Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Rage of Bahamut Beginners Guide - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/25837/t1745313-rage-of-bahamut-beginners-guide/

Author:   Jerry101
Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 10:21am (PST)
Subject:   Rage of Bahamut Beginners Guide
-------------------------------------------
Here is a quick start guide for all of you that are thinking about or are just starting Rage of Bahamut (RoB).

First off you need to download the app from any apple or android app store and install it on your mobile device. After you sign up and enter your info, you will be asked which alignment you want to be. This is less important than you may think. You can still join any order (guild), have friends of other alignments, or generally interact between alignments with no problem at all. The only bonus to the alignment is that eventually you want all of your cards to be of that same alignment to get a small bonus during PvP. For the most part each alignment has the same type of cards and you can put together a decent deck no matter what you choose. For the particular people, there is a very slight edge for each alignments as follows:

God: Balanced
Man: Defense
Demon: Offense

Once you are done choosing alignment you will be sent to the tutorial, which is very straight forward. Before the end of the tutorial you will be asked to enter a referral code. This is your only chance to do so and you get some great starting bonuses if you do (A rare Angelic Knight card and 100,000 rupies). Every code gets you the same bonuses, so don't be fooled by people who say otherwise. Please use my code if you like the guide My code is ipz66764

Now the fun begins!

I'll start with questing and leveling since this is where you'll be spending your time until at least level 10. First of all, I will try to explain the attribute points.

Stamina: This is how much energy you have to participate in quests. Each time you do a quest you use a certain amount of stamina. Stamina recharges at 1 per 1 minute.

Attack Power: This is used to attack other players in PvP. This does not make you stronger per se. When you build your decks, there required powers of each card. This is how much it costs to use the card either for attack or defense. When you attack another player, it deducts the amount that your cards cost to use from your Attack Power. Attack Power recharges at 1 per 1 minute

Defense Power: This is used to defend yourself from other players' attacks. Again, like Attack Power, Defense Power does not make you any stronger. So long as you have enough Defense Power to use the cards in your deck, you will be able to attempt a defense. The other player may still be stronger and defeat you, but at least you are able to give it a try. Defense Power is used up differently than Attack Power in that every defense you do deducts only 10 Defense Power despite how much it costs to use your deck. Defense Power recharges at 1 per 1 minute.

Now there are several ways to obtain more attribute points and I will list them briefly here:

5 attribute points each time you add a fellow
3 attribute points each time you level up
1 attribute point each time you complete a quest section

I will go onto fellows in a little bit, but first...initial questing and leveling!

cont...

Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 10:39am (PST)
Subject:   re: Rage of Bahamut Beginners Guide
cont....

Questing and Leveling:

Since at this point you are level 1 and can't do much at all, let's get out there and level up through quests! Each time you do a quest you use Stamina. Each quest tells you the amount of Stamina it takes to do the quest. For level 2-1 through 2-5 it only takes you 1 stamina to do each quest. This is partially a lie, but partially true. It is true because you can do the quest in 1 stamina increments if you choose to. However, if you complete the quest in 3 stamina increments you will receive a chest which contains either a card, a treasure, or rupies. In stages 2-1 through 2-5 it takes 10 total stamina to complete each section.

You gain experience towards your next level each time you use stamina and do a quest. The amount of experience you gain is always 1:1 to the amount of stamina you use. Therefore at the same time you complete stage 2-1, you should gain your first level and become level 2

If you notice after you gain this level, your Stamina refills. This happens every time you gain a level and it also happens to your Attack Power and Defense Power. Since until level 10, you can't do much else besides level and quest, you may as well put all of your attribute points into Stamina so that each time you level you don't have to wait X amount of minutes for it to recharge. This makes leveling and progressing extremely quick and easy at the beginning of the game. In fact, I would recommend not putting one attribute point into Attack Power or Defense Power until you have at least 50 into Stamina.

You may notice that on your main page you have a stat called Fellows and it shows 0/5 (or more if you have leveled farther). As I stated before, you get 5 attribute points for each fellow you have so lets go get some fellows to help level up even faster. First off, what are Fellows? Fellows can be anybody in game. At the beginning, just try to ask anyone and everyone to be your fellow to get the attribute points. Eventually your fellows will be your friends, foes, ordermates, and trading partners. You can always drop fellows later, so don't worry about who they are at the early stages of the game they can be replaced . Every two levels you gain, you will be able to add another Fellow. Make sure you continue to take advantage of this.

