Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Gunz 2 announced - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/25603/t1237490-gunz-2-announced/3.htm

Author:   Kratos
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 2:06pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Gunz 2 announced
-------------------------------------------
I'm not trying to bash you but you continually bash K style. Here we go again. >.>
quote Kat Bide
I think we've all had enough of Kstyle.
Nice assumption although I'd have to say that it's fairly off.

quote Kat Bide
Honestly, if you wanna K then stick with GunZ 1. GunZ 2 is apperently being made for everyone so that means others should be able to attempt something close to K style.

I agree. That's why they said they were changing K style up.

quote Kat Bide
I mean,we complained enough that we don't have the dexterity for K (But I'm abidextrous...go figure?) so they're getting rid of it
That, my good sir, is a communist thought. Should we drag down baseball athletes down and change the rules of baseball in order to help those that have less skill? No we shouldn't.

quote Kat Bide
Basically, it would be playign the game THE WAY THE MEANT IT TO BE.
K style might not be the original method of playing but it revolutionized the game. Whether you like it or not, k style is what make Gunz stand out. TBH it would be pretty boring without it. I'm pretty sure even you so called "E Stylers" would leave eventually because there'd be no one left.

quote Maiet
A. Yes there will be. But it will be a bit different in terms of outlook or control. (like clicking so many keys in one second) We respect the new tactical value created from users by kStyle and hope that it will be more advanced and appealing feature of GunZ 2. But we wouldn’t like to keep it same as GunZ 1 – we will keep the tactical value of kStyle and improve it from there with our style.
I foresee a nerf. But I like that they aren't keeping kstyle the same. They may as well just update Gunz's graphics if they do that.

Author:   Kat Bide
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 6:20pm (PST)
quote MrGrimm
It's a good thing that GunZ 1 had so many glitches though. Without them, the game would have never gone anywhere. People would have been bored with rolling around pretty quickly. Maiet hardly made the game the way it's depicted in concept art.

The game will be very fun if they can give you all kinds of options, making you opt for strategy, rather than blunt force and speed. But if they give you the ability to jump slash and block all while moving fast, we can imagine how the game will turn out. Another GunZ 1 with nicer animations and graphics, which isn't necessarily a good thing. We'll see. 2010 here we come.
THat, I could deal with. The graphics are horrible. Your feet look like paws.

quote Kratos2112
Nice assumption although I'd have to say that it's fairly off.
I'm speaking for the people who don't have the patience to learn it. I do, but I disliked having to change my playing style after 3 year of run and gun. I prefer playig it like 'noob'. Apperently that's what Stylers call me.

I'm just saying that I hope Kstyle is no longer a glitch that requreis a week to learn. Not a lengthy ammount of time but i'm not wasting my whole frigging week again.

quote Kat Bide
Personally, I think they're going to let you weilrd a gun and sword in each hand to shoot and block at the same time. This would only not work with rifles and other big weapons but at elast that would be something to stop the Ks from bitching and keep true to the bullshit concept art.
I think this would be a good Style-like method. The left mouse button would be to fire the gun and the right would be to block. The only issue is I donnno how you'd slash with the Sword. Maybe push down on the scrolling wheel? Still, I'm hoping this game will make people who were sick of getting owned back into playing it.

It will 'fair' for everyone.

quote Kat Bide
THE WAY THE MEANT IT TO BE.

Author:   duran1
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 7:09pm (PST)
playing multiplayer games the way they were meant to be is lame

emergent gameplay and player-driven communities are the way games stay alive. unless it's WoW, where they babysit you with a highly restrictive ToS that punishes innovation, which only gets by because WoW is constantly worked on by the devs.

I guess I should keep on tumbling, messing up wallruns and missing most of my shots because that's what MAIET initially saw the gameplay as, right? did you peek into MAIET's mind and see what they envisioned the gameplay as?

Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 8:56pm (PST)
Considering K style was a glitch, I don't think they planned that. They proably meant it to be like the Matrix with all that crazy shit.

The only reason I bash K style is because even though I can do it, my mind-set is defensive or 'noob' as I'm called so I'm constantly being chased. Since Kstyle is offensive and is generally always attacking at high-speeds, I just couldn't mentally adapt to it despite being able to do the moves.

We'll just see what they have in store for us when the game comes out. Given that fact that there are two factions, Axium and Travia and nothing's really been done with that, I'm assumnig they probably wanted it to be like 2 warring nations. The currently gameplay defeats the purpous of the storyline of GunZ and made it one big cluster-FU<# of PvP. Honestly, I think a bit of balance is needed. I'd understand keeping free-for-all matches but it'd be great to see use ahve to join a certain faction based on what character we create, because, let's face it, everyoe's a Travia Gun Knight at the start. Well, not everyone but at least 40% simply for the machine guns. I'd like to see people actually have a massive group and ahve an actual war or 8 Travia vs 8 Axium, or if you can get it beigger (like some private servers did in the past) you could potentially have 32vs32 or 64vs64, which would just, oh, so totally rock.

