name some good games oter than the ones I already mentioned. I really would be interested, because I want to know what else I should be looking to buy.
Wii play, Endless Ocean, Mario Strikers charged, DBZ tenkieachi 3, Sonic riders zero gravity, No more heroes, Guitar hero 3. BTW I'm not a fanboy, just look at some video responses to that video I linked, they say why the PS3 sucks.

Author:   Final Blade
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 4:46am (PST)
quote kirbyhyrule
BTW I'm not a fanboy, just look at some video responses to that video I linked, they say why the PS3 sucks.
lol seriously could have fooled the people here who seen your posts. Besides that video is all fanboyism, and none of it was factual. Anyone who owns a PS3 know it doesn't suck, same for any console. Videos like that does nothing but add fuel to console wars.

But the facts is the PS3 does have good games, the exclusives it has and the current multiplatform games as well. Its a great machine and a bargain for what you get.
Each system has their strengths and weaknesses but that doesn't mean one is better to another, its all about taste.

Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 4:48am (PST)
quote finalblade98
quote kirbyhyrule
BTW I'm not a fanboy, just look at some video responses to that video I linked, they say why the PS3 sucks.
lol seriously could have fooled the people here who seen your posts. Besides that video is all fanboyism, and none of it was factual. Anyone who owns a PS3 know it doesn't suck, same for any console. Videos like that does nothing but add fuel to console wars.

But the facts is the PS3 does have good games, the exclusives it has and the current multiplatform games as well. Its a great machine and a bargain for what you get.
Each system has their strengths and weaknesses but that doesn't mean one is better to another, its all about taste.

You...didn't watch the video...did you? Its a fanboy saying how good the PS3 is
EDIT: err are you talking about the responses?

Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 4:52am (PST)
quote kirbyhyrule

Am I the only one that sees the irony of this sentence?

Oh, and just a minor point. Neither the video you linked nor any video responding to it does anything short of display the precise definition of a fanboy. Every single one of those people, everyone, is a prime example of a fanboy. Think about it.

Author:   Final Blade
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 5:01am (PST)
quote Koloth
quote kirbyhyrule

Oh, and just a minor point. Neither the video you linked nor any video responding to it does anything short of display the precise definition of a fanboy. Every single one of those people, everyone, is a prime example of a fanboy. Think about it.
Thats exactly my point as well Koloth, Pure fanboyism and none of it is factual, which you kirbyhyrule have failed to read in my post.

quote kirbyhyrule
EDIT: err are you talking about the responses?..
That makes no sense you clearly stated that the:
quote kirbyhyrule
just look at some video responses to that video I linked, they say why the PS3 sucks.

So hows does it say that its good? Seriously do you even know what your talking about

I come to the conclusion everything you say here on end, is null and void. Cause its obvious you make no sense.

Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 7:27pm (PST)
quote finalblade98
quote Koloth
quote kirbyhyrule

Thats exactly my point as well Koloth, Pure fanboyism and none of it is factual, which you kirbyhyrule have failed to read in my post.

quote kirbyhyrule
EDIT: err are you talking about the responses?..
That makes no sense you clearly stated that the:
quote kirbyhyrule
just look at some video responses to that video I linked, they say why the PS3 sucks.

So hows does it say that its good? Seriously do you even know what your talking about

I come to the conclusion everything you say here on end, is null and void. Cause its obvious you make no sense.

saying a system sucks does not mean your a fanboy, saying it sucks with no support is being a fanboy

Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 7:39pm (PST)
Well, for one Kribyhyrule you haven't supported your argument at all. Secondly supporting the argument or not does not suddenly absolve you of fanboyism.

Fanboy

A person who has an undying urge to sway everyone that is not a believer of the belief system they have towards a game or system or every piece of hardware. If they do not succeed, they will not sway from their statement infront of anyone who knows their stance.

Author:   Boro24
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 8:14pm (PST)
Like everyone has said it is all based on opinion and what you use it for. Every system has it's advantages and disadvantages and you could make a case for each being the best depending on who is the judge.

Personally
1. 360 to me has the best and most games especially the exclusives with the best graphics and smoothest play, the best online play and all the fun extras like dvd/hd-dvd, and streaming of videos and music from your comp.

2. Wii has a new way to play shooters but much worse graphics. Since the best games on Wii are cartoonish it really doesn't make a difference and looks great all the same. Tons of Nintendo exclusives and great games for the future. Free online and the best VC library bar none.

3. PS3 overpriced in my opinion. Blu-Ray is fun but no better then the resolution on the much cheaper HD-DVD's. Online is free but awful I'd rather pay and have a great product then get a terrible one for free. No games with few exclusives that I really want to play. I mean other then Metal Gear which still might come on a several disk 360 version there is nothing that I'm really looking forward to while the 360 is the exact opposite. Not to mention all of the multi-platform games look and play much better on the 360.

