Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Killing a Yian Kut-Ku - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/28151/t706622-killing-yian-kut-ku/2.htm

Author:   IGN_KutKuScale
Date:   Jul 04, 06 at 8:32pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Killing a Yian Kut-Ku
-------------------------------------------
1.Ok when he looks at you then throw the flash bombs buy his face....
2.hit him enough he will fly into the air
3.attack from his left hand side! then roll when he does his tail swipe... Hope this helps but if you still have problems post again

Author:   bouledogue
Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 4:24am (PST)
use flash bombs with caution he will still hit you stunned i find it much easier to stay under him and make a very cheap helmet that i use all the time well unles im using hammer but make protection peircing it has auto block and it will be a life saver

Author:   Excalibur
Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 4:27am (PST)
€ - One good thing i do is that i watch the Kut ku's movements, if it starts running into a rampage and suddenly "trips" i plant a sm or lg bomb, and when it's stunned i whack some good slices before it's head goes on a steaming rampage

Author:   ms
Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 5:30pm (PST)
thx I will try using these strategies on him P.S. my armour that i use for him is thid:
battle cap
battle mail
velociprey greaves
battle gauntlets
and i use an assassins dagger (green)

Author:   Monster Slayer
Date:   Jul 06, 06 at 3:07pm (PST)
hello, i am ms - i got an account yesterday. thx everyone i killed the kut-ku last night! now all i have to do is kill the one in the forst and hills - shouldnt be that hard with my pitfall traps, lrg barrlebombs, smll barrelbombs and assains dagger. is there any different strategies that i should use for fighting this beastie in the hills?

This message was edited by Monster Slayer on Jul 06 2006.

Author:   sirlude
Date:   Jul 06, 06 at 3:22pm (PST)
Its not over yet!!! keep at it, that forest and hills is the first blue kut ku right? When i first started I use that mission as pratice. I beat it like 4 times in a row, next thing i knew, I could beat that kut ku without any bombs and without too much potion! This game is so much more easy after that pratice that i fly thru the missions to white monoblos.

So keep picking on that blue kutku it'll really help you get thru this game with no problems.

Author:   XzFate
Date:   Jul 06, 06 at 3:33pm (PST)
I would just use the posion batlle axe. I killed it really fast with that weapon.

Date:   Jul 06, 06 at 4:42pm (PST)
thx ill try that. just now tho, i tried it but gave up as i had only 10 minutes left - i got it to limp but then it kept flying off and i couldnt find it. i am now trying again. hopefully i will keep track of it this time!

This message was merged with other messages by Hell_Fire (moderator)

Author:   Jonathongs
Date:   Jul 07, 06 at 10:57am (PST)
Can anyone tell me what area is best to kill kut ku in?

Author:   nichi92
Date:   Jul 07, 06 at 11:26am (PST)
in forerst and hills i like killing it in area 3, in the jungle any place is a bit harder to kill because of all the bushes so u cant see much.

Author:   XzFate
Date:   Jul 07, 06 at 5:18pm (PST)
When it starts to limp it means its almost dead but you prob. know that but when its almost dead it goes to zone 5.

Date:   Jul 07, 06 at 7:10pm (PST)
thx i tried a few mor times but cant get it to limp again, dam it! keep tring tho

Author:   IGN_KutKuScale
Date:   Jul 07, 06 at 8:04pm (PST)
quote XzFate
I would just use the posion batlle axe. I killed it really fast with that weapon.
you realize he cannot posibly have the PBA yet he hasnt fought gypceros

Author:   Elghanz
Date:   Aug 24, 06 at 9:41pm (PST)
I had a 30 minute fight with this thing just a mintue ago. Just managed to kill it.

I used no traps and only 1 Lgbarrel (Threw a stone at it and just managed to get him with it ) I went to the training thing and now i cant kill the Kut-ku again. It gives you a Serpent blade and its SO slow >.<.

I hadnt read any guides before so it was a constant struggle for me, had to spend 10 mins evading all the moves to see what he does .

Anyway practise makes perfect i guess, i'll keep trying . Although i wish i could use my Velo armour + Assassins blade in the training sessions XD

Author:   Elghanz
Date:   Aug 25, 06 at 1:59am (PST)
Boo ya! Killed the blue one too!

It's slightly easier with the traps

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.