Now that you've gotten more attribute points and can level through 2-5 fairly quickly what's next? Once you complete 2-5 you'll encounter a boss battle. You must defeat the Boss to continue onto the next section. At early levels it doesn't matter much what card you use, you'll be able to defeat the boss easily. Once the Boss is defeated you will go through a short story sequence and then be able to proceed to quest 3-1. Questing continues in this fashion up until (currently) section 33-5.

Next section: Level 10 and beyond!

cont...

Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 10:57am (PST)
...cont

Level 10 and Beyond!

So now you have quested and leveled up to level 10, now what? At level 10 a lot more options open up. First of all, one of the most important aspects to the game, trading, becomes available. Also, probably the second most important aspect, you can join an Order. Thirdly, you can now do PvP through the Battle section.

First up trading. Trading is how you better your deck of cards and get stronger within the game. You have cards that other people want and vice versa. Here are a few pointers to trades:

1. Holy Powders (HP) and Clear Waters (CW) are very valuable and are the main currency for trading with other players. Do not use these items at low levels since they don't give you as much worth as they can in terms of getting better cards.

2. VERY Generic value list:
9 normal cards are worth 15,000-20,000 rupies
9 high normal cards w/o skills are worth 80,000-100,000 rupies
9 high normal cards w/ skills are worth 2 HP
80,000-120,000 rupies are worth 1 HP
1 HP is worth 2-3 CW
1 rare card is worth about 2 HP
1 high rare card is worth about 25-35 HP
1 S rare card is worth about 4-6 high rare cards
1 SS rare card is worth about 4-6 S rare cards
1 legend card is worth about 4-6 SS rare cards

That is VERY generalized. Before you start trading you should look up trading forums and do a search for the cards you are trading away or looking for. That will give you a better idea of what each card is worth.

2nd up is joining an Order. Orders are very important in terms of combining efforts to do well in events, finding people to trade with, and just being social and making friends. You can join an order at level 10 and create an order at level 20. Within the Order, you can donate treasures or rupies to further level the order. A higher order level allows for more members and more ranks to be distributed amongst the membership. Money that is donated to the Order allows the leader to purchase bonuses for the members. The current bonuses are +5% att/def to each of the different alignments; Man, Demon, and God.

When choosing an Order, the things to look for are level of the order, the number of members currently there, and the bonuses that they already have. Any decent order will have all three bonuses, or will have them shortly.

3rd new option is PvP through the Battle button. Here you can challenge other players to gain honor points. The more honor points you get, the higher rank you achieve. Each Monday, the ranks for the week are tabulated and each participant receives prizes depending on the amount of honor points you collect. You generally receive gems, but if you are high enough ranked can receive card packs to get rare cards or better. Gems can be exchanged for various items, cards, or card packs.

Next up, probably the central aspect to the game...CARDS!!!

I need a break though so i will continue in a little bit.

cont...

Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 11:49am (PST)
...Cont

CARDS!!!

Finally, to the most central portion of the game! Everything revolves around your cards. Getting new and more powerful cards is what makes this game soooo addicting. So without further ado...

How to get cards:

You can get cards a number of ways:

1. Card Packs
2. Questing
3. Rewards
4. Trading

Let's start with card packs. When you start the game you are given a few cards, friendship points, and Legendary card packs. You can redeem card packs by going to the button on the upper right of your screen. The first option is the Friendship pack. These packs contain mostly normal and high normal cards with the very occasional rare sprinkled in. Supposedly you can get high rare cards through friendship packs, but I have yet to see it. Each friendship pack costs 200 friendship points. You earn friendship points by interacting with other players. In addition to that, each day you login to the game you get both 400 friendship points and a free card pack, essentially giving you a total of 3 free cards each time you login.

The second option is the legendary pack. This contains cards of rank rare and higher (supposedly also high normals as well, but again I have yet to see it). You get a total of 4 free legendary card packs as you progress through the game. 1 when you first start, 1 when you beat the first boss, 1 when you reach level 20, and 1 when you reach level 40. You can get more through event rewards or purchase with real world money.Each pack costs approximately 3 dollars or 2 pounds. You can get a small discount by buying in bulk.

In addition to these two packs, there are packs you can earn through referrals or rewards. These other packs typically obtain cards of rank high rare or better.

Method #2 for obtaining cards is through questing. As stated before, each time you complete three "quests" (kill three-five monsters) in a row you obtain a chest which most likely contains a card. You can only obtain normal and high normal cards this way. The first high normal cards begin to appear around quest 15-1 or so.

