Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Neoseeker Platinum Trophy Leaderboards + Chat/Help #20 - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30444/t1760520-neoseeker-platinum-trophy-leaderboards-chat-help-20/6.htm

Author:   HunterKiller666
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 7:36am (PST)
Subject:   re: Neoseeker Platinum Trophy Leaderboards + Chat/Help #20
-------------------------------------------
I also make sure to unlock the next animal as my top priority, but at the same time I also try to do as many challenges and make it as far as I can. It is next to impossible to do all the challenges until you unlock the bigger animals I think.

The chick is tricky to play, but after you get multiple chicks be sure to take over a territory asap so you can get a flock of chickens. If you get spotted by a predator as a chick it's pretty much instant death so you really gotta be stealthy. I played really well that time and actually lived past year 30 as the chick. I don't think I'll play it again anytime soon though, maybe do it as a challenge after I unlock the rest of the animals.

I switched back to playing predator again and managed to unlock the retriever. Then I go to kill the tosa boss and got completed owned. The tosas are too freaking strong and the charging move they do is totally OP. I went in with 4 dogs and they all died almost simultaneously within a matter of seconds

Author:   Markimus_123
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 11:01am (PST)
Just had another shot at it myself after about a week of not playing, managed to unlock the Tosa this time, the boss was in a different area than usual which I didn't know was possible, must be random and the twice I'd tried before was just coincidentally in the same place, don't really like the Tosa as a playable animal though, quite slow to move and attack and it's hunger bar goes down quite quickly, just about managed to unlock the Wolf though so I'll be trying that out next time

Author:   Pauliepoos
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 12:14pm (PST)
What is Tokyo Jungle, as in RPG, action, stealth game, etc? I'm considering getting it.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 12:26pm (PST)
quote Pauliepoos
What is Tokyo Jungle, as in RPG, action, stealth game, etc? I'm considering getting it.
I guess if you could even call this a genre it's survival/action, mainly survival but the action comes into it when you have to hunt for food or escape predators and such.

Author:   HunterKiller666
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 12:34pm (PST)
It's a mix bag of all of the above really. You take control of an animal of your choice, and your goal is to survive in the game as long as possible. You should look up some playthrough videos to see what the game is about. That's what convinced me to buy the game.

Author:   jbh
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 4:13pm (PST)
Got a majority of the dick about trophies in RE6 now, just focusing on playing the game. Then it's just on to Professional and the more time consuming trophies.

And for what it's worth, I'm really enjoying the game. Even Chris' campaign which I was really not expecting to enjoy after the demo and vids etc. It had a really good story as well. So far the game's an 8.5 in my book. And Mercs is addictive as *bleep*, wasn't really a fan of it in 5, liked it in 4. Mercs in 6 shits on them both from a great height though.

Author:   Mnmfan
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 6:55pm (PST)
quote HunterKiller666
I also make sure to unlock the next animal as my top priority, but at the same time I also try to do as many challenges and make it as far as I can. It is next to impossible to do all the challenges until you unlock the bigger animals I think.

The chick is tricky to play, but after you get multiple chicks be sure to take over a territory asap so you can get a flock of chickens. If you get spotted by a predator as a chick it's pretty much instant death so you really gotta be stealthy. I played really well that time and actually lived past year 30 as the chick. I don't think I'll play it again anytime soon though, maybe do it as a challenge after I unlock the rest of the animals.

I switched back to playing predator again and managed to unlock the retriever. Then I go to kill the tosa boss and got completed owned. The tosas are too freaking strong and the charging move they do is totally OP. I went in with 4 dogs and they all died almost simultaneously within a matter of seconds
Guess I must've gotten lucky with the Tosa boss cause I got a Clean Kill on him. I just wanna unlock the good animals like the horse, rhino, lion, tiger etc etc. All these small pathetic animals are boring to play with after a while. From what I remember the unlock order from the Chick is something like Chick > Rabbit > Porcupine > Chimpanzee > Lion > Puma. Pretty sure the Velocoraptor unlocks after a while on that unlock tree too.
At least I think that's the order. Might need to check again.

Pauliepoos it's hard to slot it into a specific genre really. It's a bit of everything.
Basically the story is that humans have become extinct and animals are left to fend for themselves in an abandoned Tokyo city. The whole point of the game is to survive for as long as you can. You start off with just 2 animals to choose from. A small dog and a deer. The dog is a predator so he can attack other animals and fight to survive whereas the deer is a herbivore which means you need to avoid predators and confrontations and use stealth to get around the city. You can take over territory which unlocks a 'nest' in that area and then you can bring a female back to the nest to mate and you then take control of your offspring.
It's pretty good and unlocking all the animals becomes very addictive. It's like Pokemon, just gotta catch em all.

