Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Jack of Blades his Three Masks - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/31579/t1309822-jack-of-blades-his-three-masks/

Author:   PhluXx
Date:   Feb 01, 09 at 7:46pm (PST)
Subject:   The Jack of Blades his Three Masks
-------------------------------------------
If you look closely at the altime best antagonist, the Jack of blades we will see he has three masks. The one which he wairs, which if we look at Fable folklore tells us this is his "soul shell" which makes him immortal allowing him to swap from host body repeatably.
But when we take a close look at his chest just bellow his crimson cloak we see another two masks. One which appears to be a stiched mouth with a frauning expression, and the second with also a stiched mouth but with a smiling expression. But by what I've found on the web and the two games. There is no mention or explaination of the other two masks.
Is it possible that there also "soul shells" for the Jack of Blades? And there still housing his soul keeping him alive, with the possibility of a return in future Fable games? Remeber the Hero of Oakvale only detroyed Jacks' first mask the one vailing his face. The other two retreated back to the Void with Jack's host body, after there first battle in the chamber of fate.
Anyone have any feedback on this? Or any explaination on the other two masks?

Author:   Resilience
Date:   Feb 01, 09 at 8:20pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Jack of Blades his Three Masks
After posting this is 3 forums, you'd think you'd stop.
The other two where old masks that held the soul, the soul goes through different masks but leave small traces behind, thats why he kept them.

Author:   BerryLee
Date:   Feb 01, 09 at 8:46pm (PST)
im sorry to say but ummmm Whos jack of blades

Author:   Intoxication
Date:   Feb 02, 09 at 1:11am (PST)
Jack of Blades is the final boss in the original Fable game.

Author:   swk3000
Date:   Feb 02, 09 at 5:41am (PST)
Actually, the Smiling and Frowning masks are the ancient symbol of Theatre and the Arts. It's something that dates back to Greek times, if I remember correctly (though I won't guarantee that, so don't quote me). I have no idea what this means in terms of a connection to Jack of Blades, I don't know, but it is something that I never really registered. It's actually an interesting observation.

Author:   Xaxas
Date:   Feb 02, 09 at 6:23am (PST)
Yep, you are right about the masks being from Ancient Greece. There's a specific name, but I forgot it along with everything else term and history wise in drama.

Author:   Nameless Noname
Date:   Feb 02, 09 at 12:10pm (PST)
The smiling and frowing masks also stand for Comedy and Drama, respectively.

Concering Jack: According to Fable Wiki, he once worked together with two others like him, the Knight of Blades and the Queen of Blades. As The Court, they wanted to conquer Albion, until they were all defeated by William Black.

Maybe those mask that Jack of Blades wears are the masks of his fellows.

I don't know how he would've gotten them, 'coz he was the second one to be killed, not the last.
But if he could survive being killed, he could've done that too, I guess. Its a possibility.

Author:   deadriclady kristy
Date:   Aug 09, 10 at 11:53am (PST)
Queen of Blades and the Knight, the two masks represent the Court to him and do not actually resurrect him, his companions wore them and when he was alive once more he kept them in safe keeping. I have read a few pages in lots of books (Fable 1 & 2) and it is safe to say Jack won't be coming back any time soon. He was killed... twice. If you need to know more of Jack of Blades he had a human form and a dragon one. You can even find this out by talking to the demon door under Castle Fairfax in Fairfax Gardens.
The only mask that Jack could possibly use is the one who wore. Yes, the masks do represent the theatrical drama but LionHead are clever and smart-arsed us again. Don't you think that maybe if his mask was thrown into lava it may have been destroyed? If you play through and listen to Fable 1 closely, he even says that the dragon form is his last and that that mask keeps him alive forever, and you destroy the mask because you dont want him alive. i know, a lot to take in. :/

Author:   fyfv6rtqwqvtvrrft
Date:   Aug 22, 10 at 12:16am (PST)
yeah but what if you put the mask on when you have the choice when you defeated jacks second form. wich might mean that your person from fable1 could possibly be in fable 3 and I just have this feeling that the guild of hero's might me rebuilded again.

Author:   ...
Date:   Aug 23, 10 at 8:18am (PST)
maby he had three soul shells 2 of them were detroyed (1 in human form the other in a dragon form) and 1 remains and for all i know rose might be with him, if you got the letter from rose u would know and another thing, has anyone noticed the stain glass window in luciens study? Looks ALOT like jack of blades to me but for now its all just a theroy. we will have to find out on our own in fable3.

Author:   Elucief
Date:   Sep 18, 10 at 4:09pm (PST)
Actually, the other two masks belong to the Queen of Blades, and the Knight of Blades. Jack and the other two came to Albion from the void during the times of the archon. They demanded that people saw them as their ruler. After three attempts, and the people still not bowing to them, they destroyed everything, then an Archon warrior destroyed The Queen and Knight of blades, and sent Jack's sword (Sword of Aeons) to the void. Jack escaped, and lied dormant for many years, with come backs here and there, until you meet him in Fable 1.

Date:   Sep 19, 10 at 11:01pm (PST)
well that dosent explain how he came back tho u destroyed HIS soul shell in fable 1 so how did he come back?

Date:   Sep 26, 10 at 9:40pm (PST)
sorry for the double post. if the sword of aoens is jacks sword how come it has the guild seal on it. look close you can see it.(my first question still stands too)

Author:   Heretic
Date:   Sep 27, 10 at 4:45pm (PST)
It was not his sword, it was just a different form of the sword that was used for evil.

Date:   Sep 29, 10 at 2:04am (PST)
were getting off topic here.Back on topic... so how did he come back if you destroyed his soul shell? did he use some kind of ancient magic? did someone ressurect him? How?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.