Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Black Room - General Discussion [I] - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30896/t635623-black-room-general-discussion/5.htm

Author:   mekid21
Date:   Feb 17, 06 at 1:02am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Black Room - General Discussion [I]
-------------------------------------------
yeah, deviant art has so many amazing shots, most will let you use their work for whatever you want as long is it doesn't bring you $$ or you never claim it as your own.

Author:   Punkness
Date:   Feb 21, 06 at 1:39am (PST)
Sssssso....Things are going kind of slow, aren't they? I've also noticed that there's probably the same amount or more posts in the "What's the Picture" or whatever thread than in the Portfolios. We should really get some comments going out, it'd up the post average. Also, we should get some contests going, to get some people to start taking pictures.

I'll start it off by commenting in a few ports...

Author:   Fifth Column
Date:   Feb 22, 06 at 3:57pm (PST)
Guys, now that we have our own forum I'm going to start doing a "Featured Artist" every week, where I'll select one picture of someone's portfolio and put it in the header and link to their thread. I think it would be a good way to help liven things up in here and bring all of us a little closer together.

Not sure if it would work better if we all nominated and voted profiles every week or if myself or someone else just picked a featured artist, so give me your imput on that as to which system you guys would rather see. I'm all for giving everyone an equal say in the process, but it just depends as to who's actually going to be willing to participate in it every week. So let me know.

Also, now that we have moved to a new forum it might be a little while before everyone finds their way over here. It would help if you guys could advertise for the forum in any way you see fit and appropriate, such as in your sig banners and so on.

Author:   Audacity
Date:   Feb 22, 06 at 4:31pm (PST)
quote Fifth Column
but it just depends as to who's actually going to be willing to participate in it every week. So let me know.
I'd be willing to vote each week, if you want. Although personally having someone - or yourself - pick out a member would be best in my opinion. It's just a nice little idea which, I agree, would bring our community tighter together. But if the voting was open to everyone, they could just nominate their best neofriends so that they can have the spotlight for a week. Which would basically be the complete opposite of making us become closer together. Also, having someone pick out a great photograph in an unknown member's portfolio would encourage us to visit their work, if they don't already. That's just my viewpoint on it anyway.

And thanks for the avatar compliment, I've been busy (lazy) lately so I couldn't reply to your NeoPM.

Author:   S568010892Z
Date:   Feb 22, 06 at 4:37pm (PST)
WOW.

That is one sexy header.

Good job, Tuscan. Quality shot.

Date:   Feb 22, 06 at 4:40pm (PST)
quote Audacity
And thanks for the avatar compliment, I've been busy (lazy) lately so I couldn't reply to your NeoPM.
The Goldberg I knew would've PMed me back. You've changed.

And yeah, the only thing I don't want to see during the voting stuff is people doing the whole "you vote for me and I'll vote for you" type of plot, or bugging their friends to come to the forum just to vote for them. Hopefully there won't be anything like that, and seeing as the Weekly Photographer's Challenge is also based on votes, I'm going to wait and see how that goes before deciding whether or not to have it where people vote on the Featured Artist. I'm basically just going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to voting though for now, seeing as we do have a really good community already and I trust everyone enough to do things legitimately.

Haha, and yeah, Senor, that picture absolutely blew me away when I first saw it. Not saying everyone else hasn't posted awesome stuff as well, but that one just really stuck out to me as a kickass shot.

Author:   Tuscan
Date:   Feb 22, 06 at 5:12pm (PST)
Ooh just noticed the header, thanks

Author:   Q22
Date:   Feb 22, 06 at 8:53pm (PST)
Quality shot Tuscan .

Date:   Feb 24, 06 at 2:20am (PST)
For the record, this thread doesn't HAVE to be constantly on the topic of photography. Like most general discussions in non-gaming forums, this thread is more or less intended to be an on/off-topic discussion, as long as people remain mature about it and still post constructively.

So, what bands is everyone in to now? I've got Two Gallants fever.

Author:   Pyroguy
Date:   Feb 24, 06 at 3:29am (PST)
I still need to buy that album. I'm into Shabutie (Coheed & Cambria's old name/band) at the moment. X10 sent me some insanely rare tracks from them the other day, that's all I've been listening to since.

Date:   Feb 24, 06 at 4:46pm (PST)
X10's like a rare music track god, it's crazy. Note: I'm only saying that because I'm still worshipping him for hooking me up with the Brand New demos, haha.

I've been meaning to get the new Coheed CD for awhile now. I just haven't yet. But I'll probably get that and Death Cab's new cd once I cash this week's paycheck. I could use a couple new bands on my playlist.

Author:   Audacity
Date:   Feb 24, 06 at 5:10pm (PST)
quote Fifth Column
Me too, thanks to you. Well, mainly because of Steady Rollin' & Las Cruces Jail. Although, the band of the moment for me has to be The Strokes. Can't stop listening to them - insanely good.

Author:   Tuscan
Date:   Feb 24, 06 at 7:56pm (PST)
quote Fifth Column
Not sure I've heard of them. Who do they sound like?

I'm into Goo Goo Dolls and Ocean Colour Scene at the moment, they've released some great songs. Some Mew mixed in too (not sure if anyone's heard of them?)

Date:   Feb 24, 06 at 8:52pm (PST)
Go check them out here, Tuscan. You can stream their whole new album. They've got a really unique sound, so it's hard to pin them on anything. But most of the people (with really diverse music tastes) that I've shared them with have really enjoyed them (example: Audacity, as posted above ), so give them a try and let us know what you think.

Did the Goo Goo Dolls release anything new lately? I've always loved them; one of the best "mainstream" (I usually HATE that term, haha) bands ever in my opinion.

Author:   Pyroguy
Date:   Feb 24, 06 at 11:58pm (PST)
quote Fifth Column
X10's like a rare music track god, it's crazy. Note: I'm only saying that because I'm still worshipping him for hooking me up with the Brand New demos, haha.

I've been meaning to get the new Coheed CD for awhile now. I just haven't yet. But I'll probably get that and Death Cab's new cd once I cash this week's paycheck. I could use a couple new bands on my playlist.
He actually is really good for finding rare tracks though, haha. He has his fair share of rare stuff, it's crazy. Buying Coheed's new album and Death Cab's at the same time sounds like an instant win.

On a none music note (HAHA, get it?), my youth minister's going to hire me to make a webpage for the church.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.