Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Game Suggestions Thread 3 - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30444/t1650722-game-suggestions-thread-3/8.htm

Author:   Aeirou
Date:   Aug 14, 11 at 2:57pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Game Suggestions Thread 3
-------------------------------------------
quote jbh
Nevermore yes definitely, they're releasing at retail at the end of the month.
end of September*

Author:   jbh
Date:   Aug 15, 11 at 12:06am (PST)
quote Aeirou
quote jbh
Nevermore yes definitely, they're releasing at retail at the end of the month.
end of September*
Balls

Author:   Paradox
Date:   Aug 15, 11 at 12:11am (PST)
Can anyone recommend a unique FPS or third person shooter that's not the typical "war" game? I love Bad Company 2 and games similar but I'm tired of that. I tried playing Crysis 2 but couldn't get into it, I kept comparing it to Crysis and eventually returned it (...it wasn't very good)

Author:   ShadowGuard
Date:   Aug 15, 11 at 12:49am (PST)
Crysis 2 was a great game, comparing it to Crysis seems to be a personal problem...

Non-standard shooters... there really arent any.
Alpha Protocol (I personally did not like it though)
Army of Two
Bodycount
Borderlands
Brink
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (about to get it myself, looks really good)
FEAR series (horror games)
Just Cause 2
Mass Effect series is great
Vanquish (short game though, if you can get it a little cheaper, it is a great game)

Bad Company 2 is just another standard shooter to be honest.

Date:   Aug 15, 11 at 2:55am (PST)
quote ShadowGuard
Crysis 2 was a great game, comparing it to Crysis seems to be a personal problem...

I'm going to pick up Vanquish then, I heard it was really fun.

I thought you didn't like wRPGs ShadowGuard? Never knew you were a fan of Deus Ex. I played the Human Revolution leak and it was amazing, Eidos has really outdone themselves and I'm glad they made a sequel worthy of the first Deus Ex, which is my favorite RPG of all time. I'm glad Square left it alone and didn't try to change the game into something it wasn't.

Author:   Seeker X
Date:   Aug 15, 11 at 4:39am (PST)
For "unique" FPS's, that's hard to find.

Off the top of my head is Starbreeze's The Darkness and Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (mostly for the remake of Escape from Butcher Bay), or Metro 2033 which was probably the inspiration for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games which are also amazing games.

Author:   ShadowGuard
Date:   Aug 16, 11 at 11:42pm (PST)
quote Paradox
quote ShadowGuard

I'm going to pick up Vanquish then, I heard it was really fun.

I thought you didn't like wRPGs ShadowGuard? Never knew you were a fan of Deus Ex. I played the Human Revolution leak and it was amazing, Eidos has really outdone themselves and I'm glad they made a sequel worthy of the first Deus Ex, which is my favorite RPG of all time. I'm glad Square left it alone and didn't try to change the game into something it wasn't.

I do not like most wRPGs because they usually suck with story and all these new gamers actually think it has an awesome story. I loved Mass Effect and would even consider Mass Effect 2 one of my top 3 favorite games of all time. Besides I consider Deus Ex, from what I have seen, to be more of a shooter with RPG elements. I do not hate ALL wRPGs, but I do hate most of them.

Date:   Aug 17, 11 at 3:06am (PST)
ShadowGuard It's a pretty hardcore rpg actually, not much free roam though. Basically sort of linear with a lot of choices, in the first DE aiming was shit until you put points into it.

Date:   Aug 23, 11 at 1:13am (PST)
Trying to keep my gamefly Q filled. Suggested anything worth playing.

I don't like fighting or racing games.

Author:   Lukas
Date:   Aug 23, 11 at 1:24am (PST)
quote Aeirou
Trying to keep my gamefly Q filled. Suggested anything worth playing.
El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron
Catherine
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon

If you got a Move, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise would be a great game to use it with... but if you don't, don't get the game because there are points where you have to rotate the analog sticks... Mario Party 1 style...

Author:   Critical Damage 9999
Date:   Aug 23, 11 at 10:33pm (PST)
Hey, what are some very fun games on the PSN store? I just got castle crashers and have 35 dollars left on the PSN store, I dont know if I want to get the 20 dollar add on for need for speed so wondering if there is something else I can buy.

Author:   Markimus_123
Date:   Aug 24, 11 at 10:55am (PST)
quote Critical Damage 9999
Hey, what are some very fun games on the PSN store? I just got castle crashers and have 35 dollars left on the PSN store, I dont know if I want to get the 20 dollar add on for need for speed so wondering if there is something else I can buy.
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars is a really fun game, it's football/soccer with rc cars, it's great to play with friends, and it has a tournament mode for single player and different minigame scenarios to beat, I think that's £8 or $12(Not 100% sure on that). Dead Nation is also a really good game to get, top-down view zombie survival where you need to go through the levels surviving, again that's a good game for co-op too

Date:   Aug 24, 11 at 4:45pm (PST)
quote Critical Damage 9999
Borderlands.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Aug 26, 11 at 4:48am (PST)
Getting a PS3 this weekend, mostly because I want Madden 12 when it comes out Tuesday. Never had a PS3 before, only a 360. So, need some good games to get. Looking mostly at exclusive and games that came out recently (within the past 3-4 months mostly). Games I definitely want:

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Grand Turismo 5
Ratchet and Clank
Little Big Planet

...anything else?

Date:   Aug 28, 11 at 7:38am (PST)
quote Wilhelm Ryan
Getting a PS3 this weekend, mostly because I want Madden 12 when it comes out Tuesday. Never had a PS3 before, only a 360. So, need some good games to get. Looking mostly at exclusive and games that came out recently (within the past 3-4 months mostly). Games I definitely want:

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Grand Turismo 5
Ratchet and Clank
Little Big Planet

...anything else?
Demon's Souls
InFamous

May not have come out in the past 4 months but you can play demon's souls like it was day 1 because there's still a lot of people hanging around on it. It wont feel any different than I felt on release day.

InFamous is another 20ish dollar title that is fun to mess around with but can be more repetitive than anything you've currently listed.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.