Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: | - [ "Save Data Destroyed!"?! ] - | - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2969/t1513268-save-data-destroyed/

Author:   DXD
Date:   Apr 16, 10 at 11:06pm (PST)
Subject:   | - [ "Save Data Destroyed!"?! ] - |
-------------------------------------------
So I decided to check on my long-since completed Red Version today and to my dismay, the message "Save Data Destroyed!" showed up before I could make it to the "Continue" screen and completely erased my profile! ;_;

I was no doubt annoyed and upset at this and would really like to know what could have possible caused this so a similar fate will not fall onto my Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal Versions. I have previously used the Missingno glitch and a couple GBC AR codes on this game in the past.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Apr 17, 10 at 12:54am (PST)
Subject:   re: | - [ "Save Data Destroyed!"?! ] - |
i belvie that i know from where your problem is, your probably turned off the GB/GBC/GBA/GBA SP in the middle of saving

Author:   GamerAddict7796
Date:   Apr 18, 10 at 8:34am (PST)
Or maybe using cheats destroyed the simple GameBoy game!

Author:   DXD
Date:   Apr 20, 10 at 8:17am (PST)
I'm going to go with Duncan Idaho's suggestion since AR codes and the Missingno glitch are not commonly known to randomly corrupt your game over two years after you've utilized them both.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Apr 20, 10 at 11:51pm (PST)
quote DXD
I'm going to go with Duncan Idaho's suggestion since AR codes and the Missingno glitch are not commonly known to randomly corrupt your game over two years after you've utilized them both.

please call me Duncan, anyhow ninty saves are know to be easly corrupted, i dont know why tough, im betting my bucks on the next theory the data gets erased by the game failing to completly overwrite the values and this cuases a corruption, if not done correctly im theorizing nintendo provided for a fix for this kind of "mistake" so if there somethign between 50% to 99% of the data only a warning and the previous data is loaded, if there is anything lower, it would erase the data to not compromise the rest of the game data?

Author:   Oh yeah im cool
Date:   Nov 13, 11 at 5:51pm (PST)
Next time, watch out how you use/how much you do cheats. It also might be that you haven't played it in awhile, so it forgot your profile.

Author:   AxeLea
Date:   Dec 05, 11 at 5:24am (PST)
Cheats almost NEVER affect your game. The only time it would was if you put in a code wrong. Also, it's a computer. It doesn't simply "forget" a profile.

Author:   awesomeusername
Date:   Dec 18, 11 at 10:52pm (PST)
I know exactly why this happens. In GBC game cartriges there is a small battery like thing that stores the memory. If the battery starts to ware out, then the memory will start to stop working properly. There's a large possibility that it will just stop saving completely, but it would have to be really worn out for that to happen. However I heard there's a way to get that fixed.

Date:   Jan 06, 12 at 10:23pm (PST)
quote AxeLea
Also, it's a computer. It doesn't simply "forget" a profile.
Sorry, I'm just 8, and I didn't know it was a 'computer', I thought it was just a regular old 'game boy colour'.

Author:   AxeLea
Date:   Jan 06, 12 at 10:50pm (PST)
quote Oh yeah im cool
quote AxeLea
Also, it's a computer. It doesn't simply "forget" a profile.
Sorry, I'm just 8, and I didn't know it was a 'computer', I thought it was just a regular old 'game boy colour'.
It is but it has computer chips in it. To store the data.

Date:   Jan 12, 12 at 12:15am (PST)
Ah, so it, well, its probably your CHEATS that affected your game.

Author:   Xelrog T Apocalypse
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 10:23am (PST)
Question's been answered. It wasn't the cheats - it was the game being turned off in the middle of saving. This is an established result for Generation 1 games.

And it has nothing to do with the battery. If the battery had died, the "Continue" option would have just disappeared - no warning or corruption notice.

Date:   Apr 04, 12 at 2:22pm (PST)
It happened to my Game Boy now.......except I know why, someone bashed into it and... well... the game probably broke because of the pressure in the bash/when it fell on the ground. Got it over with, they still owe me though >

Author:   Toffee8899
Date:   Feb 15, 13 at 11:22am (PST)
Sorry if i bumped this thread but the battery may be dead/dry and need replacing , unfortunatley, this will not restore your game save

Author:   Xelrog T Apocalypse
Date:   Feb 15, 13 at 1:06pm (PST)
Question's been resolved. Nearly three full years ago. Pretty sure he's not still actively waiting for a response.

Also, I just stated above: If it were a dead save battery, he wouldn't have received a "corrupted file" notice. There would just be no Continue option at all.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.