Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Photographer's Championship - page 13

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30896/t1619512-photographers-championship/13.htm

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jul 08, 11 at 4:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: Photographer's Championship
-------------------------------------------
Does this even count? I'm not sure. COMPLETE photo-nub right here, so don't eat me alive, please DX I just got this really old camera, and this was the lowest light - photo I had, so if it doesn't make the cut, sorry, I tried! :c

Took on vacation a couple weeks back; it was in this valley of complete ferns/other plants. Cool place. No edits done to it at all.

Did I miss anything?

Author:   Alpha
Date:   Jul 08, 11 at 11:46am (PST)
quote Euphoric
round VII

theme: Night Time/Low Light
    deadline: SUNDAY 17th July
    judge: Vena

As said the interpretation of the theme will be a little looser this time around to accomodate gear that doesn't perform well in low light situations. Get creative. Night time doesn't necessarily have to be low light. And low light doesn't necessarily have to be dark.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jul 08, 11 at 5:33pm (PST)
Is that for me? ;o 'Cause I'm not even sure what 'low light' is, and what pictures qualify as low light. Would just like to know if my picture qualifies?

Author:   ctrl
Date:   Jul 08, 11 at 5:42pm (PST)
I would assume it means at night outside with no real light-sources or flashes. Capture the night.

Author:   yoshimitsu220
Date:   Jul 08, 11 at 9:39pm (PST)
quote ctrl
I would assume it means at night outside with no real light-sources or flashes. Capture the night.
Does mine still count? It was captured in low light, but I used lights for the picture.

Author:   Euphoric
Date:   Jul 09, 11 at 1:15am (PST)
Justin, you're picture does not qualify as low light. Part of the image is overexposed due to an abundance of light. Low light could be done during the day but you'd have to be a hell of a lot deeper in the woods than you were for that shot I'm afraid. Sorry mate.

yoshimitsu220 yours is fine mate.

Author:   SC_adept
Date:   Jul 10, 11 at 1:49am (PST)
Fancy myself some night pictures actually, Ill try and get something this week, tomorrow maybe...

Author:   ctrl
Date:   Jul 10, 11 at 6:18pm (PST)
I'm sorta in a rush before I go to work. I updated the forum's header, but I have to re-map the links to the images in it. And here is my entry for this theme. Are we supposed to explain what we did to the original image or link the original? Either way, I cropped it to a more wide-panel frame and rotated the image slightly to level it out and increased the contrast slightly to give the buildings more definition. It is actually one of the last images I pulled from my camera before it got stolen.

Entry:

Author:   Naked Snak3
Date:   Jul 10, 11 at 6:36pm (PST)

Took this shot during 4th of July. Edits include contrast, highlights and shadows. The wind was horrible that day. Ended up choking on smoke and ash and by the end of the show the smoke actually started to mask the actual fireworks. Before that I managed to snap a few decent shots.

Author:   Vena
Date:   Jul 15, 11 at 2:40am (PST)
oh lord hi people im sorry but i can't judge this, i don't have the time to do it. im sorry guys, someone else can judge this round

Author:   Bright Blue Yoshi
Date:   Jul 15, 11 at 7:41pm (PST)

Description: Took this about 9pm about an hour and a half after the sunset. I used a 15 second shutter speed and a cool white balance. It was pitch black except for the various lanterns around the building.

Edits: Added border and resized. No other edits. =]
------------

Edit 6/17/11- Changed my entry

Author:   Euphoric
Date:   Jul 16, 11 at 1:12am (PST)
I've been too busy to go get the shot I wanted so I'll happily judge again.

Author:   standard
Date:   Jul 17, 11 at 10:28pm (PST)
I've been so busy with work and stuff lately But fortunately I was able to pick up a DSLR finally yesterday so expect to see some shots!

Everyone has been really posting some nice stuff I digg!

Author:   Bright Blue Yoshi
Date:   Jul 23, 11 at 5:21pm (PST)
So how are the themes picked for this contest? Does everyone just throw around ideas and it goes to a vote?

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Jul 23, 11 at 5:34pm (PST)
Pretty much, we can suggest a theme and vote on them after the winner has been announced for each round! I imagine that Euphoric has been pretty busy to judge the round right now though (round ended last week) :/

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.