Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Developer QA - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/26836/t708396-developer-qa/11.htm

Author:   ESO_K1NG
Date:   Jul 18, 06 at 9:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Developer QA
-------------------------------------------
quote Kottonmouth King 1
about the drugs and liquor will there be animations like the character physically taking a blunt and putting it in his mouth and smoking?and can you keep the blunt in your mouth as long as you like?So you could be gang banging with a blunt hanging out of your mouth.
well from what i saw you can only use a bong and you just take a hit and thats it.... o btw thanx a lot for answering our questions stocks

Author:   Hitman3580
Date:   Jul 18, 06 at 9:56pm (PST)
quote Rude_boy_loves_ska
Aw man, Stocks rocks.

Putting up with us and all, I wish there was something we could do in return.
Buy the game?

Author:   Darkel
Date:   Jul 18, 06 at 11:31pm (PST)
quote Kottonmouth King 1
about the drugs and liquor will there be animations like the character physically taking a blunt and putting it in his mouth and smoking?and can you keep the blunt in your mouth as long as you like?So you could be gang banging with a blunt hanging out of your mouth.
There is a French video floating around on YouTube showing the main character lighting up a bong to get high. So I would assume that the answer to your question is no - no blunts.

That being said, Chris Stockman is a god among men.

Author:   intoxication
Date:   Jul 19, 06 at 2:00am (PST)
hmm, I like the sound of the safehouse so far, a little disappointed about the no customation but I guess thats something to look forward to with SR2.

Author:   KrimsonDragon
Date:   Jul 19, 06 at 6:56am (PST)
Freakin' A. If you check out the re-vamped site, this thread is listed in the BUZZ section. Located in the bottom right corner of the main page.

Author:   intoxication
Date:   Jul 19, 06 at 7:33am (PST)
haha, awesome, I didnt even realise that, nice spoting KD. Took me abit to find that it was under "Developer QA", duh..lol

That should bring a few more people to this site/forum.

Author:   Curt Connors
Date:   Jul 19, 06 at 2:07pm (PST)
Maybe we should ask for royalties, as content generators for their site.

Shame they don't give Neo a credit on the site though 'Developer Q&A hosted by Neoseeker' or something similar.

This message was edited by CURTCONNORS on Jul 19 2006.

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Jul 19, 06 at 9:32pm (PST)
We could have been semi-famous.

Our usernames, at least.

Are we the only forum that got the privelige?

If so, that's awsome.

Date:   Jul 20, 06 at 7:43am (PST)
I wonder how many copies they need to sell to make it a big success? That'd be interesting to know

quote Rude_boy_loves_ska
We could have been semi-famous.

Our usernames, at least.

Are we the only forum that got the privelige?

If so, that's awesome.
There are a couple of others Rude Boy, including one with a couple of hilarious posts from this kid, done in fake gangster speak about how his dad's met george bush, and he's proper gangsta.

Author:   Armed Rebel
Date:   Jul 27, 06 at 4:45am (PST)
Chris, donno if you're still visiting here, but I've got a few questions I hope you can answer.

1. I noticed in the demo that cars tend to disappear too easily. Is this changed at all? Just now I had three stars And a few of the police cars were chasing me so I decided to stop and waste them them all. In the process of doing it I was running up to a cop car and it just disappeared. I hope this is only for the demo? If not is it still possible to make last minutes changes? (Answer that last question as well please, I'm curious to know what stage you guys are in )

One thing I really don't like about the notoriety system (I love it, except for this part) is that the levels go down too easy. I love have a long out chase with cops, and now it'll be awesome to have it with gangs, but having a 4 star wanted level (hypothetical here) at one point and then going back down to a 2 star after a few minutes of no killing would really suck. Not having it decrease after you get two starts would be perfect imo.

3. About passing the barrier: did you guys do that on purpose? I think that you guys must have tested to check if you can get past the barrier, and the two ways I know now seem so obvious. Plus, I can't understand why you would include the AK spawn along with that part of the land if you guys didn't want us to get there. I really think you did this on purpose

Anyway, I really hope you're still around to answer these questions I really want to know about. Thanks.

Edit - Chris's last logon is the 18th. I'm definitely emailing them, haha.

This message was edited by Armed Rebel on Jul 26 2006.

Author:   KrimsonDragon
Date:   Jul 27, 06 at 5:34am (PST)
Great questions there AR, make sure to post a reply if you get one.

Author:   BadassNinja
Date:   Jul 27, 06 at 10:20am (PST)
1) How many more weapons can we expect besides the one's in the demo (including the AK-47), and the Rocket Launcher?

2) The ESRB rating says Blood and Gore. What kind of gore can we expect? Decapitations? Limbs? Pieces?

Date:   Jul 27, 06 at 10:29am (PST)
^ From what's been said here and elsewhere about this, the only blood will probably just be Oblivion style splashes, no GTA style blood puddles even. It's always possible there'll be something really nasty in a cutscene though.

Author:   ESO_K1NG
Date:   Jul 27, 06 at 3:04pm (PST)
quote BadassNinja
1) How many more weapons can we expect besides the one's in the demo (including the AK-47), and the Rocket Launcher?

2) The ESRB rating says Blood and Gore. What kind of gore can we expect? Decapitations? Limbs? Pieces?
umm all there is going to be is like a little spray of blood when you shoot people no limbs or decapitations or anything.....even if you shoot them with a rocket launcher they wanted to make the game more "comical" or funny than gory or realistic

Author:   Steel Magnolia
Date:   Jul 27, 06 at 7:04pm (PST)
Probably to keep the rating down as well. Full on gore with these graphics would make it rated 18 immediately, which eliminates a lot of their core demographic.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.