Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Community Portfolio - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30896/t1705627-community-portfolio/2.htm

Author:   Justin
Date:   Dec 29, 11 at 7:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: Community Portfolio
-------------------------------------------
Tell me about it. XD Half the work was getting it to fly in the first place!

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Dec 29, 11 at 2:20pm (PST)

Author:   standard
Date:   Dec 29, 11 at 11:17pm (PST)
Love those pictures Justin. You made the comment about over-doing effects, but I really enjoy the 'environment' that the editing/effects you have create.

Author:   ctrl
Date:   Dec 31, 11 at 7:44am (PST)
I have come to blow your minds. Well not really. I'm not good with mind-blowjobs. Anywho.

Date:   Dec 31, 11 at 8:15am (PST)
Do you do the graffiti that you always photograph? I love the way you immortalize pieces of work that are usually degraded and otherwise left alone, though.

Where do you take these shots? In a town like mine you can never find actual graffiti artists like that.

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Dec 31, 11 at 2:45pm (PST)
Speaking of graffiti!

Date:   Dec 31, 11 at 3:11pm (PST)
quote Justin
Do you do the graffiti that you always photograph? I love the way you immortalize pieces of work that are usually degraded and otherwise left alone, though.

Where do you take these shots? In a town like mine you can never find actual graffiti artists like that.
Nah, I can't do it beyond calligraphy. But in my city, there is a strong artistic base especially with graffiti so any good work I appreciate and photograph. The one beyond the plexiglass is actually a Banksy tag. Check these out. And not only that, but he went to war with this ANTI-graffiti artist known as "The Grey Ghost" and he goes around and puts grey paint over graffiti tags in the city. He's gotten into a lot of trouble in the past for actually painting over paid-for work.

Author:   Ari
Date:   Jan 02, 12 at 5:29pm (PST)
Speaking of speaking of graffiti;

I had visited my hometown (which I've been away from for a good ten years) a bit before new year's. The ones above were taken under two giant electricity towers. The popping and crackling in the air above me is something I hope I'll never forget. Here are a few more noteworthy photos from that day.

Also, PA, I'm really digging the aesthetic you've got going on in your post post on this page. The natural light lends itself to such a clean and authentic feeling in your pictures. Nice work!

Date:   Jan 07, 12 at 6:58am (PST)

Date:   Jan 07, 12 at 7:00am (PST)
Sweet picture. I also like the heart one, Ari. Does anyone know if I can get an IMG code somewhere whilst using an iPhone?

Date:   Jan 07, 12 at 7:06am (PST)
Like the image url? Dunno. You can on the droid. :-/

Date:   Jan 09, 12 at 4:59am (PST)
Looking for some constructive criticism! I understand that some of these are really horrible, but I'm pretty new at this and would really enjoy some real C&C. Thanks in advance, everyone! :>

Author:   standard
Date:   Jan 09, 12 at 9:57pm (PST)
I still love your style Justin, how raw the pictures are. I can't really constructively find much to say (Though i'm sure others may find something!), as your style is somewhat unique and that gives the pictures character.

Here's a few more shots with my 50mm of my car.

Author:   Ari
Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 4:20am (PST)
Here's a bit to get you started, Justin .

I hope I was able to help!

Date:   Jan 10, 12 at 6:04am (PST)
Definitely helps, Ari. The sad thing is that I am familiar with rule of thirds but never quite understood it (and still need to because you're definition didn't make all that much sense to me XD). I took photo-1 as a freshman last year and the teacher basically said, "don't center your focus point," and left it at that.

All these pictures are taken with the iPhone, too, so I'm not uploading them to the computer and using photoshop (which I don't even have, honestly). I prefer the iPhone over a very old digital camera I was given by my grandma because I always have it with me and because the apps can edit the photo much better than my computer without programs can. I'm using an app to highlight the focus points like I did with the glass and ocean one.

I would really like to learn how to use a camera, though, too, as I hope to someday upgrade from the one I have. Especially if I continue to use this and enjoy it.

Do you know of any free programs on the computer I could download that'll help? I have problems to begin with using camera and all the different features, though. Mainly why I prefer the iPhone. XD

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.