Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: How can I exchange my recently bought 30GB for new 80 GB? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t996586-how-exchange-my-recently-bought-30gb-for-new-80-gb/

Author:   Alex Gonzalez
Date:   Sep 10, 07 at 7:01am (PST)
Subject:   How can I exchange my recently bought 30GB for new 80 GB?
-------------------------------------------
Here's the deal. On August 22, I bought the 30GB fifth generation ipod, blissfully unaware of any new model coming out soon.

Now I see that the 80GB ipod classic is being sold at the same price I payed for mine. If my "return date" for the ipod was September 5th, it there any possible way to still return it or exchange it or upgrade it, considering it's so soon after that date?

Author:   Super Dogg
Date:   Sep 10, 07 at 8:57am (PST)
Subject:   re: How can I exchange my recently bought 30GB for new 80 GB?
You could give it a shot, but don't get your hopes up in case they don't let you return it.

Author:   DCRage
Date:   Sep 10, 07 at 11:00am (PST)
If you've already opened it and used it, the best you can probably get is an even exchange unless your 30 GB is defective, and even then there likely are fees that will reduce your credit, so the most you'd get is maybe $200. Your best hope is to probably try selling it via an online auction site.

Author:   Nath
Date:   Sep 10, 07 at 11:14am (PST)
If you want to be an honest person, you can't. That's how business works.

If you want to be a jerk, tell them it doesn't work. When I got my iPod in February however, it didn't sync to my computer at home. Worked fine at the Apple store, so I had no proof, but they exchanged it anyway. Later, it turned out the USB Port had a loose connection, but the point is that you could probably tell them it's broken and they'd do it, though it's more likely they'd give another 30G.

Date:   Sep 10, 07 at 7:03pm (PST)
Well, I'm not trying to cheat the system or anything. On most other products, if this were the case, an exchange or return wouldn't be out of the question. It's just the return date that worries me. Not knowing anything about their exchange policies, I figured I'd ask.

I'm not a very good liar, so I suppose I'll just go in and ask. Thanks for the advice, guys.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Sep 11, 07 at 2:12am (PST)
Once the return date is up, you're stuck with the iPod. You might want to send Apple an email or something to see if they'll be willing to help you out, but other than that, having a 5.5 Gen iPod Video isn't that bad.

Author:   Guticb
Date:   Sep 11, 07 at 2:55am (PST)
quote Master of the VG
Once the return date is up, you're stuck with the iPod. You might want to send Apple an email or something to see if they'll be willing to help you out, but other than that, having a 5.5 Gen iPod Video isn't that bad.
I've got a 5.5 gen video and I'm stickin with it. I couldn't care less about the new models. It's still an amazing iPod.

Date:   Sep 11, 07 at 8:13am (PST)
If anyone is interested, I contacted the apple store and got an answer.

Unfortunately, they aren't able to offer me a return or exchange. However, the woman was very nice and pointed out that I could bring in my receipt for a price adjustment on the ipod I just bought.

Ah well...lame situation, but at least there's a silver lining.

Thanks again, guys.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Sep 11, 07 at 2:17pm (PST)
A price match is better than nothing. 30GB isn't too bad. Even if you had over 80GB of music in your library, odds are you don't listen to most of it anyway.

Author:   DCRage
Date:   Sep 11, 07 at 2:28pm (PST)
If I had held on to my receipt for my 80 GB I'd have tried to do this but I probably got rid of it. I would've preferred to wait and get a 160 GB if I knew about it even though I'm very happy with my 80 GB. At the time I got it (just under a month ago, I think) I just couldn't wait much longer.

Author:   w00tageseven
Date:   Sep 15, 07 at 1:59am (PST)
quote Alex Gonzalez
Here's the deal. On August 22, I bought the 30GB fifth generation ipod, blissfully unaware of any new model coming out soon.

Now I see that the 80GB ipod classic is being sold at the same price I payed for mine. If my "return date" for the ipod was September 5th, it there any possible way to still return it or exchange it or upgrade it, considering it's so soon after that date?
I know how to make a 30 GB iPod restart every time you switch songs. All you need are certain video files that were converted a certain way. Keh heh heh. It will count as a broken unit, and you can ask for money back, and buy a newer one! keh heh heh. PM me if you want to take this evil way out. Serves them right for selling you 50 gigs less when the new ones were right around the corner.

Author:   Q.T.
Date:   Sep 21, 07 at 8:47pm (PST)
I bought an 80GB 2 weeks ago for $399.00 and now the NEW version 160GB same price!

I GOT A CREDIT!!!!I just caleld the store, and told them the honest truth, that i was surprised and dissapointed when i saw that i could have got the newest version, and double capacity for same price.

so, they gave me a credit on my credit card!

Author:   Q.T.
Date:   Sep 21, 07 at 8:50pm (PST)
HONESTY REALLY DOES WORK!

I was unaware, and apple store also did not know about the upcoming NEW iPod til the day it came out!

i told them i felt it was unfair, and they agreed. so, try to fight for your fairness

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.