Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Game Suggestions Thread 3 - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30444/t1650722-game-suggestions-thread-3/

Author:   Red 9
Date:   May 21, 11 at 7:02pm (PST)
Subject:   The Game Suggestions Thread 3
-------------------------------------------
Continued from Here:

Last 3 posts:

quote Deception
quote Paradox
Alright guys, I'm looking for a good single player experience (RPG, sandbox, or even a shooter/racing game) for really cheap, preferably under $25. It's okay if it's a little short.

I've played Oblivion, all of the Fallout's, RDR.... I was thinking about buying Vanquish or re-buying GTAIV just to mess around.
Yeah the two expansions are definitely a good idea if you haven't played them already, together they are longer then GTA IV, and I found them to be a lot better then GTA IV.
quote Aragorn Vzla
quote Paradox
I'm looking for a good single player experience (RPG, sandbox, or even a shooter/racing game) for really cheap
if you managed to get a copy of mass effect 2 get it, i don't now how expensive it is at this moment but it's definitely a very good single player experience. You could get Assassins Creed 2 also, that one should be pretty cheap and is a good game if you haven't played.

Edit: you could get also Demon's Souls for under 25$ i believe, also remember that one of the things that drag down vanquish was the gameplay time. I read that it's like 8 hours and it doesn't have much else after you finish the campaign.
quote Paradox
quote Aragorn Vzla
quote Paradox
I'm looking for a good single player experience (RPG, sandbox, or even a shooter/racing game) for really cheap
if you managed to get a copy of mass effect 2 get it, i don't now how expensive it is at this moment but it's definitely a very good single player experience. You could get Assassins Creed 2 also, that one should be pretty cheap and is a good game if you haven't played.

Edit: you could get also Demon's Souls for under 25$ i believe, also remember that one of the things that drag down vanquish was the gameplay time. I read that it's like 8 hours and it doesn't have much else after you finish the campaign.
I've played and liked all of those games, but thanks anyways I rebought GTAIV with the expansions and I'm having a blast. Also went ahead and bought Vanquish, haven't tried it yet.

Author:   Fraser
Date:   May 22, 11 at 3:25am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Game Suggestions Thread 3
Anyone recommend a new game or two for me?
I like RPG's, shooters and action style games. I know that pretty much includes everything but sport games though so that's not much help. I'm thinking Arkham Asylum, Sly Trilogy, Dragon Age: Origins or Heavy Rain and similar games.

Author:   Cyanide
Date:   May 22, 11 at 3:28am (PST)
How about Portal 2 or LA Noire?

Maybe even Killzone 3?

Date:   May 22, 11 at 3:38am (PST)
Yeah but I don't particularly want to spend $120.

Author:   Cyanide
Date:   May 22, 11 at 3:42am (PST)
....?

You can get Portal 2 and LA Noire for $50 and Killzone 3 for $40 on Amazon.

Besides, you have a $400 console.

Author:   Bale Fire
Date:   May 22, 11 at 4:00am (PST)
He might be from Australia/New Zealand, where new games are usually $90 each if not more.

Of the games you've listed Fraser, I've only played the Sly Trilogy. I liked it a lot, but I've heard nothing but good things about Arkham Asylum. So yeah one of those two.

Date:   May 22, 11 at 7:22am (PST)
Yeah Cyanide, $120. Stupid Australia
Anyway I picked up Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age Origins and EB Games had 3 for 2 thing going on so I got God Of War 3 for free.

Author:   jbh
Date:   May 22, 11 at 9:21am (PST)
quote Fraser
Anyway I picked up Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age Origins and EB Games had 3 for 2 thing going on so I got God Of War 3 for free.
Nice.

Author:   Aragorn Vzla
Date:   May 23, 11 at 12:07am (PST)
Wow, God of War 3 for free sounds pretty good. Nice deal indeed.

Date:   May 23, 11 at 8:07am (PST)
I know, I'm pretty happy.

Author:   DarshD
Date:   May 23, 11 at 11:04am (PST)
quote Fraser
Lucky guy! Have fun now!
Why games are expensive in Australia? Tax?

Author:   jbh
Date:   May 23, 11 at 5:16pm (PST)
quote DarshD
quote Fraser
Lucky guy! Have fun now!
Corruption.

Author:   unclebobert87
Date:   May 24, 11 at 3:46am (PST)
I'm looking for a game that will keep my interest for a long time, as i'm not a person to have a big collection of games (I currently have 4)

I want something that will take a long time to finish, or not finish as is the case with games like FIFA. I've currently been playing GT5 for 6 months on and off, and i don't want it to be the only game i go back to after playing something for a couple of hours.

If you understand all that jibberish and where i'm coming from, i enjoy Sports games, racing (F1 GT5), RPG (Yakuza 3, FF XIII), and games like Tomb Raider and Prince of Percia

Author:   Lukas
Date:   May 24, 11 at 4:00am (PST)
Just Cause 2
Valkyria Chronicles
MAYBE White Knight Chronicles?

Umm.. sadly, that's all I can think of, aside from GTA4, but something tells me you have it.

Date:   May 24, 11 at 8:43am (PST)
[u][/u]
quote DarshD
quote Fraser
Lucky guy! Have fun now!
Thanks dude, I don't know why games are so expensive here. We have a dollar stronger than America's and our EB Games and your Gamestop are exactly the same, maybe they're just trying to take the piss out of us...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.