Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Need to buy new IPOD - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t980763-need-to-buy-new-ipod/

Author:   Phil S
Date:   Aug 22, 07 at 11:01pm (PST)
Subject:   Need to buy new IPOD
-------------------------------------------
My 80GB ipod just got stolen last week. If I buy a new one, can I sync the new one with everything that is on my itune list? I wasn't sure based on the serial number of the stolen one. Also, can the thief also add more songs to my stolen ipod? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Author:   DCRage
Date:   Aug 22, 07 at 11:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Need to buy new IPOD
To answer your first question, yes. There are actually a handful of ways to do it, have a look at this article:
Apple Support-How to use multiple iPods with one computer
To answer your second question, theoretically yes, but this person would need access to a PC with iTunes, the necessary equipment (namely a USB cable and access to a PC), and to enable use of the iPod as a hard disk.

Author:   0172
Date:   Aug 22, 07 at 11:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Need to buy new IPOD
Serial #s have nothing to do with syncing. You can't sync to a specific iPod only, you can sync your library with any iPod. I'm pretty sure they can. The content already on it is bound to get erased when they try adding to it though. With the way your iPod is synced, if they connect it to their library, if their library is set to sync, it will erase whatever isn't already in their library thats in your iPod. That is if they allow it to. There are ways to extract the music from an iPod and put it in your library. One of the programs is called Senuti. iTunes backward. Even if their library isn't set to sync, even if they try to add more music, everything will be erased from the iPod because if you change from being syncec to manual, you have to reload everything. Why do you need to know?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.