Author:   MrGrimm
Date:   Jul 11, 09 at 6:59pm (PST)
Ohh yeah. Huge fights, wars full of badass Matrix-like people. I can imagine days of fun. But they need to make a huge set of moves! Maybe even combos. The game will get boring quick if all you can do is slash and dash and tumble like they intended for GunZ 1. The only reason GunZ 1 is so strategically competitive is because players came up with K-Style and made up their own moves. What would be cool is a natural equivalent of all of the K-Style moves, made less powerful to balance out the game.

Date:   Jul 11, 09 at 10:42pm (PST)
Yeah, and if that were the case you know some idiots would jsut buy rocket launchers and rifles to mow down everyone. They really have to not only reconsider damage from weapons but, the 'outdoors' thing, because apperently, the Collusseum wasn't out-doorsy enough.

If they wanna make this work,th ey'll really have to do some frigging changes. Or at least start listening to the players alot more.

Author:   ssbm freak
Date:   Jul 12, 09 at 4:56am (PST)
quote MrGrimm
It's a good thing that GunZ 1 had so many glitches though. Without them, the game would have never gone anywhere. People would have been bored with rolling around pretty quickly. Maiet hardly made the game the way it's depicted in concept art.

The game will be very fun if they can give you all kinds of options, making you opt for strategy, rather than blunt force and speed. But if they give you the ability to jump slash and block all while moving fast, we can imagine how the game will turn out. Another GunZ 1 with nicer animations and graphics, which isn't necessarily a good thing. We'll see. 2010 here we come.
Strategic eh? XD
Gimme tripwires, landmines, flash bangs, smoke grenades,and a remote detonator. Also a rocket launcher. And let's see the damage I can cause.

I've always thought something like that for a shooter would be interesting.. Place mines. Wall run and place mines on walls. Jump off walls with tripwires. Pretty much create traps. Like toying around with the opposition. Retreat. Hide. And use the rocket launcher to control their movement(Seems to work pretty well right now. :3)

Date:   Jul 12, 09 at 5:21am (PST)
It'd be sweey if you could blow up a pillar in the Collusseum and have it topple onto someone. Creating traps'd be sick, too.

Author:   Kratos
Date:   Jul 13, 09 at 6:04pm (PST)
TBH Destructible environment sounds like alot for a free MMO but I definitely wouldn't mind it all.

Date:   Jul 13, 09 at 10:53pm (PST)
Well, with the money Ijji made off of people buying sets, I'm sure Maiet will encorporate something to make a bit of coin off of this game to pay for that shit. This is potentially the best game ever from the concept art for the first game but for some reason someone looked at a hole in the ground and thought it was his ass. Obviously that person cannot tell the difference. The proof of that is while GunZ: The Duel was fun, even I admit that it sucked after a while.

Date:   Jul 14, 09 at 4:16am (PST)
Something about fighting in the same level over and over and over pleases people. Daily schedule of a normal GunZ player:

Castle Berserker
Castle Berserker
Castle Berserker
Attack and Defense Mansion
Attack and Defense Mansion
Mansion Berserker
Mansion, mansion, mansion, castle,castle, castle, colloseum...?, mansion, mansion, castle, castle...

It goes on and on. And players are content with this! :\ I bet Maiet will even bring back these maps so people can continue to play them on GunZ 2. Which will annoy me because that's all they'll play.

And there are even fewer quest maps.

Author:   duran1
Date:   Jul 14, 09 at 4:33am (PST)
I like going into attack defense maps, watching the other team throw 20 grenades, then get a score of 20-0 and leave.

Date:   Jul 14, 09 at 4:59am (PST)
quote duran1
I like going into attack defense maps, watching the other team throw 20 grenades, then get a score of 20-0 and leave.
I prefer watching them wasting grenades. Then they turn the corner at the wrong time and get masssived + Raped. Good times...

Collusseum is the best map ever for berzerker because it's open and only an idiot would go down a narrow corridor, unlike castle, which is useless with a shotgun... Revs in that bridge thingy + Berzerker = 2-3 shot kill = ownage

Date:   Jul 14, 09 at 9:54am (PST)
Now that I think about it, it's better that they add some of the old maps to Gunz 2. It'll hook old players while simultaneously introducing them to new aspects.

What they REALLY need is a better game engine! I have a 3.0 ghz processor, and the minimum requirement RAM, and a graphics card released on the same year as Gunz , and I still get lag on medium settings! It annoys the heck out of me. I should DEFINITELY be able to play Gunz with no lag with the specs on my laptop.

Date:   Jul 15, 09 at 12:42am (PST)
I'd like to see Mansion but bigger, like ahve the doors opened or something. What'd be cool would be to see the collussuem completely destroyed but still playable, like have the pillars broken and shit.

I want a uge map, though, like something that, if it could hold something like 64 players, would be as massiev as the underground X2. Like HUGE. Imagine having a level that lets you enter and exit the mansion.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.