Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii,360, or PS3 - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1108872-wii-360-ps3/4.htm

Author:   Peek_a_buu
Date:   Mar 14, 08 at 6:39am (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii,360, or PS3
-------------------------------------------
Man, Nurio, that video definitely WAS biased. I particularly like how the person in the video mentioned all these other important things like six-axis and looks and gave points for them, despite the 360 having much better games available. Damn fanboys.

I only bought a Wii because I like Nintendo games. The Wii has a good mix of casual games like Wii Sports, Guitar Hero III and Mario Strikers Charged, which I have fun playing with friends, but also makes games which are for pure gamers who have been following these franchises for years like Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2. The Wii remote didn't make me buy it, but that's not to say I didn't get excited about playing FPS using the IR and bowling using the motion sensing. It's just that wasn't a factor.

However, if I had the choice between the PS3 and 360, despite the PS3's amazing hardware, storage etc. I would go for the 360 because I get consoles to play good games.

Author:   Koloth
Date:   Mar 14, 08 at 1:50pm (PST)
Kirbyhyrule, you're an idiot.

Popular opinion. Whose popular opinion? Wii Fanboys? PS3 fanboys? Or do we go by biased reviewers that get paid to write good reviews? I suppose we could just go by members on Neoseekers opinion. But ultimately popular opinion is BS the only opinion that matters is your own.

But if you insist

Ratchet & Clank Future
Uncharted
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (which not the same as Black they added a couple of levels to it)
MotorStorm
Resistance
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Dynasty Warriors 6
Unreal Tournement 3

Games to be released

Metalgear Solid 4
Final Fantasy 13
Haze
Afrika

I think that's about enough to prove you wrong.

Author:   pokefan99
Date:   Mar 14, 08 at 7:47pm (PST)
This is getting out of hand. I've found a bunch of videos on Youtube that either make good points or are just pieces of trash spat out by angry fanboys. I've found hundreds of the last one.

Author:   Paper Mario Dude
Date:   Mar 14, 08 at 8:19pm (PST)
quote Koloth

But if you insist

Ratchet & Clank Future
Uncharted
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (which not the same as Black they added a couple of levels to it)
MotorStorm
Resistance
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Dynasty Warriors 6
Unreal Tournement 3

Games to be released

Metalgear Solid 4
Final Fantasy 13
Haze
Afrika

I think that about enough to prove you wrong.

This message was edited by Koloth on Mar 14 2008.
are those the popular opinion vote?
i absolutley hated ratchet and clank. my friend ( and his sony fanyboy friends) said "Man, this has the best graphics, and the best game ever created", i brought up the fact that no game has yet beat the scores of Ocarina of Time, they say "ONLY GRAPHICS MATTER, THE better looking it is, it doesn`t matter what the game is like"
^ i hate them so much.
[begin fanboy hating rant] there are 6 billion people on earth. each and every one of them has their own brain and personality and thoughts. you can`t say that the game is best of all time just because one person says so or because of one reason. Only titles that deserve the "Best Game" award are proven by game rating companies, the EXPERTS.
i just hate it so much when all my sony fanbitch friends gang up on me and state that the wii can`t handle anything, it sucks, and more recent "alright paul, we`ll see what Brawl looks like on my new projector...and then two minutes after playing that, i`ll get bored and we`ll go right back to Call of Duty"
as all arrogant people, they ignore anything that they don`t think is the best. so in order to find equallibrium, you need to open your mind to all possibilites...which my friends do not.

