Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Game Suggestions Thread 3 - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30444/t1650722-game-suggestions-thread-3/3.htm

Author:   Markimus_123
Date:   May 28, 11 at 10:59pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Game Suggestions Thread 3
-------------------------------------------
quote Deception
quote Markimus_123
Dammit, running out of ideas here God of War Collection and/or God of War 3?
I refuse to play the God of War series until my best mate stops refusing to play Heavy Rain.

quote unclebobert87
Final Fantasy XIII?
I'm actually really interested in this, but I'm afraid it'll kill my PS3. My PS3 is already in bad shape.
LOL fair enough, and is yours an original PS3 or a Slim? If it's a slim I wouldn't worry too much about FFXIII, I've got over 170 hours on it and I've had no problems, not sure if that's different for people with an original PS3 though

Author:   Deception
Date:   May 28, 11 at 11:02pm (PST)
quote Markimus_123
quote Deception
quote Markimus_123
Dammit, running out of ideas here God of War Collection and/or God of War 3?
I refuse to play the God of War series until my best mate stops refusing to play Heavy Rain.

quote unclebobert87
Final Fantasy XIII?
I'm actually really interested in this, but I'm afraid it'll kill my PS3. My PS3 is already in bad shape.
LOL fair enough, and is yours an original PS3 or a Slim? If it's a slim I wouldn't worry too much about FFXIII, I've got over 170 hours on it and I've had no problems, not sure if that's different for people with an original PS3 though
I've had an 80 gig fat for the past 3 years, and it's been making heaps of funny noises, getting really loud and stuff.

Author:   Markimus_123
Date:   May 28, 11 at 11:05pm (PST)
Ah that sucks, I'm not sure how many people reported that it broke their console, so I can't really give you any advice on whether or not to risk it or not, someone else may know though

Date:   May 28, 11 at 11:21pm (PST)
I think I might steer clear until my PS3 does inevitably die, and I get a slim.

I'm thinking of giving the Tomb Raider collection a go. The only one I've ever really played was the first one, and even that was a good 10 11 years ago. Is it any good?

This message was edited by Deception on May 28 2011.

Author:   unclebobert87
Date:   May 29, 11 at 2:38am (PST)
If i was to believe everything on the internet, i wouldn't buy games, as they all break the PS3. No single game breaks the PS3, people just blame the game they was playing at the time.

And FF XIII, the problem was with people saving and reloading all the time, which wouldn't help at all.

Make sure the PS3 is a nice ventilated place, and hoover the vents now and then. But, everything has to die at some point, but its usually down to how well its looked after, to how long it lives, unless struck with an unfortunate virus.

I need to stop posting when i'm tired, i chat too much irrelevant shit

Author:   jbh
Date:   May 29, 11 at 4:05am (PST)
Deception, Legends is pretty pimp.

Angel Of Darkness was the best and I don't think it's on there though

Date:   May 29, 11 at 6:46am (PST)
quote jbh
Deception, Legends is pretty pimp.

Angel Of Darkness was the best and I don't think it's on there though
Well, I remembered that I never actually finished any of the PoP games, only got about halfway through each so I bought that collection, and also the Tomb Raider collection, I'm yet to try either. For anyone who cares I also bought Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Predator 1,2,3 and AVP 1&2, all those movies were $50 in a boxset except Predator 3 which I bought seperate for $15. Still a pretty pimp deal if you ask me, overall for $150 I got 6 games and 9 movies, the movies are all the 2 disc special edition/ directors cuts too.

edit*
Played some Tomb Raider Legend , surprisingly really good game. I can't stand games that force you to use auto aim, but in Tomb Raider it's cool.

This message was edited by Deception on May 29 2011.

Date:   May 29, 11 at 11:26am (PST)
Deception nice deals.

You've never played TR before? D:

Author:   da warrior666
Date:   May 29, 11 at 7:56pm (PST)
theres a list of games i already want and i want to know if anyone can suggest some great games to add to my list hell maybe even convince to save money and take a game of my list, my list is composed of,btw this is my ps3 games only

1.Infamous 2
2.deadspace 2
3.uncharted 3
4.mortal kombat
5.Brink
6.assassins creed revaluations
7. L.A Noire(maybe)

any suggestions?

Date:   May 29, 11 at 8:14pm (PST)
quote da warrior666
theres a list of games i already want and i want to know if anyone can suggest some great games to add to my list hell maybe even convince to save money and take a game of my list, my list is composed of,btw this is my ps3 games only

1.Infamous 2
2.deadspace 2
3.uncharted 3
4.mortal kombat
5.Brink
7. L.A Noire(maybe)

any suggestions?
Brink sounds pretty shit, got terrible reviews, both professional and player. I'd suggest knocking that off your list. Eeverything else is great choices though.

quote jbh
You've never played TR before? D:
Other then a little bit of the first one when I was like 5, nope

Author:   DarshD
Date:   Jun 06, 11 at 10:47am (PST)
quote da warrior666

1.Infamous 2
2.deadspace 2
3.uncharted 3
4.mortal kombat
5.Brink
7. L.A Noire(maybe)

any suggestions?
You should kick the "Brink" out of your list like Deception said and all the other games are best of this year (get Uncharted 3, inFamous 2, Dead Space 2 and L.A.Noire now)

You would also like-

Author:   Two_Step
Date:   Jun 07, 11 at 10:57pm (PST)
Is Nier as bad as everyone says it is? I've been meaning to check that game out for a while now but I don't want to be wasting my time if its not that great.

Date:   Jun 08, 11 at 4:53am (PST)
quote Two_Step
Is Nier as bad as everyone says it is? I've been meaning to check that game out for a while now but I don't want to be wasting my time if its not that great.
I've heard both very good and very bad things, my suggestion would be to look at gameplay on YouTube.

Author:   Courtney
Date:   Jun 18, 11 at 1:42am (PST)
I'm not sure I'm doing this right but I need serious help! I just got a game for my dad for Father's day and I don't know if I got the right one. He plays games on PS3 & XBOX360 like call of duty, Socom, and something about Las Vegas. As you can see I'm clearly in the dark. I got him a game called TimeShift and I want to know if that was a good idea. Should I return it and get something else? Is it good for him to play and actually like? Money isn't really a big deal but cheaper is better because I don't have a job, I'm 16 and I know NOTHING about PS3(I prefer Wii) and any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS sorry for the long post and sorry if it's in the wrong section or if I broke any rules let me know

Author:   Paradox
Date:   Jun 18, 11 at 1:52am (PST)
quote Two_Step
It got pretty good player-reception. It's a great JRPG imo.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.