Method #3 for obtaining cards is through rewards. The first and most common rewards are Treasure Collection Rewards. Every 4 levels there is a new set of treasures you must collect. Each set contains 6 different colors of the same item. Once you collect all 6 colors of that item, you trade them in for a rare or high rare treasure card. These Treasure cards are fairly powerful, but not as powerful (or as tradable) as standard rare and high rare cards. Other rewards you can obtain are through events. Every week or two, there is a new event that lasts a few days. At the end of these events, high ranking players obtain rewards that can include powerful cards. One last way to obtain reward cards is through referrals (you can see my code at the top). For each person you refer to the game that uses your code, you obtain 4 levels of rewards. First is right away, you get 1000 friendship points. When the referred person reaches level 10 you get a Rare card and 100,000 rupies. When the referred person reaches level 30 you get 5 holy powders. When the referred person reaches level 50 you receive a high rare or better card pack!

Method #4 is trading. I talked in detail about it earlier so I won't re-hash it.

Next up: Evolving and Enhancing Cards

cont....

Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 12:05pm (PST)
...cont

Evolving and Enhancing:

This may be the most confusing aspect of the game to beginners (I know it was for me) so try to bear with me. I know most of what I learned was done through experimentation, so play around with some of your normal cards that you don't care much about

Evolving:

Most cards can be evolved up to 4 times. Each evolution gives a card better stats and a high max stat range. In order to evolve a card you need two of the same type of card. I'll use an example to try to explain. Let's use the normal God card, Jiao. There are four evolution cycles of Jiao:

1. Jiao
2. Jiao+
3. Jiao++
4. [Shuddering Scales] Jiao

(Note: as you evolve cards, they can increase rarity level. Most cards only increase rarity on their 4th evolve level, but some increase rarity sooner)

In order to create a Jiao+, you must evolve a Jiao with another Jiao. To create a Jiao++, there are two methods: 1st is to evolve a Jiao+ with a Jiao 2nd is to evolve a Jiao+ with a Jiao+. You can use the same type of method to evolve a Jiao++ into a [Shuddering Scales] Jiao. If you are doing the math at home, you can get to a [Shuddering Scales] Jiao by using anywhere from 4-8 cards of the Jiao family. Using more cards gives the opportunity to create a more powerful card in the end, but only depending on the enhancements that you do. Which leads us to....

Enhancing:

Enhancing is what you do to level up your card and make it more powerful. You do this by "feeding" your main card with other cards which are NOT of the same type. To use the previous example, to enhance a Jiao you can use any cards EXCEPT another Jiao, Jiao+, Jiao++, or [Shuddering Scales] Jiao. Each card has a maximum level it can achieve based on it's rarity. Normal cards can reach level 20, high normal cards can reach level 30, rare cards can reach level 40 and so on, with each higher rarity level able to grow 10 more levels.

Some cards have skills associated with them. These skills are used in PvP only. You can increase skill level of a card by enhancing it with other cards with skills. When you go to enhance the game will tell you the percentage chance you have of increasing the skill level. There are no partial levels, you either gain it or need to try again. Maximum skill level for ALL cards is 10.

Next up: Evolving and Enhancing in combination

...cont

Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 12:23pm (PST)
...cont

Evolving and Enhancing in combination:

In order to create the most powerful cards, you must do a combination of evolving and enhancing. Let's return to our Jiao example. The absolute most powerful form of the Jiao (or any other card) is what is called an 8-14 evo. What this means is that you used 8 cards in the evolution and did a total of 14 max enhances (maximum level) to get to the final form of a [Shuddering Scales] Jiao. Once you get THAT card to maximum level (level 30), it's stats will be Attack: 5170, Defense: 5938.

To do an 8-14 evo takes a LOT of time and Rupies, so it is an uncommon way to get the most out of your cards. You can do very efficient evolutions by using 4-6 evo, 6-2 evo, or 6-4 evo. Using fewer cards, but more max enhancements becomes much more efficient when using more rare and expensive cards. Here are a few examples of the difference in stats between different evolutions of a [Shuddering Scales] Jiao:

8-14: 5170, 5938
6-10: 5150, 5916
6-4: 5104, 5862
6-2: 5056, 5808
4-6: 4995, 5738
4-0: 4477, 5145

As you can see, the difference isn't huge for putting so much time, effort and money in a perfect 8-14 evo. My personal preference is for the 6-2 evo method, but everyone has their own preferences. I can say that any 4-0 evo card is a lot more difficult to trade away for any value as opposed to a 6-2. A 6-2 evo goes for about double the value of a 4-0 evo of the same card.

I forgot to note earlier, whenever you evolve a card, the level of the card AND skill level of the card, both return to 1. It is important to note that it is not worth making any attempt to increase skill level until the card is fully evolved into it's final form because of this. Also worth noting is that while enhancing the fully evolved final form, it's a decent idea to used skilled cards as enhancers if you can afford them. It helps kill two birds with one stone.