EDIT- Koloth, motorstorm was ok IMO, but it sucked ass because it didn`t have offline multiplayer 0_0.....how does a racing game......not have offline multiplayer?
RC-PRO on the NES even has it. wth. i was pissed off since it was the only game my friend had at the time ( since his parents bought the PS3, motorstorm, 2 controllers all seperatly ) and no games were out at the time...
thats another thing, anyone who gets their parents to buy them EVERYTHING, like MP3 players, TVs, Game Systems, Games, etc...(anything over $50) you are spoiled and need to find work. alot of people i`ve met automatically think they are better than me (or my other friend) because he has more games and 3 72 inch HDTVs that his parents bought.
[/ramt]

Date:   Mar 14, 08 at 8:36pm (PST)
Those would be the most popular/highly anticipated and highly rated exclusives on the system right now. They don't all appeal to me either. I hate console FPS so Resistance and UT3 are out before we even start. I haven't even purchased Heavenly Sword yet. I have considered it a few times but just can't bring myself to purchase it for some reason. I can almost guarantee I won't buy Haze, but we'll see.

I have and enjoy all of the remaining games though. R&C is pretty yes, so is Uncharted. But on top of being pretty they both have excellent story lines. Frankly i don't know how you can hate R&C though it is a great platformer. but to each their own.

However you need to stop harping on OoT getting the highest score ever. Really, who gives a flying F man? You can't enjoy a game unless some reviewers proclaim it the greatest game of all time? R&C won best game for the PS3 in '07. But you don't see anyone throwing that back in your face. Just get over it.

Author:   BluAnimal
Date:   Mar 14, 08 at 8:54pm (PST)
quote Delslayer
If you like video games / first person shooters, get a 360. If you like video games and have friends, get a wii. If you like video games and have no friends then get a ps3.
-Cough cough-

XBox is for people that only want first person shooters. Most people I know that have 360s usually pick their noses in classes... People I know with Wii, are Fanboys, people that got it for a bargain, or people with friends. The Wii is more of a party console. PS3 is for people with cash to burn, like party, FPS, RPG, racing and more. I have a ps3 and it rocks...

Author:   pokefan99
Date:   Mar 14, 08 at 11:03pm (PST)
Who makes a racing game with no offline multiplayer, anyway? But tell me this. Can you view all this on the PS3 and 360? Or buy classic games for a small amount of money? Up to 1000 points which are fairly cheap. Can they make an army of little weird people who can look like a whole lot of shit? No? Didn't think so. I'm sort of a fanboy, but I'll try most games once. But I'm not speding about 500 bucks on something I might not play. Plus, I don't like most of their games. Tell me when another Jak and Daxter game comes to PS3. The we'll talk.

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 12:28am (PST)
quote Koloth

Popular opinion. Whose popular opinion? Wii Fanboys? PS3 fanboys? Or do we go by biased reviewers that get paid to write good reviews? I suppose we could just go by members on Neoseekers opinion. But ultimately popular opinion is BS the only opinion that matters is your own.

But if you insist

Ratchet & Clank Future
Uncharted
MotorStorm
Resistance
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Dynasty Warriors 6
Unreal Tournement 3

Games to be released

Metalgear Solid 4
Final Fantasy 13
Haze
Afrika

I think that's about enough to prove you wrong.

This message was edited by Koloth on Mar 14 2008.
wow are you seriously a mod?
Popular opinion, meaning alot of people like that games, and those games you mentioned have no were near as many sales as Wii games do. Oh! Just to show you guys the opposite of what this guy says is the truth...

Author:   Donnelly
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 1:21am (PST)
kirbyhyrule.

You are an idiot.

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 1:28am (PST)
The Nintendo camp is getting a little arrogant and flamey. Tone it down big time guys.

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 1:42am (PST)
quote ljpdonnelly
kirbyhyrule.

You are an idiot.

Because of Sonic Flash's post I'm not going to post what I was going to post, instead I will say something else...
why? Disclaim what I said instead of calling me an idiot.

Author:   Final Blade
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 2:25am (PST)
PS3 is better why, cause its big, black and shiny
[/sarcasm]

On a more serious note, NO system is better, that is fact. Better is a opinion term which means nothing but to your self, and what games you prefer. It comes down to what games you enjoy playing.

kirbyhyrule im sorry but everything you said is completely wrong, and idiotic from where im reading.
Popular opinion means absolutely nothing to actual facts. Sales means nothing to determine if the game is good.

