Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 10 Photoshop No-Nos - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30896/t1751547-10-photoshop-no-nos/

Author:   Narphinean
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 2:40pm (PST)
Subject:   10 Photoshop No-Nos
-------------------------------------------
Linkage

Every Photoshop user has probably done one of these things at least once - hell, starting out I did all of them at one point or another - but it's always good to remember what to avoid when editing photos because it's easy to go overboard.

Anyone even seen these no-nos in someone's photos, or been guilty of some of them yourselves?

Author:   ctrl
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 2:44pm (PST)
Subject:   re: 10 Photoshop No-Nos
I've seen people do #4 on this site waaay too often. *cough* Dxnation *cough*

Author:   Narphinean
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 2:57pm (PST)
Haha, that was one of my biggest issues with my editing skills starting out too! I would always think "ARGH I NEED COLOR DAMMIT" and it would usually end up looking like a Dayglow party exploded all over it.

Author:   ctrl
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 3:07pm (PST)
I'm not going to lie, I would time-to-time increase the contrast for a bit more depth. Which would also saturate too much with shading/shadows.

Author:   dxnation
Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 7:02am (PST)
quote ctrl
I've seen people do #4 on this site waaay too often. *cough* Dxnation *cough*

Guilty as charged! Need something to help mask my true, English vampire, complexion!

Author:   EllenBurgess
Date:   Jun 19, 13 at 2:43am (PST)
great list !

I am an portrait photographer and I rarely retouch my portraits. Usually, sunlight and natural expressions, that's all i do, however, sometimes, clients make special demands that their acne, wrinkles, blemishes be wiped out. Sometimes, such demands end up transforming my photos into animated faces and strangely, clients like that !!
A friend of mine is into wedding photography and once he lost a project because of overuse of saturation and action-filters..
Another photoshop abuse is 'watermarking'. Really, there is flood of DSLR owners who just click everything and spend most of their time watermarking it and uploading it on social networking sites.

Author:   speedy_2
Date:   Jul 12, 13 at 11:34am (PST)
#11 - Faux-HDR

Author:   Samus
Date:   Jul 26, 13 at 2:38pm (PST)
Ahhh I used to be especially guilty of #4 and #6. If only I'd had this list when I started out.

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Dec 31, 13 at 6:45am (PST)
Color splashes are by far the most overdone effects IMO. Half the time they're so poorly done and you can tell if someone did it on a mobile app or an online tool.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.