Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Photographer's Championship - page 17

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30896/t1619512-photographers-championship/17.htm

Author:   Ari
Date:   Sep 19, 11 at 8:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Photographer's Championship
-------------------------------------------
Awesome! I'll put some thought into it tonight and I'll post what I come up with tomorrow.

Edit: I've been thinking; in my writing class, we've been going over an essay based on seeing the "artificial obvious" versus the "natural obvious." Basically, the natural obvious is what is plain to see; the sun, the billboard, the tree. The artificial obvious is what you won't necessarily notice at first, and may not notice at all; the penny on the sidewalk, the bird hidden in the bush, the way the sun hits the tree at a specific angle at a specific time...I think that would be a pretty cool theme for this round.
To sum all of that up, I'd like this theme to be about the little things that possibly nobody, except you in your serendipity, have noticed. Feel free to paraphrase that.

Author:   Naked Snak3
Date:   Sep 21, 11 at 8:22pm (PST)
Sort of like another perspective theme? Is that what you are going for?

Author:   standard
Date:   Sep 21, 11 at 11:17pm (PST)
Perspective, yes.. but in a way that you express your perspective that the majority might not notice. Small details, the finer things.

Date:   Sep 22, 11 at 1:22am (PST)
Sounds good to me.

Date:   Sep 22, 11 at 5:02pm (PST)
quote standard
Perspective, yes.. but in a way that you express your perspective that the majority might not notice. Small details, the finer things.
Exactly what I was going for. You summed it up quite nicely; thank you!

quote Naked Snak3
Sounds good to me.
Glad to hear!

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Sep 22, 11 at 8:52pm (PST)
Great idea for a theme, makes things a lot more creative. ;D

When's the deadline, ctrl?

Author:   ctrl
Date:   Sep 23, 11 at 4:40am (PST)
How does the 6th of October sound for everyone?

Date:   Sep 25, 11 at 4:37pm (PST)

How it relates: What you see on the outside may be the opposite from what you see on the inside.
Edits: Just slapped on the top and bottom bars. =D

Author:   Justin
Date:   Sep 27, 11 at 4:33am (PST)
I've been dying to enter this, so I really hope this fits in with the theme! I have some of my pictures on my gallery, but lucky me got my SD card - reader messed up, again, so I can't exactly go out and take more pictures. .__.;

The Pencil - When reading an essay, journal, blog, etc., the audience only cares for what the words mean and how they affect them. This piece focuses not on the words written on the piece of paper, but rather the device used to write the words.

Again, I think this stretches the theme, so just give me a shout if it's too farfetched.

Author:   livstme
Date:   Sep 30, 11 at 7:45pm (PST)
I might try enter this but I don't really get the theme so I'm gonna wait and see what kind of stuff other people are entering

Date:   Oct 01, 11 at 2:26pm (PST)
quote livstme
I might try enter this but I don't really get the theme so I'm gonna wait and see what kind of stuff other people are entering
Hmm basically, the theme is to take a shot of something that you see about a particular thing that not everyone does. Sort of like "the small things in life"/your perspective.

I hope I explained that correct...

Ari, standard, ShinyMilotic, McClubbin, SlangX, Naked Snak3, Chekkaa, SC_adept, peachjars, windowlicker, Captain Canuck, Alpha, Skadoosh, livstme, U N B E A T E N, lewis584, Whiteout, Capn Droid, Xyn, SlangX, Aranu

Any entries? :33

Date:   Oct 06, 11 at 3:29am (PST)
Sure thing! I've been a pretty busy with schoolwork, but there's an earlier image in my gallery that could work.

Reasoning: A friend and I were taking a walk in a park / creek sort of thing not too long ago. We stopped and were just looking over the guardrails at the water when I saw this image. At first, I really dug the way the light was dynamically framing the center plant in the water, as well as how nicely such a range of warm / cool colors fit in. Then I looked a bit closer, and saw that the little specks that I mistook for spores, seeds, or the like were moving, and I was just a tad creeped out.

...I wonder if they drowned.
Probably.

Date:   Oct 06, 11 at 6:56am (PST)
Is that a lady bug in the center? lol

I'll try and get in a picture soon. Been swamped with school work, but I may have a chance to snap some shots this weekend.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Oct 08, 11 at 2:14am (PST)
Deadline...? ^^; You guys always have really awesome entries. They're always making me want to take more pictures. XD

Date:   Oct 10, 11 at 3:29pm (PST)
Ari, the judge cannot submit an entry.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.