Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Learn from my mistakes - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/25837/t1800926-learn-from-my-mistakes/

Author:   Icantbelieve
Date:   Dec 04, 12 at 3:41am (PST)
Subject:   Learn from my mistakes
-------------------------------------------
To all, please read and by all possible means avoid what I'm fixing to explain what happened to me. Ive been playing rob for not very long. I just found out about out of game trades/transactions no so long ago. I wasn't familiar with process nor that accounts were getting banned. I can only blame my own ignorance. But I purchased items from two sellers and they explained to me how it was done. I post a worthless card on bizarre and ask for the said purchase amount. And I had two accounts at the time. I did one to both. Both times it out weighed the worth by at least 200 hp. Since then I have gotten a couple more accounts through a seller boasting that the best way for sale is for seller to have an account already set up and fellowed to trade this way. Since my first transaction this is only way I have purchased. And made trades between accounts nd even a couple times on bizarre but more reasonable trades. At least to the point that it can be argued that one could have valued a certain item more so that's why trade was made. Not like my first time when it was a 1 hp worth for 250 more item. Which can not be rationally explained. After I found out about bans I was worried at first but after a couple weeks passed I felt safe. All my valuables were in main. Tonight for me two accounts were banned. Both that bizarre trade was made. Others which I made trades of at least double the value were not. From this please take these 3 things don't trade on your main. If possible buy from seller who provides an account to avoid bizarre all together. If you do trade on bizarre make multiple smaller transactions or make trades have a aspect that can be argued to why a trade was made. But this does make the value of a trade change because if you give up a 25 hp item for an 100hp item then you really only gain 75 hp. So it's better by all means to trade with account option. Please don't put yourself in my situation. Thanks for reading.

Author:   yiffie
Date:   Dec 04, 12 at 5:43am (PST)
Subject:   re: Learn from my mistakes
Bumping. Maybe that'll show others what they shouldn't do

Author:   ripple0129
Date:   Dec 04, 12 at 7:02am (PST)
I do a lot of transaction through bazaar.
I got banned 25 accounts last month.
But I don't think bazaar transaction make Rob stuff ban accounts.
Most of my accounts got banned with the same ign but different number behind
Even some of them do not login more than 1 month.
A seller who leave the info in neo, and transfer things to my account through bazaar.
And all got banned accounts related to the seller's cards/items.
So the most problem should be that your supplier leave the clue in neo.
All my customers do not get banned.
Only the seller's account who sell me items/cards and the accounts of mine related to his cards/items got banned.

Author:   IGame
Date:   Dec 04, 12 at 9:50pm (PST)
man dude I know it's tough right now but the unicorn will triumph once again!! Right? Ripple? It sucks bro.. I feel ya!

Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 1:35am (PST)
I'm going to bump this thread for the next few days because this is a big subject. Guys please input so that we can beat the system and play the game how we feel like it to be played.

Author:   rageseller12
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 2:15am (PST)
This has been working pretty flawlessly for me:

First I use kik probably too much. I create a good line of communication, and with some customers who need that extra security or seem trustworthy, I give them my phone number and have a conversation about the process over the phone.

Here are two different ways I've done the trades:

I've been pretty safe doing the bazaar trades for 500ish hp via bazaar with a unique comment. Once I find the trade and the comment, I make sure the buyer is ready for a good 20 minutes of comment switching. Once we've switched the comment a few times and verified that the trade is secured, then we execute the trade.

The second way is I will take an alt, change the password to something they choose, and place the items in the alt. Once they log in they change the password again, and they are responsible for moving the items securely to their account.

Sadly, it is a shady market, so I always ask for the money first which does put pressure on the buyer. But I keep a constant, open line of communication to build the trust.

What happened to you sounds similar to what happens when accounts are reported. My guess is you did a trade with someone shady, who reported the trade to ROB as a phishing (spl?) scam, and ROB returned their items, whilst banning your account in the process since it was the account in contact. The bad news is you got screwed by someone with poor ethics. The only real good thing is that requests like this are only allowed once, and future requests are automatically denied. So the culprit can only do this once per account, but even then, can still inflict some pain and suffering in the process.

