Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: VC/Wii Game Suggestions For Christmas List - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1045003-vc-wii-game-suggestions-for-christmas-list/

Author:   Jaw Knee
Date:   Nov 22, 07 at 9:56pm (PST)
Subject:   VC/Wii Game Suggestions For Christmas List
-------------------------------------------
Hey all.

I've got a pretty decent Wii game library. I have about six games and they're all tons of fun.

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Red Steel
  • Wii Sports
  • Call of Duty 3
  • Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
  • Super Mario Galaxy

I've bought four games on the Virtual Console, and as most classics in the service, they're all fantastic.

• Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest
  • Paper Mario
  • Breath of Fire II
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

As Christmas is approaching, I need ideas to extedn both libraries on the system. Although I am looking forward to the XBOX 360 I'm hoping to get off eBay, it can't replace the magic the Wii has brought to me.[/cheesyline] Anyway, I've had these few games in mind with their prices and I'd like some more suggestions/feedback.

• Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - $89.99
  • Sonic and the Secret Rings - $14.99
  • Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - $49.99
  • Battalion Wars 2 - $49.99
  • Metroid Prime 3 - $49.99
  • Super Mario Strikers - $49.99
  • Nights: Journey to Dreams - $49.99
  • Tomb Raider: Anniversary - $39.99
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - $49.99
  • Metal Slug Anthology - $39.99
  • Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaro's Treasure - $39.99
  • Super Paper Mario - $49.99
  • The Godfather: Blackhand Edition - $29.99
  • Soul Calibur Legends - $49.99

Those are titles I'm interested in. There's a chance my mom will be Christmas shopping at Toys R' Us, and if you buy two Wii games there, you'll get a third for free. If you have any other ideas for games that are decent to excellent, lemme know. Same with the Virtual Console games. Thanks!

Author:   Dogsbaby
    Date:   Nov 22, 07 at 10:10pm (PST)
    Subject:   re: VC/Wii Game Suggestions For Christmas List
    Super Paper Mario was a great game i have to say, and so are most of the games you listed. I'd say go with the ones you like the most.

Author:   frijolito93
    Date:   Nov 22, 07 at 10:13pm (PST)
    I say you should buy guitar hero 3 and the godfather

Author:   Reason
    Date:   Nov 22, 07 at 10:15pm (PST)
    That looks like a pretty solid list of games you've listed there. I advise you not to get Strikers Charged though. It's fun for a while, but just gets boring tbh.

Author:   Theory of Chaos
    Date:   Nov 22, 07 at 10:16pm (PST)
    quote Jaw Knee
  • Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - $89.99
  • Sonic and the Secret Rings - $14.99
  • Battalion Wars 2 - $49.99
  • Nights: Journey to Dreams - $49.99
  • Tomb Raider: Anniversary - $39.99
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - $49.99
  • Metal Slug Anthology - $39.99
  • Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaro's Treasure - $39.99
  • Super Paper Mario - $49.99
  • The Godfather: Blackhand Edition - $29.99
  • Soul Calibur Legends - $49.99
  • These are the best games on the list. Guitar Hero III is pricy, but you'll get your money's worth with online play and a very high replay value. Metroid and Mario are fantastic adventures. Mario has more replay than Metroid, but the run you have with Metroid is very memorable. Lastly is Umbrella Chronicles. This really depends on how much of a fan you are. There is a huge ammount of fan service here and it's an all-around good arcade experience. Zack & Wiki is recomend the least. It's a solid adventure/puzzle solver and uses the Wiimote very well, but beyond that it is very linear.

Date:   Nov 22, 07 at 11:02pm (PST)
    Thanks a lot, guys. I'm pretty positive I want to go with Guitar Hero, but it's very possible I can only get three from Toys R' Us, and then I want a bit of variety on Christmas, so I don't want all of videogames. What are the top 3 you'd choose?

Author:   Twisted
    Date:   Nov 22, 07 at 11:22pm (PST)
    Maybe Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64?
    Oh and also maybe Mario Kart 64.

Date:   Nov 22, 07 at 11:30pm (PST)
    I was thinking Mario Kart as well. It's a great game. The Super Nintendo installment is pretty good too.

Author:   Chameleon4444
    Date:   Nov 23, 07 at 11:18am (PST)
    If you played fire emblem path of radiance and liked it, then you'll love radiant dawn.

I personally did not find super paper mario interesting at all. I beat thousand year door, but I didn't even bother to play path the first chapter when I rented super paper mario. Mario strikers is a good game mainly for online, if you don't have online then it'll get boring really fast.

Date:   Nov 23, 07 at 5:29pm (PST)
    I do have online. I've decided on choosing Guitar Hero 3 and just one other game since the "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" deal ended two days ago.

Author:   Dio
    Date:   Nov 23, 07 at 6:06pm (PST)
    Well, since you're pretty much set on GH3, I'd either go with one of these three games:
    quote Jaw Knee
  • They're all fantastic games. It really depends on if you're a bigger Resident Evil fan or Metroid fan. (or soccer fan)

Ask yourself which series do you enjoy more, Resident Evil, Metroid, or Mario Sports? Then go from there.

As for the Virtual Console, you can't go wrong with any Zelda/Mario game. They're all classics.

Author:   chaos
    Date:   Nov 24, 07 at 2:30am (PST)
    I won't suggest any Wii games; the one I was going to have already been suggested. However, here are some ideas for VC games:

SMB 1-3, including "The Lost Levels". In-fact, I'd suggest The Lost Levels over SMB2 any day. Like Twlightprince said, you can't go wrong with any Zelda or Mario game. However, I bought Mario Kart 64... which, really wasn't that great of a game in my opinion. Not worth the 10,000 points.

Gunstar Heroes (the most ass-kicking game on the VC =D), Donkey Kong Country, Kid Icarus, Metroid, and there are quite a few more worth getting. I also heard that Harvest Moon for the SNES will be coming out on the VC pretty soon, and it has already been given a rating, just not sure when it will be out. If you're a fan of Harvest Moon games, that'll definitely worth a buy.

Author:   Master of the VG
    Date:   Nov 24, 07 at 3:52am (PST)
    I would highly recommend Super Paper Mario and strongly recommend that you avoid Sonic and the Secret Rings. There's a good reason why that game is $14.99.

Date:   Nov 24, 07 at 4:01am (PST)
    Ha, is it terrible?

I think I'll consider Super Paper Mario and Umbrella Chronicles. I really wish Bully would come two months earlier.

Author:   Dio
    Date:   Nov 24, 07 at 4:23am (PST)
    quote Jaw Knee
    I think I'll consider Super Paper Mario and Umbrella Chronicles. I really wish Bully would come two months earlier.
    Didn't you buy Bully for the PS2? I remember talking to you about it a while back.

Yeah, you can't go wrong with Super Paper Mario or Umbrella Chronicles. Both are fantastic games. Just make sure you always have a buddy around when playing UC, the co-op mode is the best part of the game.

• Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
    All Rights Reserved.