Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii Line-up - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1004077-wii-line-up/

Author:   Dai
Date:   Sep 21, 07 at 4:01pm (PST)
Subject:   Wii Line-up
-------------------------------------------
What are your thoughts on the Wii's list of games? Out now, coming soon, near future, VC, 'praying/begging for', and all other sets of Wii games. What was your opinion on the launch titles, for instance? Discuss. Heh...

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Sep 21, 07 at 4:13pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii Line-up
Its hard to say right now. I know the future line-up for the rest of this year and on looks incredible. I really can't wait to see more info on games coming out next year like Mario Kart, No More Heroes, and Disasters.

The problem with the Wii's current line up is that there just aren't many real Wii games. Almost the entire lineup consists of Mini game compilations, Tech Demos, or last gen. games with Wii controls tacked on. Don't get me wrong, I love Zelda on Wii, but it just plain looks and feels like a GC game, especially now that I have experience what a "built from the ground up" Wii game feels like in Metroid Prime 3.

Now, most of this I attribute to it being launch software. Wii was something completely different, so to expect developers, some with under one year of development time, to push out fantastic Wii games like Metroid is unfair. However, I hope, and believe, that developers know that the same last gen game with Wii waggle won't work (I like alliteration, okay!) anymore.

Author:   Dai
Date:   Sep 21, 07 at 4:43pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii Line-up
I know exactly what you mean, and I'm guessing many would agree. Sadly the best of the actual Wii games seem to be right in front of us in terms of time. Not that I have anything against the big titles already out.

Good or bad, I've noticed that a great deal of previously Sony/Microsoft console games are finding their way to Nintendo. Does this mean we'll finally be seeing a real effort from 3rd Party developers? I keep hearing how they're jumping on the Nintendo boat and making better games, but when will we see them? I know I'm eagerly awaiting that day. Heh...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.