Author:   Pauliepoos
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:42pm (PST)
Sod it, i'll get it. I was a bit hesitant because i've just wasted 16 notes on Starhawk, which on first impressions, seems average at best.......No, in fact, it seems pretty shit really.

Author:   Mnmfan
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 10:21pm (PST)
Yeah Starhawk could'nt keep me interested either. I just really REALLY hate the Build & Battle stuff. It completely ruins the game. Especially online where everyone is building the same stuff and before you know it your entire base is filled with 10 bunkers and 20 sniper towers. Just give me a gun and a handful of mines and I'm happy. I don't want to decorate the map, I just wanna fight.

Anyway, Just got the Tony Hawks platinum. A pretty easy plat especially if you're a fan of the series. The only 2 things that gave me a bit of trouble was finding all skateboards in Downhill Jam (really hate the level) and doing the 'Aint Afraid Of No Ghosts' trophy. That one took me quite a few attempts.
As for the game itself, it was average. I don't understand why they took so much out. Without reverts it's pointless to go up a quarter pipe if you wanna do a combo. Wall Plants are also absent. They were pretty handy in the past. The game felt very bare-bones. It lacked the humour from past games and I was pissed that no videos unlock after beating it. Getting to see the Bails Videos was my main motivation in past Tony Hawk games.

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 3:02pm (PST)
Borderlands 2 is amazingly fun.. Definitely going to Plat it...

Resident Evil 6.... I've done 2 of Leon's chapters... Don't feel like continuing. Well... At least the hoody is warm. And the badges look cool on my shelf. The game though.. Shoot, melee, QTE, shoot, melee QTE... I've killed more enemies in the two chapters I've gone through, than in one playthrough of RE5..

And, my head starts to hurt after 20 or so minutes of RE6...

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 3:12pm (PST)
quote Coi Cki
Resident Evil 6.... I've done 2 of Leon's chapters... Don't feel like continuing. Well... At least the hoody is warm. And the badges look cool on my shelf. The game though.. Shoot, melee, QTE, shoot, melee QTE... I've killed more enemies in the two chapters I've gone through, than in one playthrough of RE5..

And, my head starts to hurt after 20 or so minutes of RE6...
And in what was supposed to be the more survival horror oriented campaign...that being said though the game is growing on me, unless the other 2 campaigns are stupid awful I don't think it deserves the horrible reviews it's getting at all, I've reached the last chapter for Leon but haven't started it and while it does have too many QTEs and I'm only really playing a chapter each session I have started to enjoy it more than what I was in the first few chapters. I can sort of relate to the head hurting though, my eyes get sore after playing it for a while, not sure why :/

Author:   jbh
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 6:24pm (PST)
quote Markimus_123
I can sort of relate to the head hurting though, my eyes get sore after playing it for a while, not sure why :/
I saw someone mention this the other day, I think it's the dynamic HUD. It moves with your gameplay, this was a common complaint with Syndicate a while back too. I've adjusted to it, although I think it's changeable anyway.

Also, bare in mind guys that the chapters are far longer than RE5's in most cases. So more enemies would likely be the case.

The thing I liked about Leon's first 2 chapters was the way they put 1 or 2 zombies here and there for ages, then 10-15 minutes later a whole hoard would come out of nowhere. I'm a little sad the campaign got so actiony towards the end. I thought the first 2 chapters were really atmospheric and cool. The 3rd and 4th reminded me a lot of RE4 though, which isn't such a bad thing.

My problem with the last 2 were... Well, I won't spoil it. Story wise they were very well done but... A certain someone ruined it for me.

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 2:24am (PST)
So far Tall Oaks has definitely been the best part of the game (completed Leon's and Chris' so far). Some really intense moments, like:

Author:   Hurricarno
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 9:05am (PST)
Been Playing some Dragon Age: Origins after 2 years of originally starting it, due to having very few games left that I haven't completed. Still finding it hard to understand the game mechanics as everything seems very complicated, thus I'm dying alot on normal difficulty. I hope to at least finish a play-through this time, but Platinum seems pretty complicated to get as well, so I'm not sure how far I'll get with that. I have the Ultimate edition too, so I might attempt the DLC at some point as well.

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 11:15am (PST)
First playthrough of Borderlands 2 completed... 41 out of 51 trophies.. not bad. Chose Axton for the first go, Zer0 for the second.

Looking forward to Gaige the Mechromancer..

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.