Again, I know this section will come off as extremely confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it once you play around a little.

Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 12:25pm (PST)
That's all I have for now. I hope you have enjoyed my guide. If you haven't already finished the tutorial, please use my referral code (ipz66764) as a thank you.

Also, let me know if I left anything out or made some mistakes, I will try to correct them. I also welcome any and all questions and will try to answer them to the best of my ability. If I don't know the answer, I'm sure somebody else here does!

Author:   Ryan104
Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 7:22pm (PST)
Good guide! Let's keep this going!

Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 11:02pm (PST)
Helping all the new peeps

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 11:54am (PST)
You should put something in about events like Holy Wars and the one coming up

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 2:34pm (PST)
OK, here goes...

Events:

Every two weeks or so, there is an event in Rage of Bahamut. First off, I HIGHLY recommend participating in whatever event is going on at the time. It's an extra opportunity to get cards and items, as well as limited edition cards that can be worth a lot via trade. I also recommend holding onto whatever limited edition cards you earn for a little while to get the most value for them in a trade. It seems like right after each event, reward cards are cheap and easy to find, but a couple weeks later and they are highly sought after

Thus far there have been two quest "lines". The first is Holy Wars. This is essentially wars between orders to see who is superior in PvP combat. The basic goal is to earn more holy war points as both and individual and as a cumulative order than anyone else in the game. The higher rank you end up, the better the rewards.

Holy Wars lasts for a total of 72 hours, during which orders participate in hour long skirmishes with other orders. Anyone in the order can declare war on another order. The order that is chosen for you to battle with is somewhat random, but the game tries to match orders that are close together in current holy war rank. I also believe that it's all a matter of timing with who else has recently tried to declare war, but that is an unconfirmed theory.

Anyway, onto the individual skirmishes...The point is to gain more holy war points than the other order in the hour long time span. The winner has their holy war points doubled and get an added bonus of holy war points that all go to the cumulative amount for the entire 72 hour event. The losing order of the skirmish still gets whatever points they earned during that skirmish. So how do you get points? Two ways. 1st is by attacking the opponents castle and walls (PvE). 2nd is by attacking the individual members of the opposing order (PvP). In general, you gain many more holy war points by attacking individual members than by attacking the walls or castle.

For each skirmish, an order can build a wall which consists of 50,000 hit points. Damage done to walls is greatly reduced unless you have specific wall breaking cards. Once the wall is destroyed, all holy war points earned by attacking individual members of the opposing order are DOUBLED. This makes breaking down the walls essential for victory.

But before you can go killing off members of the opposing force, you need to take down a Defense Leader. If an order assigns a Defense Leader, no other member of their order may be attacked until the Defense Leader loses a battle. Then everyone is fair game.

There are other positions that gain bonuses to their order as well as bonuses to the opposing order if they are defeated and they are as follows:

Order Leader: Grants 1.5x the amount of holy war points when defeated
Vice Leader: Grants 1.2x the amount of holy war points when defeated
Attack Leader: Grants 1.2x the amount of holy war points when defeated; Gets an additional boost to Attack
Defense Leader: Grants 1.2x the amount of holy war points when defeated; Gets an additional boost to Defense

....cont

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 3:28pm (PST)
...cont

The second of the two story arcs deals with the resurrection of Fafnir and is all PvE based. I started the game on the last day of the latest part of this event, so have yet to participate in one, so bear with me.

The first portion was the Easter Egg event, in which players race to complete as many event quests as possible. The event quests function very similarly to the current quests where you complete 5 quests and then must defeat a boss. Once you beat the boss you earn rewards. There were 100 levels to complete in the Easter Egg Event. Once those 100 levels were completed, players had the option of replaying the last levels to increase their rank for higher rewards.

The second portion of the Fafnir arc was called The Roar of the Dragons. In this event, players joined forces with their ordermates to defeat several dragons. Rewards were given based on the number of dragons an individual defeats, the number of dragons an order defeats, the amount of damage an individual did to dragons, and the amount of cumulative damage that your order did to dragons.

The third portion of the Fafnir arc is called the Tears of the Moon and is yet to take place. Based on information given by the developers, it sounds like it will run similarly to the Easter Egg event, where players must complete several levels to gain rewards.

Date:   Jul 14, 12 at 6:28am (PST)
Nice!

Maybe you should try to get this in a FAQ or a sticky or something

Date:   Jul 14, 12 at 7:33am (PST)
Doubt it will get stickyed. I may try to do a FAQ but I've never done one before.

Date:   Jul 14, 12 at 9:43pm (PST)
Back up to the top for the evening!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.