Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: aimming / accuracy training - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/25603/t1305049-aimming-accuracy-training/2.htm

Author:   Kat Bide
Date:   Jun 22, 09 at 7:19pm (PST)
Subject:   re: aimming / accuracy training
-------------------------------------------
There is no real trick to aiming other than practice and not making bad habits. Because I snipe in most shooters, GunZ is sometimes a pain due to my having to actually move.

The great this about aiming as that Kstylers can't do ei either, so don't worry. They bitch and call us sprayers but if you seen them under lv5 where they can't use a shotgun yet, they can't aim worth a shit.

Author:   MrGrimm
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 7:29am (PST)
Sniping in GunZ is possible too. Just stand back and use revolvers. It's the main thing I do. Well, kinda.

I K-Style, and I'm slashing with everyone else, but I'm usually the one retreating to put distance between myself and my opponent so I can put a bullet between their eyes. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to aim at someone when they're rushing towards you.

Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 11:05pm (PST)
Exactly. Side-step screws me but when they K towards me it wrecks them. I use Revolvers/Pistols and a Rifle, usually.

Author:   duran1
Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 7:44pm (PST)
I still find it funny that people think Kstylers can't aim.

Date:   Jun 26, 09 at 6:37pm (PST)
That's because they can't. If the shot gun they use spreads, it's a no-brainer that 1 of the 9 bullets is going to hit me from long range. That's not aim, that's lack of aim + compensation. You never see a K styler with a rifle or Machin guns. They use weapnos that spread like the shot gun or the rocket launch which damages people within the area of the blast.

Why?

THEY CAN'T AIM.

On occasion I see them with Revolvers which are decent. They rarely hit but what makes the useful is how strong they are.

I still find it funny that Kstylers call the rest of us sprayers when they themselves NEED to use shotties and rockets.

Author:   Kratos
Date:   Jun 26, 09 at 8:44pm (PST)
quote Kat Bide
That's because they can't.
You're playing scrub K stylers then.

quote Kat Bide
THEY CAN'T AIM.

On occasion I see them with Revolvers which are decent. They rarely hit but what makes the useful is how strong they are.

I still find it funny that Kstylers call the rest of us sprayers when they themselves NEED to use shotties and rockets.
You assume that if people k style, then they automatically can't aim. Well then, you're no better than them. Both "k stylers" and you are clinging on to stupid stereotypes, that never should have been made in the first place. It's a bloody game, deal with it and move on.

I'm not saying there aren't stupid people like that in Gunz, but it doesn't mean that all the k stylers are like that. Hell I used to know a few "sprayers" that were egotistical too, so it's not just k stylers.

Yes I k style'd back in the day. Does that mean I was a bad player? Does that mean I have bad aim? No, I used to play with the best back in iGunz. As a matter of fact back then no one gave a shit about what weapons you used. And why should it matter. I can(or should I say could) use any weapon, ranging from Revs to Shotties to Rifles. One has to wonder why any of this even matter.

This is exactly why I quit.

Note:Dam I didn't mean for this to be a rant.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 3:46am (PST)
I understand. I use rifle/revolver or revolver/pistol or rifle/shotty and no matter the combo if i can kill a K they call me a sprayer. It's like Wow....I mean, I can BF and everything but I don't go Kstyle because I honestly think I'm moving too fast to aim and i actually do have better aim when not doing it. Try slash/shot with a the rifle. doesn't work out so well.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 4:57am (PST)
1. shotguns aren't used because they are easy to use, it's used because they are the best weapons in the game.
2. you rarely see kstylers with other weapons, because other weapons aren't as good as shotguns

guess what the kstylers that whine about spray do when they fight against me? they whine about how i aimbot or godmode or have a level advantage or a bunch of other shit and kick me when i get a kill on them. you're talking about the bottom-feeders. of course they don't have any aim, they suck no matter what.

i've played against estylers. i've played with estylers. im teaching an estyler in fact about clan warring, without changing his preferred style. guess what? estylers can't aim. not any better than a kstyler.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 5:49am (PST)
quote duran1
1. shotguns aren't used because they are easy to use, it's used because they are the best weapons in the game.
2. you rarely see kstylers with other weapons, because other weapons aren't as good as shotguns

Shotguns suck. I only use mine to hit from close range after a Massive and the rifle for idiots who donno how to move left or right. Honestly, ythe reason they use shotty is because at the speed they're moving it's the only weapon that can spread enough to have even a remote chance of hitting someone.

