Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: can the PS3 play the ps2 grand theft auto games? (3, VC, SA, etc) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30444/t872343-ps3-play-ps2-grand-theft-auto-games-3-vc-sa-etc/

Author:   Nihilanth1982
Date:   Apr 14, 07 at 10:18am (PST)
Subject:   can the PS3 play the ps2 grand theft auto games? (3, VC, SA, etc)
-------------------------------------------
to those who already own a ps3..

can it play the ps2 grand theft auto games - GTA3, VC, SA, LCS, VCS? are there any backward compatibility problems with any of these games?

i dont have one which is why i'm asking the question :-D thanks

Author:   Toninho
Date:   Apr 14, 07 at 12:03pm (PST)
Subject:   re: can the PS3 play the ps2 grand theft auto games? (3, VC, SA, etc)
I was playing San Andreas yesterday, and every now and then there was a bit of a slowdown and a few pauses here and there. It's playable, but not perfect. Don't know about any of the others though.

Author:   ulitmate taz
Date:   Apr 14, 07 at 12:20pm (PST)
Subject:   re: can the PS3 play the ps2 grand theft auto games? (3, VC, SA, etc)
Well i've been playing Vice City, and have not seen any problems.

I've not bothered playing GTA III, SA, LCS or VCS yet, so i would not know.

This message was edited by ulitmate taz on Apr 14 2007.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Apr 14, 07 at 7:10pm (PST)
I'm not sure, but I think all of those games are compatable? I thought I saw them on the list...but I think, certain versions of each, run a little differently...Some have certain problems running on the PS3 -_-

This is why I'll be keeping my PS2, to play games my PS3 can't, or has a lot of trouble with, playing ^_^;;

Kind of Ironic...keeping a PS2, because the PS3 can't play certain games, that it can play -_-

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.