My recommendation: communication. Some sellers out there are nice guys. Chat with them, feel them out. If they feel hurried or rushed, or something seems fishy, try talking to another seller. There are many people to choose from if you check the postings. I would avoid people who use just email, as its a slow form of communication. Also, ask them if they will have a brief phone call with you and chat that way. It might be a bit pushing it, but its worth the risk when real money and in game items are on the line.

Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 4:21am (PST)
Up

Author:   GonnaGetIt
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 5:25am (PST)
I've never had this problem or even a banned account and i have done Huge insane amounts of hp and cards on this site buying and selling. Not sure what ya did to draw attention to yourself but have to be careful.

Author:   holty12
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 7:37am (PST)
Hey guys sorry to hear about your bans. I was just wondering if you can get banned for trading cards from secondry accounts to your own via being fellows? Like lets say I have two accounts and on my secondary account I pull a SSR and want to send it to my main account obviously I'm going to send it for lets say 1 rupie. If rage of bahamut saw this transaction could they ban me?

Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 8:39am (PST)
quote holty12
Hey guys sorry to hear about your bans. I was just wondering if you can get banned for trading cards from secondry accounts to your own via being fellows? Like lets say I have two accounts and on my secondary account I pull a SSR and want to send it to my main account obviously I'm going to send it for lets say 1 rupie. If rage of bahamut saw this transaction could they ban me?
For a fact no. I'm in no condition to explain but the answer to your question is no!! Just do it no problem look me up and you'll see my advices are good!!!

Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 8:13pm (PST)
Up this thread because such big lessons are meant yo be learned together. please make input if any similar case had happen to you. thanks igame

Author:   Icantbelieve
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 10:50pm (PST)
Thanks for advice guys. Since then i have found trader which whom set up act for me. I fellowed that act and with a couple of my alts and I make treades like this. And I'm not sure if I was on a flag list or anything. I was only playing game for a couple weeks tops so seems unlikely. And the way I was trading among my alt acts that were getting from this new buyer and sending to my main would have been looked at too. Because the trades always heavily in my mains favor.these accounts are still active. Maybe what was stated above about being reported, maybe by player who has ill feelings to alts or out of game trading could have done so. I would still reccomend getting to know one or even a few sellers who are safe and trustworthy and reusing them with a fellowed account. The bizarre method i believe to be at fault for me. You have to watch mobage and other players who may see a Titan base or equalivant sold for 200 hp and feel someone is getting an advantage they don't use or have. I'm still waiting for mobage to contact me with reasoning and will inform neo members of what they tell me. Good luck to all. And just try to think of the safest way possible that you can actively and happily trade amongst one another. Because there is always that chance you will log on one day and get pissed off so bad you punch the nearest infant or elderly. Ok I wasn't that pissed and that was a joke but you get the picture. Lol. The less possible flags you raise the better, while im sure some people may get away with leaving behind tons of flags and never be touched. It's kind of like a theif in a shopping center, you may be lucky 1000 times but 1001 might not be as lucky. I'm not trying to say I know for sure what ways or best or how people should trade just my thoughts and experience. Thanks again to everyone for advice and taking the time to read.

Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 12:46am (PST)
I would like to add this. From my experience with online games is that there will always be a hack or dupe that causes thousands of accounts to be closed. for instance Diablo2 had something like a couple hundred thousand of accounts closed down from being in the procession of hacked or dupe goods. So far i hear diablo3 is no different. I think every big game like this one will lure quite a bit of unwelcome guests. So guys I've had four accounts closed because i probably traded with others that gave me bad goods when i started trying to make money with diablo3. So be careful who you get in bed with or else you might wake up writing a new news on neo for us to read. That's my input for the day. Thanks... IGame

Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 8:57am (PST)
Bump

Author:   romeocl
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 2:46am (PST)
Thanks for the info bro....i need to b more careful in the future as well

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.