Wii in my honest opinion, barely has enough games to keep me interested. Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Brawl and TP are good games, but thats it from where im sitting.
Popular opinion is just something fanboys like to throw around trying to take shots at another systems, they don't like or prefer.

PS3 Multiplatform games is now even in terms of quality, they are the exact same to the 360 counter-part, except for the control scheme.
So you cannot bring in that, which was months ago. Devs has gotten a good handle on the system, and we both the PS3 and 360 fans are in fact enjoying the quality games, Exclusive or multiplatform, they are good.

PS3 is getting a bunch of Exclusives that people were waiting for, MGS4, Haze, FF13 and Versus, and probably more.

All 3 systems has games that people play and like, that is also true. But none is superior, If you asked which has better hardware, then PS3 would obviously be better in that regard. But even that isn't a big margin.

And for the love of God Stop bringing up OoT, It has nothing to do with the 3 current systems, and isn't for any of them. OoT in my opinion is purely Over-hyped, and wasn't even good, like Halo is. Halo 1 was the best out of the 3, but anything after that was nothing but the same stuff.

However that doesn't mean either of those games were horrible no, thats my taste.

Sonic may i request that this thread be close, right now is just turning out to be a flame war, which started a couple of pages ago, when they pissed Koloth off.

Author:   Razentsu
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 2:32am (PST)
If I had to choose between Wii, 360 or PS3, I'd have to go with the Wii for its first party games. Xbox 360 has some great games too, but I'm not too fond of FPS'. PS3 also has its great games, but the ones that I'm looking forward to aren't released yet.

They are all great systems. Some people would pick 360 or PS3 because for their graphics and funtionality, it's their choice. If they want a PS3, they can go ahead and buy a PS3. If they want an Xbox 360, they can go and buy a 360.

Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 3:09am (PST)
quote kirbyhyrule
Popular opinion, meaning alot of people like that games, and those games you mentioned have no were near as many sales as Wii games do. Oh! Just to show you guys the opposite of what this guy says is the truth...
I never claimed any games were selling as well as the Wii games. You said name more than 2 games that are good on the PS3 by popular opinion and I did. Popular opinion doesn't mean everyone in the world or everyone on neoseeker or everyone where the heck ever. The only way to measure what games are popular on the PS3 are to look at the top sellers on that console. Which I listed.

I'm not going to bother to list what the Wii fanboys popular opinion of good PS3 games are, it would be a waste of time. The very concept of popular opinion is ridiculus. Once again the only opinion that matters when discussing which console is better is your own personal opinion. Frankly I'm smart enough not to care about which is better.

On top of that I have enough money to get all three so I don't have to waste time trying to justify my purchase by putting down the other consoles. And I would be happy to take suggestions of what Wii games I should get when I do finally get one. Of course I know all I'm going to see is Twiligt Princess, Galaxy, Metroid Prime, and Brawl. But of course I know about those. Perhaps just maybe someone with some innovative taste could give one or two unusual choices that actually keep things interesting. Heck you want to blast the PS3 for only having two good games name some good games oter than the ones I already mentioned. I really would be interested, because I want to know what else I should be looking to buy.

Author:   Miss Razz
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 3:33am (PST)
quote Koloth
Perhaps just maybe someone with some innovative taste could give one or two unusual choices that actually keep things interesting.
*points to signature*

- - -

Tbh, these console "wars" are just downright idiotic. Why do people try to prove which console is better than another? There is no "better". I couldn't care less if one console has infinite more features than another. It's the games that matter, and with such a wide variety on each console, how can they even be compared? If people actually bothered opening their eyes, they might see that there is at least one game on each console tht they could be interested in, rather than arguing that their "hated" console is full of shitty games.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.