Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Fall 07 Apple Lineup - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t993145-fall-07-apple-lineup/

Author:   Bri
Date:   Sep 05, 07 at 11:43pm (PST)
Subject:   Fall 07 Apple Lineup
-------------------------------------------
Holy shit! I could not believe all of this, let me try and make it easier to digest for all of you.

Apple.com

• iPhone - 4GB will be phased out, while the 8GB gets a $200 price-cut for the holiday season, retailing for about $399.
  • iPod Nano - Completely retooled, 2.5 inch screen and get this - VIDEOS!...also comes in some horrendous new colors (that vomit green? no thanks), not entirely sure if the colors already used will be used again.
  • iPod classic - Take the iPod video, and now it comes in insane 80 and 160 gig memory...with no real price difference.
  • Shuffle - No change; new colors will be available.
  • IPOD TOUCH! - YES! I personally have been waiting for this since the iPhone came out! An iPod with the coverflow, touch features and shit! Love this because I can't afford an iphone...may not be able to afford this, the memory isn't TOO great either, coming in at 8G and 16G, $299 and $399 respectively...damn, that's still expensive.

Bad news: The White iPod is dead. Silver has slid on in and taken over for default colors.

Very quick memo here, but just wanted to start a convo on it.

Author:   lostprophetsfan
    Date:   Sep 05, 07 at 11:53pm (PST)
    Subject:   re: Fall 07 Apple Lineup
    the nano looks like ass now

:{

Author:   axforts2212
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 12:08am (PST)
    Im happy I snagged my 30gb black video when i did for a good price. none of those interest me

Author:   The Slayer
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 12:17am (PST)
    Wow, the nano looks horrible. Its too short and too fat. Its nice it can play videos now, but I dont like it. I like the tall and skinny nano's, not the short and fat.

And who has 160GB of videos and music?!?

Author:   Guticb
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 12:37am (PST)
    Wow am I glad I got my Video when I did. I HATE the new lineups. I like the concept of the Touch, but it doesn't have enough memory and it costs way too much for me to consider buying the damn thing.

Author:   0172
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 12:40am (PST)
    quote the slayer
    Wow, the nano looks horrible. Its too short and too fat. Its nice it can play videos now, but I dont like it. I like the tall and skinny nano's, not the short and fat.

Exactly. The Nano looks like a terrible attempt at a miniture version on the full size iPod.

Author:   grayfox2
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 12:42am (PST)
    quote the slayer

I do! Seriously, I do.

Author:   axforts2212
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 12:43am (PST)
    Who wants to watch that many videos on the iPod lmao. I have a video, and it has 3 of my favorite music videos. thats it.

Author:   Bri
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 1:07am (PST)
    The Gig thing is overrated. I mean, I listen to music all the time, and only recently, after 18 months have I run out of space on my Nano (First generation, 2G) and it serves me just fine. I barely have time to listen to half of that anyway, so I don't mind grabbing a 16Gig Touch, I'll never run out of songs...it'd be nice to ever have to worry about deleting, though.

Videos though, that's another problem. As noted, I've never even owned a video, but they easily whop the crap out of simply adding MP3's and AAC's...aren't they like on average, 50MB? I plan to add a LOT of material so I'm actually trying to decide between the 80Gig Classic and the 16Gig Touch...I'll have to work extra hours to afford either one, though...

Author:   exsoldierCloudStrife
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 3:28am (PST)
    ǧ · I'm a big music fan. But at the same time, that means I'm a music snob, so I only have the best music on my iPod. Which is around 12gigs, and thats a little too much. Some of it I don't listen to, so that touch ipod is looking rather nice, though I might wait until that number goes up, because I like having videos on it as well.

Author:   LinkinPork
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 5:31am (PST)
    160 GB of storage sounds great to me. With all the movies and TV shows available it wouldn't even be too hard to fill up.

Author:   Anime
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 10:16am (PST)
    The nano is trying to copy the styles of the competitors because I have seen my friend with a mp3 player just like that. It looks horrible and who the hell want to watch a video on such a small screen, my 30gb iPod is just big enough for me to get a decent experience watching movies. Even though from the image their isn't too much of a difference in screen size, that just looks too small for my liking.

The iPod Touch looks good but if its anything like my iPod it'll have an oily screen that smudges with the slightest touch to the screen and I'd be constantly try to clean it - may not be a problem for anyone else but I like my screen smudge free. xD
    คภเ๓є

Author:   DCRage
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 11:27am (PST)
    Man, if only I didn't have to get my 80 GB a few weeks back...oh well, at least it does the job for me so I don't have to go out and get one. Could've used it, I've got almost 250 GB of video (movies/TV shows) I could fill it up with.

Author:   samuraisushimonster
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 8:56pm (PST)
    the nano and classic are kind of ugly but they also have way better battery life

Author:   0172
    Date:   Sep 06, 07 at 10:20pm (PST)
    quote Anime
    The nano is trying to copy the styles of the competitors because I have seen my friend with a mp3 player just like that. It looks horrible and who the hell want to watch a video on such a small screen, my 30gb iPod is just big enough for me to get a decent experience watching movies. Even though from the image their isn't too much of a difference in screen size, that just looks too small for my liking.

The iPod Touch looks good but if its anything like my iPod it'll have an oily screen that smudges with the slightest touch to the screen and I'd be constantly try to clean it - may not be a problem for anyone else but I like my screen smudge free. xD
    ?????

About the Touch's screen, I highly doubt it will be as smudge sensitive as any of the other iPods. You're supposed to touch it! Why would they leave the screen highly smudge-able?!

• Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
    All Rights Reserved.