In other words: THEY SUCK and CAN'T AIM.

The style comes with a price. Sure you can *bleep*ing fly but you can't hit the broad side of shit.

Author:   Kratos
Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 2:34pm (PST)
I don't think you even read my post.

quote Kratos2112
You assume that if people k style, then they automatically can't aim. Well then, you're no better than them. Both "k stylers" and you are clinging on to stupid stereotypes, that never should have been made in the first place. It's a bloody game, deal with it and move on.
My main point. Everyone needs to just shut up and play the dam game.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 2:56pm (PST)
I read your post and I commend your dexterity for learning Kstyle but personally, i do not do it because from personal experiance I've learned that I have better aim when I take it slow. When i don't K, one of two things happens:

1 - Kstylers get quickly

2 - I get owned quickly

I find that playing without using style stops thos pointless 5 minute rounds of TDM during which 2 Ks hide behind walls and constaly side-step, shot an d reload until both of them are ammoless and then actually start doing damage.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 7:02pm (PST)
quote Kat Bide
quote duran1

Shotguns suck. I only use mine to hit from close range after a Massive and the rifle for idiots who donno how to move left or right. Honestly, ythe reason they use shotty is because at the speed they're moving it's the only weapon that can spread enough to have even a remote chance of hitting someone.

In other words: THEY SUCK and CAN'T AIM.

The style comes with a price. Sure you can *bleep*ing fly but you can't hit the broad side of shit.

and this post alone tells me that you're playing in free channel or castle deathmatches.

reality check, your aim is nowhere near as good as you think. i don't even need to play you or see you play to make that assertion, because anyone who is decent at the game knows shotguns are the best guns through experience alone.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 7:13pm (PST)
Each of my characters has different weps.

The reason i say shotty sucks is because its logic. Like i said,

quote Kat Bide
If the shot gun they use spreads, it's a no-brainer that 1 of the 9 bullets is going to hit me from long range. That's not aim, that's lack of aim + compensation.

Obviousl if you're shooting 9 shells in a wide range it's going to hit.

Author:   MrGrimm
Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 9:01pm (PST)
I thought it was 6 shells per shot?

I agree that Shotguns are the best, and have the highest potential. They do more damage than revolvers if all 6/9 shells land. I like revolvers because of reliability, y'know? I land a lot of my shots, but from a distance, it's not a guarantee kill. So I use revolvers so that my opponent isn't safe from a distance, due to spread. Revolvers are always a guaranteed 50 damage if they land.

I probably also use Revs just to be at least slightly different from most players, and give myself an advantage based off of slight uniqueness alone.

Date:   Jun 28, 09 at 2:35am (PST)
they shoot 12 pellets. this multiples very rapidly. 12x9 for the strongest shotgun is 108 damage. 6x9 is 54. that's a lot of *bleep*ing damage, and kstylers just so happen to use 2 most of the time.

it would be great if you could adapt your logic to accept different facts, such as the fact that Gunz doesn't have guns that resemble CS:S or 1.6 or any shooter you can think of.

shotguns are monsters at close-range. they also hit a very significant portion of their pellets at mid-range. you honestly think that my aim, or any decent kstyler has such poor aim as to hit only 1 out of 12 pellet for every shot they shoot?

and again, your shots are not as accurate as you think. It'll be a first if I see someone with a rifle consistentl hit more than 1/4 of their shots against someone sufficiently motile.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.