Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii,360, or PS3 - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1108872-wii-360-ps3/

Author:   Remino52
Date:   Mar 05, 08 at 1:52pm (PST)
Subject:   Wii,360, or PS3
-------------------------------------------
Someone I know is arguing with me on what system is better.And I just want your opinions and facts.

Author:   Koloth
Date:   Mar 05, 08 at 1:56pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii,360, or PS3
There are no facts. Better is a personal opinion. Obviously in the Wii forum the vast majority of members are going to tell you the Wii. But that is hardly conclusive.

You can't even really use things like games or specs to quantify better. Yes the 360 and PS3 are capable of higher resolution graphics than the Wii. But so what? Doesn't really hurt the Wii.

Author:   WHY ME11
Date:   Mar 05, 08 at 3:27pm (PST)
No such thing as A better console. They all are great in their own ways. I like 360 the most because it has games that I like more. Does that mean that Ps3 or Wii sucks? No

Author:   Twisted
Date:   Mar 05, 08 at 4:49pm (PST)
I would go into detail, but I'm not sure if this thread is allowed. None of the consoles suck, that's just the bottom line.

Author:   Nurio
Date:   Mar 05, 08 at 6:40pm (PST)
quote Andrew5
I would go into detail, but I'm not sure if this thread is allowed.
your allowed to go into detail aslong as you don't say that a certain console sucks.

quote Remino52
Someone I know is arguing with me on what system is better.And I just want your opinions and facts.
it's hard to say which system is better with so many different feutures and capabilities they each have maybe i should start from there.

the wii is capable of downloading virtual games from the wii shop channel Which will be a selection of the most popular games from the N64, SNES, NES and also the Sega Mega drive/Genesis and TurboGrafx -16, as well as some homebrew and independent publisher titles and you will also require the classic controller to play VC games. you will also be able to download the internet channel which even allows you to surf the web via the wii and if i may even play videos from the web [some anyway]. the wii comes with the mii channel, photo channel, wii shop channel, weather channel and the news channel which are quite usefull and some fun to use!

and we cant forget about the wii remote it has the ability to sense movement and orientation. Sensors in the Wii Remote allow it to sense linear motion along three axes, as well as tilt. The controller features an optical sensor, allowing it to determine where it is pointing.
This allows players to mimic actual game actions, such as swinging a sword or using a flashlight, instead of simply pushing buttons. and also has one of most anticipated games coming out for the wii which are super smash brothers brawl and mario kart wii. overall the wii is a fun and interactive console to use to play with your freinds and or your family!

now for the xbox 360 and ps3.

well this is the most biased video i have ever seen. what that dosen't say is what are the feutures of them.

the xbox 360 is able to play dvds, music, videos which are downloadeble via xbox live marketplace and you will also be able to download content for specific games like blue dragon or maybe devil may cry 4 also the 360 has some extermely good games like devil may cry 4 lost planet extreme condition [<need to get that game] . all hardcore games and as for the ps3.

the ps3 is capable of playing blue ray dvds and as far as i heard also has free internet [for now...maybe makes sense] and also has one of the most highly anticipated games coming out exclusively for the ps3 which are Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII [which is the only reason i'm getting the ps3]i can't really go into much more detail since i don't have a ps3 so can someone who has one do it for me.

so it's as you can see it's really hard to say which console is better completely depends on your taste.

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Mar 05, 08 at 7:19pm (PST)
quote Koloth
There are no facts. Better is a personal opinion. Obviously in the Wii forum the vast majority of members are going to tell you te Wii. But that is hardly conclusive.

You can't even really use things like games or specs to quantify better. Yes the 360 and PS3 are capable of iger resolution graphics than the Wii. But so what? Doesn't really hurt the Wii.
What he said. I traditionally find myself having to close these things because everyone flames everything else.

Bottom line is that there is no better console. "Better" is a subjective term used to describe something qualitatively. There is no easy scale that we can place these consoles on without introducing multiple contradictory factors. It cannot be done.

That being said, if you think you can carry on a developed conversation without putting flint to tinder then go at it.

Author:   Mikstaslaya
Date:   Mar 05, 08 at 7:34pm (PST)
I'm very suprised and pleased to see a thread like this and 0 fanboy comments.

Like everyone said, no console is better. Every console appeals to a different type of gamer. Of course, however, this thread will be riddled with console bashers/fanboys in a matter of hours. So be prepared, guys.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Mar 05, 08 at 7:38pm (PST)
Just replying that "no console is better" is as pointless as a fanboy comment. nurio made an excellent post highlighting strengths and weaknesses of all three consoles, actually providing information and answering the question posed by the thread.

Author:   Enigmatic Man
Date:   Mar 05, 08 at 7:52pm (PST)
And nurio also provided the entertainment if I do say so, needless too say the unbiased are the winners of any 'console war'.

Author:   Punk100
Date:   Mar 05, 08 at 10:58pm (PST)
I don't think any system is better.Any one who dose are ushally fan boys that say "the graphics are better"

Author:   Saturos and Nitros
Date:   Mar 05, 08 at 11:24pm (PST)
AND graphically capabillty is kind of insignificant today. I can't really tell the difference between the 3 system's graphics anymore. For the last 3 systems i could tell but not anymore. Graphics don't really count to me.

Author:   Mikstaslaya
Date:   Mar 06, 08 at 1:01am (PST)
^ Agreed. Which is why I'm not a PC gamer...too much worrying about Specs, Operating system, FPS, viruses, ect. And every dollar you spend to make your computer faster is just going towards graphics and a few games run better. But this disscussion is far from PC gaming so I'll shut up.

Again, I'm proud to hear that noone has replied with "Well the *blank* is the obvious best console..." and its almost been two pages. Keep it up...we are on a nonfanboy post streak

Author:   GameFreak101
Date:   Mar 06, 08 at 1:05am (PST)
Umm, get all three then you can enjoy all the games you want and laugh at the little fanboys. Personally, I haven't gotten too into my PS3 that much, but it's definitely not bad.

Author:   Koloth
Date:   Mar 06, 08 at 2:56am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Just replying that "no console is better" is as pointless as a fanboy comment.
Not really. It is important to point out that this question is highly subjective and based completely on opinion. After all the the original question posed is what are your opinions on which is better. It is possible to answer that question. However there are no facts to provide to support why it is better. Because those reasons too are an opinion.

You might say the Wii is the best because it has the best games. But there are no facts in that statement. It is all personal opinion. I'm not at all interested in Rayman: Raving Rabbits. But someone might think it is a great game. You might absolutely hate Dynasty Warriors but I find it highly enjoyable. You can list specs and features all day long, however they really are meaningless. The PS3 has Blu-ray the 360 uses DVD9. You could argue that the larger space makes for better games. But that has yet to be proven in any significant way. You could say that Blu-ray is the media format of the future. But sooner or later something is going to replace it just like everything else. It is the format of the future until something bigger and better comes along.

But you know what. There are still people out there than like Vinyl over CDs. There are people that prefer VHS over DVD. For a long time there were people that thought Beta was the best. There are lots of opinions out there. But none of them are fact. Arguing over what's better is kind of pointless. Because it isn't an argument you can win.

Author:   Saturos and Nitros
Date:   Mar 06, 08 at 3:43am (PST)
It does get pointless after it has been said a few hundred times, like fanboy statements. When it comes down to it, it really depends on what games you want the most and base what console you get off of that. OR, if you're stacked, like gamefreak101, you can get all 3 consoles (lucky man).Mikstaslaya,
It's not rape, it's surprise sex
is THE. GREATEST. LINE. EVER.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.