Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Working on Cropping. Tips, Suggestions, Comments, etc. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30896/t1768853-working-on-cropping-tips-suggestions-comments-etc/

Author:   standard
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 7:16pm (PST)
Subject:   Working on Cropping. Tips, Suggestions, Comments, etc.
-------------------------------------------
Feeling a little artsy, I decided to try my hand at actually cropping photographs, and editing to suit taste for the photo. Suggestions, comments, tips anything appreciated I really am beginning to understand how a great photograph is not necessarily taken, but cropped and made.

Constructive criticism is notably accepted as well on anything, as always should be!p

Author:   GDP
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 6:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Working on Cropping. Tips, Suggestions, Comments, etc.
The cropped photos you've displayed certainly enhance to original photographs, however also look into composition methods, such as the Rule of Thirds, Rule of Odds, Leading Lines, etc... to really highlight various focal points.

Also, whereas it can work with some images, don't get into a habit of placing a thick black boarder with your images.

Author:   Ellipsis
Date:   Dec 12, 12 at 6:06pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Working on Cropping. Tips, Suggestions, Comments, etc.
Lovely portfolio you've got there!

Yes, cropping and other forms of editing can significantly enhance an image but the idea is not to rely entirely on editing software to make your photographs eye-catching. The point is to try your absolute hardest to get your initial photo at the very point and angle and distance you want it to be a) so you don't have to spend hours slaving over the editing process and b) so it's just more natural and original.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.