That's just my two cents but as I said someone could say the exact opposite.

Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 8:23pm (PST)
Um, hate to break it to you but the reason HD-DVD is so much cheaper than blu-ray is because the format is dead.On top of that there are rumors that Microsoft is working on a Blu-ray add on for release in the next year or so. Just something to consider in your using the price of Blu-ray as a point against the PS3.

And te Metal Gear rumors sre just that rumors. Konami and Kojima have both said there are no plans for a 360 release. I seriously thought that rumor was dead and buried by now.

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 9:36pm (PST)
Someone told me that there is some reason that Microsoft can't make a Blu-Ray add on for the 360 because of Sony not sharing the rights to it or something like that. I don't know if it is true or anything but I'm just saying what I've been told.

Author:   Saturos and Nitros
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 11:38pm (PST)
That's an interestering definition, Koloth. I consider myself to be a Nintendo fanboy, but i don't go about being a jerk to the other fanboys. Does that make not a fanboy, or what.
Geez, I'm confusing myself.

Author:   DragoniteBallZ
Date:   Mar 16, 08 at 12:17am (PST)
No Microsoft is working with Sony to further integrate BluRay to Microsoft machines and devices, including PCs. As for BluRay on the XBOX360, is not going to happen at the moment. Microsoft is more into delivering movies via content download.

Date:   Mar 16, 08 at 2:45am (PST)
quote Saturos and Nitros
That's an interestering definition, Koloth. I consider myself to be a Nintendo fanboy, but i don't go about being a jerk to the other fanboys. Does that make not a fanboy, or what.
Fanboy is a negative term. Not something you want to classify yourself as in any way. I am a Star Trek fan, but I don't bother to debate over why it is better than Star Wars. Nor would I since I like both anyway, but if I did that would make me a fanboy. I'm a Transformers fan, but again I don't debate over why it is better than Voltron. Though again I like both shows. However a fanboy would debate those things. You can be a fan of something without being a fanboy.

Author:   Mikstaslaya
Date:   Mar 16, 08 at 8:16pm (PST)
quote Koloth
quote Saturos and Nitros
Fanboy is a negative term. Not something you want to classify yourself as in any way. I am a Star Trek fan, but I don't bother to debate over why it is better than Star Wars. Nor would I since I like both anyway, but if I did that would make me a fanboy. I'm a Transformers fan, but again I don't debate over why it is better than Voltron. Though again I like both shows. However a fanboy would debate those things. You can be a fan of something without being a fanboy.
Honestly Koloth, if my wallet wasn't so empty at the moment, I'd pay you. You seem to be one of the few people online who understand what a fanboy is and avoid being one.

Anyway, if people would stop flaming other consoles and debating that they made the right choice and the games they have are superior to yours, the fanboy population would diminish. When deciding between three consoles, instead of thinking "which suits me best?" they simply ask themselves "which is the best?".

People need to stop looking at a game and saying "Because I'm not a shooter fan, the 360 sucks" or "Because I prefer shooters over action/adventure games and I prefer COD4 over Brawl, the 360 is obviously superior to the Wii."

And Kirby, its nice that you are actually trying to support your opinion but your reasoning is biased. You say that the most popular game or whichever has the most sales/gets the best reviews is obviously the best. However, look at halo 3. Amazing sales, incredible popularity, and hyped up critics reviewed it nicely. Was it a good game? No. A complete letdown.

Now look at games like Call of Duty 4 or Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Did they sell as much as Halo 3? No. Are they as popular? No. But do plenty of gamers prefer them over H3? Yes. Infact, a lot do.

I'll post this again for anyone listening. Heres how you decide which is the best console:

Does that help? No. Because there is no best console. Heres how you decide which console is best for you:

Wii:You prefer Nintendo games and a nice amount of first party exclusives. Your not into shooters, but a platformer or action/adventure game will do you justice. You also like some fighting type games, as Brawl may suit you well. As for party games, you have some friends who come over often to play offline with you. Graphics are only a few levels above last gen, but you only care how a game plays, not so much how it looks.

Xbox 360: Your into hardcore, shooting games. It's important to you that a game looks far better than last gen, not just a few levels above. Games stamped with an M rating catch your eye. Your willing to pay a small fee for online, as it is the meat of your experience. Offline/split screen games could use far more work, but you only care about worldwide gaming.

Ps3: Bluray is your style. A game with good graphics will catch your eye any day. If it's an RPG, by all means, your gonna check it out. A nice mixture and balance of some genres suits you well. Online is decent, but your a solo type of guy anyway.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.