Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Beat It? Your Thoughts? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/26852/t1536427-beat-your-thoughts/

Author:   Shadow6000
Date:   Jun 02, 10 at 2:27am (PST)
Subject:   Beat It? Your Thoughts?
-------------------------------------------
So I beat Alan Wake and I loved it. Very good story line, weapons (and system) make me extremely nostalgic of the first Max Payne game. Breathtaking views/graphics/locale, etc. Engaging, exciting.

One aspect though that could have improved: the Driving. The steering on the cars is very sensitive and cars can spin out easily. Other than that, the game was beautiful and amazing. I give it an A with the likes of Max Payne, Dead Space, and dare I say Resident Evil 5.

Your thoughts?

Author:   HEADHITSflm
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 5:24pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Beat It? Your Thoughts?
It was a good game. Short but fun. I think I beat it in a few days of playing on normal. Usually I hate playing with the flashlight but this one was actually fun. I'm going to go back and play certain episodes.

I even thought of it a bit like Heavy Rain with the cinematics.

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   Jun 04, 10 at 4:57am (PST)
Pretty damn good imo..... it doesn't beat out other Survival Horror games, but it was *bleep*ing awesome . Should've been a bit more polished with the time they had to develop it, though :/.....

NOTE: No one, and I mean no one, should play this game on Normal. It takes WAAAAAYYY too much out of the experience. Play on Hard and Nightmare only, kiddies ......

Author:   LibraStone
Date:   Jun 06, 10 at 6:34pm (PST)
My son and I beat the game in a day and a half. It was so-so, I'd say wait until the price drops to about thirty bucks. Not enough different types of baddies, just swarm after swarm of Taken and not too much to distinguish one from the other. The birds become annoying, and you can only witness so many things fall out of the sky. Voice acting was a bit corny, and it was a pain to have to follow people around when they're walking as slow as molasses and blathering about who cares what.

I agree that it was a fun ride, but way too short. I'd rent it first.

Author:   Wy Li E3
Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 5:45am (PST)
It was shit. Shoulda been a TV show, woulda been so much better.

Author:   Illuminati4Hire
Date:   Jun 19, 10 at 11:49pm (PST)
It was absolutely fantastic.

Alan Wake has a story that is rich and full of ambiguity, which I appreciate. I love a thinking man's story; one that doesn't just reveal itself and makes you think. Alan Wake does this and it's full of memorable characters. It's a journey that felt like it was crafted with so much heart and soul.

Alan Wake is truly a one of a kind experience and one of my favorite games ever. I don't say this much, but this game truly raised my expectations of what I expect out of a game this generation.

Author:   Centurion
Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 5:02pm (PST)
What I loved most about this game was its scenery. I often stopped up while playing to just take in the view - even in the darkness it shines - beautiful. I couldn't help to think of Twin Peaks when going through this.

Author:   zXsharinganXz
Date:   Mar 10, 11 at 4:39pm (PST)
quote Wy Li E3
It is kinda like someone is telling a story and you are in it..... So it is kinda a TV show too I guess....

Author:   Daweii
Date:   Mar 10, 11 at 7:51pm (PST)
It wasn't that great. I tried to enjoy it and I just couldn't which is a shame as I was one of the people that back in 2005 was supporting this project.

Date:   Mar 10, 11 at 7:51pm (PST)
quote zXsharinganXz
quote Wy Li E3
It is kinda like someone is telling a story and you are in it..... So it is kinda a TV show too I guess....
By this I meant I'd rather be watching it develop as a tv series, without me having to run through the same forest every level, doing the same thing. A story like that needs depth, unfortunately the gameplay they provided didn't cover it. Hence its repetitiveness.

Author:   Daweii
Date:   Mar 17, 11 at 7:32pm (PST)
quote Wy Li E3
Hence its repetitiveness.
Would have also helped itself out if 90% of the game didn't take place in a dark forest. I mean it was tense for the first 10 minutes until I realised the forest was going to be my home for the remainder of the game, very very repetitive location.

Date:   Mar 18, 11 at 12:19am (PST)
quote Daweii
quote Wy Li E3
Hence its repetitiveness.
Would have also helped itself out if 90% of the game didn't take place in a dark forest. I mean it was tense for the first 10 minutes until I realised the forest was going to be my home for the remainder of the game, very very repetitive location.
I agree. They could have expanded it when you arrived at the port. It looked like a good setting. Even something like gathering information from the locals, browsing shops, roaming the village, ANYTHING. Sadly it just remained a "Go here to continue the story" mission.

It was such a let down. So much potential.

Author:   zXsharinganXz
Date:   Mar 28, 11 at 5:30pm (PST)
1 sentece.......

Alan Wake open world game.

Author:   Ragic
Date:   May 30, 11 at 12:41pm (PST)
Beat it on hard mode, very fun. I liked that it was a quick adventure game, don't need to spend 40+ hours on every game.
Very detailed storyline, but i have to agree with another poster about how boring it is to walk behind some of those characters as you're going to the next step.
Loved the manuscripts, going through on nightmare mode to get the rest to find out more of the story. I need the achievements, otherwise I'd get bored and just find them online... Not like the good ol' days!

Author:   romanski
Date:   Nov 23, 11 at 3:19pm (PST)
I liked the dark feel and setting of this game. The graphics are very nice. I beat it in 7 or 8 hours on the easiest setting. I hope that next alan wake game (if they release one more) will be a more open world.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.