Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Photographer's Championship - page 19

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30896/t1619512-photographers-championship/19.htm

Author:   Aranu
Date:   Oct 31, 11 at 6:44am (PST)
Subject:   re: Photographer's Championship
-------------------------------------------
A panning photo I took during our annual cruise weekend in August. I chose to take a photo of the cops that was watching all the people and watching to make sure that nobody was peeling out or messing about in general.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Nov 10, 11 at 4:35am (PST)
Really good panning photo, by the way! ^ ;D Hopefully those aren't the only entries. Would be really nice to get as many entries in as we possibly can.

Speaking of which, would anyone be interested in writing an article publicising this in the Neo Newspaper, by chance? Couldn't hurt to try!

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Nov 10, 11 at 4:46am (PST)
I think Aranu just gave us all a reason to never, ever participate in this competition again. lol.

Author:   Mr Gamerboy
Date:   Apr 28, 12 at 5:06am (PST)
what's the next round gonna be?
i need to bust out my powershot A560

Author:   ctrl
Date:   Apr 28, 12 at 11:56am (PST)
Notifications have been sent out to those that have participated in the forum, and mainly in the previous competitions. I am giving nonstop CPR to the forum until I can resuscitate activity and discussion in here. Thought I'd bring back this fun-filled feature.

I would like you guys to decide on a new category, and we will get this shin-dig underway. I believe I'm going to make it about two competitions a month, so someones winner will be showcased for up-to 2 weeks, which will also give individuals time to search for Kodak Moments. I don't think stretching the deadline will be occuring that much anymore because I think that is what inevitably stifles the competitions to begin with.

Author:   Twilight
Date:   Apr 28, 12 at 10:51pm (PST)
I would have something to do on this site since everywhere else is boring. And since I'm looking into taking a photography class once I start college; this fall. Would give me time to practice, with my admittedly shit camera, but whatever. As for a new category, I honestly haven't a clue. I personally suck photographing people, so maybe the category could be your biggest weakness as a photographer? Just a thought.

Date:   Apr 29, 12 at 3:14am (PST)
quote Twilight
I would have something to do on this site since everywhere else is boring. And since I'm looking into taking a photography class once I start college; this fall. Would give me time to practice, with my admittedly shit camera, but whatever. As for a new category, I honestly haven't a clue. I personally suck photographing people, so maybe the category could be your biggest weakness as a photographer? Just a thought.
looks like i'm gonna be photographing fast moving objects

Date:   Apr 30, 12 at 12:20pm (PST)
Twilight that's a cool suggestion. Second that.

Date:   Apr 30, 12 at 2:52pm (PST)
So you both are saying that as long as is it a well-taken photograph, that's all you want to matter? I think that's cool since we don't really have the participation of enough individuals to be picky.

Date:   May 02, 12 at 12:28pm (PST)
It sounds like it. Plus it'd give us the chance to perhaps get better at our weaknesses in photography.

Date:   May 05, 12 at 10:45am (PST)
I say go for it. I'm still trying to get this forum organized, and it sucks that it's apathy that is keeping people from participating.

Date:   May 16, 12 at 10:46am (PST)
Yeah where'd the forum's locals all disappear to? Euphoric

ctrl when will the competition begin?

Date:   May 16, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
Paranoid Android, as soon as we have enough competitors to combine their power to form Captain Planet. How about you help me advertise in any/all photo album threads on the site, notifying people. Then let's meet back here and set a date that will probably begin in the next day or so with a deadline within 10 days?

Author:   Euphoric
Date:   May 16, 12 at 4:38pm (PST)
quote Paranoid Android
Yeah where'd the forum's locals all disappear to? Euphoric
Super busy at the moment. I was away for a fortnight filming for a short film I'm making. Not had much time for photos. I'll post the film when I'm done though I used my DSLR and the cinematography is kind of cool in parts I think.

I may or may not be able to submit something. I've taken a few photos recently so post the round and I'll see what I can do.

Date:   May 23, 12 at 4:41am (PST)
so...
will photos that have been on this forum before be allowed to enter?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.